List of problems on my GS2..

• Phone Loads to yellow triangle
    • Solid,constant blue LED light
    • PC does not recognize phone when connected,so no Kies or Odin exe.
    • Cant reach hard reset mode
    • Cant run Odin recovery mode,goes straight to yellow triangle error.

Only thing I can do,is get to Odin downloading mode,but its useless since my phone cant be detected by my PC anymore.Ive tried multiple USB ports as well.

I personally think my phone is a goner,but would like to get more knowledgeable peoples opinion on the matter before I chuck it.

thanks.
    07-28-2013 08:17 PM
    List of problems on my GS2..

• Phone Loads to yellow triangle
    • Solid,constant blue LED light
    • PC does not recognize phone when connected,so no Kies or Odin exe.
    • Cant reach hard reset mode
    • Cant run Odin recovery mode,goes straight to yellow triangle error.

Only thing I can do,is get to Odin downloading mode,but its useless since my phone cant be detected by my PC anymore.Ive tried multiple USB ports as well.

I personally think my phone is a goner,but would like to get more knowledgeable peoples opinion on the matter before I chuck it.

thanks.
    Welcome to the forums!
    -Did you root the device?
    -Have you tried downloading updated Samsung drivers and restarting the PC?
    -What is your carrier?
    gimbo22 likes this.
    07-28-2013 10:34 PM
    Hi and thanks!

I tried to update my phone from ICS with the JB update I got from the Samsung S2 site.Honestly, I wasnt aware you had to do any sort of prepping or rooting(as you mentioned) before initiating the update.I used the simple install tool that came with the JB update,set the Odin download mode,and once I plugged it in and the program and PC recognized the phone,I started the update.The progress bar got to 98% and stalled,I left it for almost 2 hours hoping it would finish,but it didnt,so I had no choice but to cancel it.Now im at where I am now in my original post.

I also did install the Samsung drivers off the Samsung website and installed those first. Im assuming theyre the latest.

My Carrier is a smaller Company called Ting.They run through Sprint however,and sell Sprint phones.I have model SPH-D710
    07-28-2013 11:18 PM
    Hi and thanks!

I tried to update my phone from ICS with the JB update I got from the Samsung S2 site.Honestly, I wasnt aware you had to do any sort of prepping or rooting(as you mentioned) before initiating the update.I used the simple install tool that came with the JB update,set the Odin download mode,and once I plugged it in and the program and PC recognized the phone,I started the update.The progress bar got to 98% and stalled,I left it for almost 2 hours hoping it would finish,but it didnt,so I had no choice but to cancel it.Now im at where I am now in my original post.

I also did install the Samsung drivers off the Samsung website and installed those first. Im assuming theyre the latest.

My Carrier is a smaller Company called Ting.They run through Sprint however,and sell Sprint phones.I have model SPH-D710
    Give me a minute on a solution....
    gimbo22 likes this.
    07-28-2013 11:22 PM
    Hi and thanks!

Ok. Here we go...
    First, let's clear a misunderstanding. You did nothing wrong. You don't need to be rooted for any of what you did, your phone had a hiccup at the wrong time.
    Second, thank you for preemptively posting your device model number.

Third, I am sure I can help you fix this. You are going to need to do some prep work. First, you need a program called 7 Zip. You can find it just about anywhere for free, CNET is a good place to download from.
    Once you have that installed, you will need to go here: Rwilco12's Android Repository
    Go to Downloads>Galaxy S2>Sprint (Match your model number)>Stock ROMs.
    Once there, you can select whatever Jelly Bean or ICS ROM you want. The most current is GB27, so in the Jelly Bean folder (JB) you will have to scroll down to find it. Go to Full Restore, and Unrooted. Download the .exe file
    Full Restore means a complete wipe of your phone. This is going to suck, but there is an error, and in order to rid the error, this needs to be done.

