Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch - Headphone jack acting up, help?:(

Tyler Myers1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I dont really know anything at all about all this android stuff, but I took the warrenty off my phone and now my headphone jack is acting up. When I plug in headphones you can hear like.. acoustics really good I guess? But all the singing ecos and I can barely hear it.. But then I plug it into the aux port in my car and it plays music perfectly fine. Its not the headphones because It was happening with my old ones so I went out and bought brand new ones and it does the same thing. Plus I use these headphones with my computer so I know they work. Any way this is fixable?:/ Could I pop the phone open and replace the aux jack easly?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

The headphone jack is part of the motherboard. I'm not a repair tech but I've opened enough phones to know its piece of the motherboard and I think most repair techs just replace the full motherboard or order refurbs as standard procedure. Things like the external speaker, mic, display, digitizer and buttons are usually the only things a tech replaces since they are hooked up with a ribbon cable and plug for easy replacement.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you prefer headphones, and with Christmas coming up, now might be a good time to ask for bluetooth headphones.