blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I looked on xda and cant find any original development roms that will work with gb27 if there is one link me them please
Currently on team acheron tbsgs4 rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I looked on xda and cant find any original development roms that will work with gb27 if there is one link me them please
Currently on team acheron tbsgs4 rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

Development is getting less and less. Touched is probably in my opinion one of the better ROMs based on GB27.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Come to the CM side ;-). I agree though... Development is getting less and less as everyone migrates to new devices. Very thankful that we still have a few good developers pushing updates for our device.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Come to the CM side ;-). I agree though... Development is getting less and less as everyone migrates to new devices. Very thankful that we still have a few good developers pushing updates for our device.

If you don't mind me asking which CM version ROM are you running on your SPH-D710? I've run CM for years on my Evo and now on my Galaxy Nexus. My wife's SPH-D710 has been very flaky lately so I'm looking to wipe it and put a ROM on it. I usually learn towards CM.

CM10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 seems to be the latest for SPH-D710. If you're running it, is it running pretty solid for you? Since this is my wife's phone I'm more concerned with stability/battery life than cutting edge.

Also which recovery are you running?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking which CM version ROM are you running on your SPH-D710? I've run CM for years on my Evo and now on my Galaxy Nexus. My wife's SPH-D710 has been very flaky lately so I'm looking to wipe it and put a ROM on it. I usually learn towards CM.

CM10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 seems to be the latest for SPH-D710. If you're running it, is it running pretty solid for you? Since this is my wife's phone I'm more concerned with stability/battery life than cutting edge.

Also which recovery are you running?

I'm using WFTN by Dastin. He's getting it ready for official CM support, hopefully soon: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2099881

It's smooth and problem free. You will need the Visual Voice mail app if you use Sprint for voice mail. In would highly suggest flashing via the known safe method discussed in the sticky since I'm not sure if CM Beta 2 has a safe recovery (I'm using the cwm built into the kernel of this ROM).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, I really appreciate the info srkmagnus. It looks like I have a project this weekend.

We're actually on Ting so I'll skip the VVM app. It may work there but we haven't used VVM in a while. It's something I may look into once I get everything else going.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I installed the latest version of this on my wife's phone over the weekend. So far it's running very well. I really appreciate the recommendation.
You're welcome. It's a great ROM and I have been using it for a while now. There are other ROMs by great developers on XDA, so feel free to give others a try if your wife gets bored or you want to see what else you might enjoy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63