Applications Not Updating Due to Insufficient Memory

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I have four applications that have updates available: Facebook, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Search and YouTube. Between the four applications a total of 39.21 MB is required. I currently have 0.2 GB of space available in my phone's System Storage (see attached photo). When I try to install the available updates I keep getting messages that there is insufficient storage. Does anyone know what could be going on?

Thanks,

Scottmemory.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your system storage is almost full, probably due to a lot of installed apps, a lot of cached data, a lot of stored text/multimedia messages, or a combination of the above. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

My guess is that for your phone, System Storage is the same as Application Storage, USB Storage is your Internal Storage, and SD Card is your external SD Card.

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the system storage is almost full but there's 0.2 GB left, which is nearly 200 MB of space. Between all four applications that are available to update there's only 40 MB required. Before I dive into that link you provided I'd imagine that if my system storage housed all of the apps, cached data, text/multimedia, or any combination of those items, it would be captured in the used memory, which shows to be 1.77 GB. It seems that the available 200 MB cannot be used for the applications? Maybe it's similar to a 100 GB hard drive only having 90 GB of available space for the user...Weird... I'll check out the information in your link. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I think Android probably won't let you fill that system storage completely, since it probably needs some leeway for data storage.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, B Diddy. Delete some unused apps, disable any stock ones you aren't using.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3