Samsung 2 Error retrieving information from server [rpc:s - 3]

songmn36

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
When I select the install button for an app from the Google Playstore, I receive the following error message "Error Error retrieving information from server: [rpc:s - 3]". I've tried factory reset, synching Google account, shut the device down, remove the battery, but nothing seems to work. When I go into the Application Manager, no apps are listed. Not sure what else I can do, or if this needs to go in for service. Any assistance would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Remove your Google account from the phone then sign back in and try re-downloading it, see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Karen Williams2

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I am also getting the error message when trying to download apps from Play Store. I have been to att twice and they have removed and installed it again. I am still getting the error message on my Samsung S4:-\

joshua archer

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me and this took care of it.
Method 1:

Open system settings
Go to Applications (or Apps) >> All
From all apps select Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Uninstall updates
Again, from All>>Download Manager >> Clear Cache and Data
Finally, All >> Google Services Framework >> Clear Cache and Data
Now, rerun Google play store.

Now I'm able to download and update apps,

If Method 1 (Above ^) doesn't work, try this.

Method 2:

Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account
Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your gmail account
Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayugala

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I just had this problem today after they had wiped my phone and I was trying to update. I just removed my google account and re-input my google account details to sync all the settings again and it worked!

Neo7

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I did Method 1 and it worked but now PlayStore INSTALLED list is blank and is not showing the list of Apps that require updating (Just the list is gone, Apps are still there and show under ALL).... If I manually update and app it then that App shows in the INSTALLED list Ok.
Is there a way I can refresh my INSTALLED list ?

Many thanks.
Neo7

Neo7

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Played with the Settings in PlayStore and signed into Samsung Account and next thing I know it's all working again..... go figure!

jchanin32

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Samsung GT-P3113TG tablet and I am getting this same issue but I have tried all of the above and now it won't connect to the play store to see if this even worked.

Sarangapani Sravan

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
When I select the install button for an app from the Google Playstore, I receive the following error message "Error Error retrieving information from server: [rpc:s - 3]". I've tried factory reset, synching Google account, shut the device down, remove the battery, but nothing seems to work. When I go into the Application Manager, no apps are listed. Not sure what else I can do, or if this needs to go in for service. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rsp3

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven Keller

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have tried both your fixes and had not luck, I am trying this on a galaxy note 8.0 GT-N5110.
I also do not have the option button to uninstall updates for google play store.

Any help would be great.

SMK