I have a question for the owners that have stock phones (non-rooted, no CynogenMod etc.) I recently received the Sprint OTA ICS update and after several days of battery normalization, tweaking settings and fine tuning, I am ok with the performance of the phone, battery life, etc. I am now getting very frequent alerts for the FH13 OTA update which is supposed to explicitly address battery performance.

Has anyone executed this update on a stock phone (non-rooted/modded) and still had problems?
    I am tempted to update because the alert pops up almost every 15 minutes. As mentioned, so far ICS is not a bad experience for me.

Stuck on whether to leave well enough alone or add the Sprint update. I assume at this late stage, Sprint has fixed any bugs with FH13 that plagued a lot of owners who committed last year.

Thanks!
    11-23-2013 07:15 PM
    I have a question for the owners that have stock phones (non-rooted, no CynogenMod etc.) I recently received the Sprint OTA ICS update and after several days of battery normalization, tweaking settings and fine tuning, I am ok with the performance of the phone, battery life, etc. I am now getting very frequent alerts for the FH13 OTA update which is supposed to explicitly address battery performance.

Has anyone executed this update on a stock phone (non-rooted/modded) and still had problems?
    I am tempted to update because the alert pops up almost every 15 minutes. As mentioned, so far ICS is not a bad experience for me.

Stuck on whether to leave well enough alone or add the Sprint update. I assume at this late stage, Sprint has fixed any bugs with FH13 that plagued a lot of owners who committed last year.

Thanks!
    It's hard to say if you will continue to have excellent battery life on the current build rather than the newer build. Just note that once you do take the update you'll be getting the update notification for 4.1, which is Jellybean.

If it isn't broken and you like the current OS then stick with it. Otherwise, take the leap and update
    11-25-2013 06:39 PM
    Update to JB. You won't regret it. The battery life is fine with it. I'd even say better than the battery life was with ICS.
    11-25-2013 11:26 PM