07-20-2011 04:01 PM
75 123
tools
    good thing i read this. i was about to make a jump for the htc evo 3d. looks like i will wait to see what happens with the galaxy II s when sprint rolls them out. thanks for the info!
    HTC EVO 3D review

Did you guys see the horrible review htc 3d got? holy crap i feel kinda ashamed that i even thought of purchasing it. conversely, they called the gs2 the best android phone out right now. that sux cuz im dying to dump my focking bb. To top it off, since sprint lost the roaming coverage, my signals been bouncin all over the place and my gps signal has gotten weak and sometimes i don't get my emails for 3 days, etc...so I may have to go to vzw which kinda sux.

I just don't get how people think that htc phones are that great. if you look at even epic vs evo 4g side by side, samsung screen just blows away htc. Can't believe that vzw is selling htc phones for $250. to me htc has long ways to go to catch up w apple and samsung.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/05/16/samsun...y-s-ii-review/

here's the S ii review
    fred1955 likes this.
    06-19-2011 12:07 AM
    what was so Horrible about that review? from what I skimmed thru he says its the best Sprint phone to date.

"It took a couple days for the HTC EVO 3D to grow on me — from the build and design, to the user interface, to the 3D aspect — but after spending a week with it, I can confidently say this is my favorite Sprint phone, hands down. The Motorola Photon 4G is interesting, and from what I saw I liked it a lot. The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTC’s Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package.

I love My Epic and am looking forward to the GSII. But the EVO 3D its not for everyone but it is a solid and great phone for HTC and Sprint.
    06-19-2011 08:31 AM
    what was so Horrible about that review? from what I skimmed thru he says its the best Sprint phone to date.

"It took a couple days for the HTC EVO 3D to grow on me from the build and design, to the user interface, to the 3D aspect but after spending a week with it, I can confidently say this is my favorite Sprint phone, hands down. The Motorola Photon 4G is interesting, and from what I saw I liked it a lot. The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTCs Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package.

I love My Epic and am looking forward to the GSII. But the EVO 3D its not for everyone but it is a solid and great phone for HTC and Sprint.
    HTC EVO 3D review -- Engadget

Im sorry i thin it was engadget review I read and saw where british guy was doing a video review
    06-19-2011 10:51 AM

"It took a couple days for the HTC EVO 3D to grow on me from the build and design, to the user interface, to the 3D aspect but after spending a week with it, I can confidently say this is my favorite Sprint phone, hands down. The Motorola Photon 4G is interesting, and from what I saw I liked it a lot. The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTCs Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package.

Best Sprint phone isn't saying much, and the Nexus S still benchmarked higher. So I wouldn't really be buying a phone based on the best point it has is being the best Sprint phone available. They have nothing else to compare to it.
    06-19-2011 03:34 PM
    Best Sprint phone isn't saying much, and the Nexus S still benchmarked higher. So I wouldn't really be buying a phone based on the best point it has is being the best Sprint phone available. They have nothing else to compare to it.
    Benchmarks don't have much credibility here because the Evo 3D and Nexus S have different resolutions. Also keep in mind that the dual core snapdragon in the Evo 3D is asynchronous, meaning it will only use the 2nd core if necessary (which might explain the lower scores as it doesn't need to have it when benchmarking. Devs may also make it so it will use both cores all the time). So essentially, the Evo 3D is running quadrant on a single core snapdragon on a resolution of 960x540 meanwhile the nexus s is running quadrant on a single core hummingbird on a resolution of 800x480.
    06-19-2011 04:33 PM
    all they have to do is ANNOUNCE this phone (with pics and specs) before 6/24 and I will wait for it.
    otherwise its evo time.
    06-19-2011 06:26 PM
    Yea I understand. To each there own. I was just confused based on the review and the post. I personally don't take benchmarks for nothing then just away to test oyur phone for fun. If you really want to see what your phone can do, play a really intense game. They test Computers with games like Crisis. Thats what we need. Agame like that to see what these duo cores can really do lol.

No keyboard on this sweet piece. get it and give the wife the epic. It's a win win
    lol I would like to have one but if it doesn't have 1 thats fine too. I can always get a Mini/Micro Bluetooth keyboard lol I'm looking into them right now anyway.
    06-19-2011 06:55 PM
    Yea I understand. To each there own. I was just confused based on the review and the post. I personally don't take benchmarks for nothing then just away to test oyur phone for fun. If you really want to see what your phone can do, play a really intense game. They test Computers with games like Crisis. Thats what we need. Agame like that to see what these duo cores can really do lol.

lol I would like to have one but if it doesn't have 1 thats fine too. I can always get a Mini/Micro Bluetooth keyboard lol I'm looking into them right now anyway.
    Just with initial GPU benchmarks the Mali-400 in the GS2 hands down showed to beat up on the Adreno 220. Again with the caps being at 60fps on stock kernals, most users will never know the power of the chips.
    06-20-2011 12:16 AM
    Well I was really hoping for the rumored date to be true just because it meant a closer release for the other carriers, now I am hoping this date turns out because I will be ditching Verizon since they are implementing these new ridiculous tiered data plans.
    06-20-2011 05:14 PM
    Well I was really hoping for the rumored date to be true just because it meant a closer release for the other carriers, now I am hoping this date turns out because I will be ditching Verizon since they are implementing these new ridiculous tiered data plans.
    You aren't the only one. I had my heart set on the S2 over the Bionic on Verizon. Now with the ridiculousness of the tiered plans I'm considering the jump to Sprint and just getting the S2 on there.
    06-20-2011 05:36 PM
    I wish they would just confirm a date so I knew when this beast was coming out. I hate not knowing.
    06-20-2011 06:02 PM
    Seems completely unsubstantiated. But stuff like this keeps showing up:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 to Launch on Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile Networks | Headline News