Once downloaded you will have to extract it. I would first suggest creating a folder on your desktop and name it. Something like JB Update. To extract the file you need to double click the file you downloaded and 7 Zip will open automatically. There should be a box that has three small dots in it, click that, Find your file you created on your desktop and click on it then click open. It will begin to extract. This may take about 5 minutes.

Once done, you can open that new update folder. There should be a file called ODIN-OC, double click that. And then open the file that comes after that. You will see a window pop up saying something like GB27 restore.

Charge your phone to at least 75% before doing the next step. Turn the phone off and reboot into Download Mode. Hold volume down and power. You will see a warning screen next, click continue.

Take a data cable (charging cable) and plug your phone in to your PC. You phone and PC will start communicating, this may take several minutes. But in that restore window you should see a colored box come up that says COM and a number. Number is irrelevant, if you get the colored box your PC recognizes the phone. You can then click Start. Once you click Start do not unplug it, Keep the PC plugged in, and do not let it sleep. This is the flashing of the stock ROM. This will take between 5 and 15 minutes. The window and phone should show progress bars. The window will say PASS and the phone will reboot.
    Once done, you can set your phone up again, and I would suggest rebooting into recovery and wiping cache as soon as possible. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    iHackPro and gimbo22 like this.
    07-28-2013 11:57 PM
    Any questions, do not proceed, and ask first.
    07-29-2013 12:00 AM
    Wow,thanks for that post..

Though what if the PC nor the Odin3Execute.exe dont recognize the phone?

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers,then restarting my PC.Ive also tested all of my USB ports with another device and it works fine on all of them.
    07-29-2013 01:19 AM
    Wow,thanks for that post..

Though what if the PC nor the Odin3Execute.exe dont recognize the phone?

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers,then restarting my PC.Ive also tested all of my USB ports with another device and it works fine on all of them.
    So your PC does not recognize your phone?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    07-29-2013 09:00 AM
    I don't have any help or advice for this one, and as much as I'd like to consider myself a helpful member, it's people like Golfdriver97 that make this forum great. Awesome help.
    gimbo22 and Golfdriver97 like this.
    07-29-2013 10:25 AM
    So your PC does not recognize your phone?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

unfortunately not
    07-29-2013 12:17 PM
    I don't have any help or advice for this one, and as much as I'd like to consider myself a helpful member, it's people like Golfdriver97 that make this forum great. Awesome help.
    I agree..

I am much appreciative! if there is a donation link to the site I'll definitely contribute.
    07-29-2013 12:19 PM
    I agree..

I am much appreciative! if there is a donation link to the site I'll definitely contribute.
    Hate to say it, then you probably are without a device.

As for donations....Pay it forward.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    07-29-2013 01:54 PM
    Hate to say it, then you probably are without a device.

As for donations....Pay it forward.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

I kind of felt it was a goner,but just wanted to make doubly sure..

Thank you so much for the help,Golfdriver97.You have been a big help!

I'll be sure to pay it forward
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-29-2013 03:40 PM
    Sounds like it's time to talk to your carrier.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-29-2013 03:42 PM
    Sounds like it's time to talk to your carrier.
    Good point.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    07-29-2013 03:56 PM
    Hey IDK if this helps but I had the same thing happen to me. i bought a galaxy s2 boost phone SPH-D710BST. had it for 4 days when it told me that there was an update so i did the update. it must have messed up in the middle of the update or something because when it rebooted i had no signal. tried everything i could think of to fix it. nothing. so i called boost. they transferred me to Samsung technical support who then had me bring it to the Samsung experience store here in the mall. the guy there got the PC to recognize it but after he flashed it the phone wouldn't even boot and all i got was a solid blue light. needless to say i had to send the phone to warranty. They ended up replacing the motherboard but they must have put the wrong one in it. i got the phone back activated it and was having issues. when i looked at the hardware the boost rom wasn't recognizing the PCB board. so i found a sprint rom for my phone flashed it and its working great. anyway sorry for the babbling but it may be the same thing i ran into. bad PCB board.see if you can get it repaird if its still under waranty.
    08-01-2013 03:50 PM