Would it be possible to backup/dump internal memory on my computer or sd card?

BobBiz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Boost Mobile Samsung S2 (also known as Epic 4G Touch) Not Rooted

I accidentally deleted some photos (family pictures and pictures of my father before he passed away) from my phone but my S2 doesn't go in USB Mass Storage and only goes to MTP and PTP. Recovery programs can't scan in these modes. I am trying to backup/dump my internal memory either on SD card or computer, is there a way to do this? I am figuring I can save it to the sd card or computer; once having it saved I can use the recovery program to for deleted files. Thank you in advance for your help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Phone: Boost Mobile Samsung S2 (also known as Epic 4G Touch) Not Rooted

I accidentally deleted some photos (family pictures and pictures of my father before he passed away) from my phone but my S2 doesn't go in USB Mass Storage and only goes to MTP and PTP. Recovery programs can't scan in these modes. I am trying to backup/dump my internal memory either on SD card or computer, is there a way to do this? I am figuring I can save it to the sd card or computer; once having it saved I can use the recovery program to for deleted files. Thank you in advance for your help.
Welcome to AndroidCentral! USB Mode Switch - Play Store was designed for GS1 CM9 but works on GS2 devices and CM ROMs. I'm not sure if it works on the GS2 stock ROM and on unrooted devices, but it's worth a shot.

BobBiz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Srkmagnus for the quick and helpful response. I learned about this app, download and tried it Unfortunately all it says is:

Current USB mode:
Current USB mode

Switch to "button"

When I click on the Switch to button it says: Change USB mode to null With the Options of "No, don't change", "Yes, reboot now" and "yes, reboot later"

I wasn't quite sure what this meant..

Do you think it would be possible to root my s2 without overwriting the deleted files making them unrecoverable?

Last edited:

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that you can turn on G+ instant upload and all of your pics are backed up instantly to your G+ account. You'll never accidentally delete another photo again.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Srkmagnus for the quick and helpful response. I learned about this app, download and tried it Unfortunately all it says is:

Current USB mode:
Current USB mode

Switch to "button"

When I click on the Switch to button it says: Change USB mode to null With the Options of "No, don't change", "Yes, reboot now" and "yes, reboot later"

I wasn't quite sure what this meant..

Do you think it would be possible to root my s2 without overwriting the deleted files making them unrecoverable?

If you're going to use a jb ROM you'll lose your internal memory to gain root, for that app reboot to get usb mode

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey