I'm trying to help a non-techie friend with this phone. He bought a used SG2 from someone and he originally wanted to move it to his Verizon account. Some research tells me that probably isn't an option. His next request was whether we could move it to his wife's Straight Talk account. I'm not sure how to proceed on that. ST said that we could activate it if is is unlocked and we buy a network activation code. But, can you unlock a CDMA phone? Maybe he used the wrong nomenclature. Is it possible to move this phone. It is not currently rooted, (I will do that if necessary) but I did track down the MSL.

Thanks for the help.
    10-17-2013 02:40 PM
    Bring you own device is for GSM phones not CDMA phones. Most likely the MEID of the phone he is trying to activate would have to be changed which is a bit shady and probably not worth the trouble. Ting would be a cheap prepaid carrier that would allow using a Sprint device so that may be a better option.
    10-17-2013 02:49 PM
    I can get to a point in the byop website where it will let me buy a network code. It does offer options for CDMA on there. The website is just not very informative. I'm not going to tell him to have gim buy a network code without more info.
    10-17-2013 04:33 PM
    I can get to a point in the byop website where it will let me buy a network code. It does offer options for CDMA on there. The website is just not very informative. I'm not going to tell him to have gim buy a network code without more info.
    You are supposed to now be able to BYOP Sprint to ST and port your number. The problem is that ST can't seem to find their bottom with two hands.
    10-28-2013 11:29 AM