I'm hoping for July as well because I need to upgrade from my LG Optimus S, and don't want to get involved with the recpetion issues of the Nexus S, or the crappy camera on the EVO 3D. Come on S2!!!!
    06-20-2011 06:04 PM
    Seems completely unsubstantiated. But stuff like this keeps showing up:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 to Launch on Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile Networks | Headline News

I'm hoping for July as well because I need to upgrade from my LG Optimus S, and don't want to get involved with the recpetion issues of the Nexus S, or the crappy camera on the EVO 3D. Come on S2!!!!
    that article has absolutely no new information backing up the report. I was expecting something like 'according to an insider' but nope, the article continues into another direction talking about rumored speculation of how the phone is already better than the iphone 5 and a bit of history of how the original galaxy s couldn't dent iphone sales.
    06-20-2011 07:26 PM
    that article has absolutely no new information backing up the report. I was expecting something like 'according to an insider' but nope, the article continues into another direction talking about rumored speculation of how the phone is already better than the iphone 5 and a bit of history of how the original galaxy s couldn't dent iphone sales.
    This isn't the iPhone forum, we could care less about what it does. Samsung still gets some of the best sales numbers in Android, and it keeps Android building bigger and bigger as times goes.
    06-20-2011 08:27 PM
    all they have to do is ANNOUNCE this phone (with pics and specs) before 6/24 and I will wait for it.
    otherwise its evo time.

I agree. Not knowing is worse than knowing you have a month to wait. Just please announce...
    06-20-2011 08:36 PM
    This isn't the iPhone forum, we could care less about what it does. Samsung still gets some of the best sales numbers in Android, and it keeps Android building bigger and bigger as times goes.
    I feel like HTC is the general of the android army (started android and had first nexus phone), Samsung is the reinforcements (with their great hardware), Moto is the corrupt leader (locked bootloaders :P), LG is starting to go up the ranks lol, and Sony, Acer, and all the other manufactuers are just sub divisions.

Wow, I'm such a no life haha.
    06-20-2011 08:51 PM
    I ran into Jackie Chan in an abandoned warehouse filled with ladders. Jackie Chan told me that the SGS2 was coming out in September. I started arguing with him but he said he didn't want any trouble, and considering our surroundings, I decided to let this one go.

I suggest you all do the same.
    fred1955 likes this.
    06-20-2011 11:57 PM
    I ran into Jackie Chan in an abandoned warehouse filled with ladders. Jackie Chan told me that the SGS2 was coming out in September. I started arguing with him but he said he didn't want any trouble, and considering our surroundings, I decided to let this one go.

I suggest you all do the same.
    How do you respond to a post like that? lol.
    06-21-2011 01:22 AM
    Like most of you, I was waiting for either the 3D or GSII.

Tell you what, and I'm surprised I'm not reading more of this, I will not be happy if the GSII is any more than $250 after rebates. It should be $200, to compete with the other super phones in the market (not just the iPhone), but I can't argue against a $50 premium for the extra features. I will only pay $250 if it is 4G, too. $300 and I'm getting the 3D. Just can't justify the price difference for similar core specs between phones.
    06-21-2011 12:45 PM
    How do you respond to a post like that? lol.
    Didn't you know that the only credible source for mobile news is Jean Claude Van DamAGE!
    thascourge likes this.
    06-21-2011 12:45 PM
    Tell you what, and I'm surprised I'm not reading more of this, I will not be happy if the GSII is any more than $250 after rebates. It should be $200, to compete with the other super phones in the market (not just the iPhone), but I can't argue against a $50 premium for the extra features. I will only pay $250 if it is 4G, too. $300 and I'm getting the 3D. Just can't justify the price difference for similar core specs between phones.
    Given the E3D and Nexus S are the only other "good" options right now, I'll pay just about anything for it if it comes out in July, has a good camera, and no other glaring faults!!
    06-21-2011 10:28 PM
    I was commenting on the veracity of the article.
    06-22-2011 10:11 AM
    I'm also hoping the release date for the Within is released soon. I can upgrade in July, so it could be perfect timing...
    06-23-2011 11:13 AM
    Gahh, I really want this phone!! What do you guys think the probability of Sprint releasing it by the end of July?
    06-25-2011 12:48 PM
    Gahh, I really want this phone!! What do you guys think the probability of Sprint releasing it by the end of July?
    I would say 33%. Sprint Q3 road map essentially guarantees the GS2 will be out somewhere between July-September:

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/06/24/s...nt-q3-roadmap/

so either way I'm definitely waiting for it!
    robby.n.payne likes this.
    06-25-2011 05:42 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD