Samsung Within (Galaxy SII) release confirmed for Sprint!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This isn't the iPhone forum, we could care less about what it does. Samsung still gets some of the best sales numbers in Android, and it keeps Android building bigger and bigger as times goes.

I feel like HTC is the general of the android army (started android and had first nexus phone), Samsung is the reinforcements (with their great hardware), Moto is the corrupt leader (locked bootloaders :p), LG is starting to go up the ranks lol, and Sony, Acer, and all the other manufactuers are just sub divisions.

Wow, I'm such a no life haha.

thascourge

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I ran into Jackie Chan in an abandoned warehouse filled with ladders. Jackie Chan told me that the SGS2 was coming out in September. I started arguing with him but he said he didn't want any trouble, and considering our surroundings, I decided to let this one go.

I suggest you all do the same.

mobilebuddha

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I ran into Jackie Chan in an abandoned warehouse filled with ladders. Jackie Chan told me that the SGS2 was coming out in September. I started arguing with him but he said he didn't want any trouble, and considering our surroundings, I decided to let this one go.

I suggest you all do the same.

How do you respond to a post like that? lol.

Shhhhhh

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Like most of you, I was waiting for either the 3D or GSII.

Tell you what, and I'm surprised I'm not reading more of this, I will not be happy if the GSII is any more than $250 after rebates. It should be $200, to compete with the other super phones in the market (not just the iPhone), but I can't argue against a $50 premium for the extra features. I will only pay $250 if it is 4G, too. $300 and I'm getting the 3D. Just can't justify the price difference for similar core specs between phones.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Tell you what, and I'm surprised I'm not reading more of this, I will not be happy if the GSII is any more than $250 after rebates. It should be $200, to compete with the other super phones in the market (not just the iPhone), but I can't argue against a $50 premium for the extra features. I will only pay $250 if it is 4G, too. $300 and I'm getting the 3D. Just can't justify the price difference for similar core specs between phones.

Given the E3D and Nexus S are the only other "good" options right now, I'll pay just about anything for it if it comes out in July, has a good camera, and no other glaring faults!!

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if it's july or september. I'm waiting as well. This may be my white unicorn of phones. I can actually see having this phone for a loooong time.

Reactions: fred1955

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh man! They changed the camera fitting. I'm not sure what to think of that yet, but at first glance I think I prefer the rectangular and horizontal bezel on the original. I don't see a slide out keyboard so that's a relief. I wish they had taken a shot of the front of it, but in scouring over the shot it doesn't like like they physically changed much. Nice to hear it may ship with 2.3.4.

Exciting news!

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but that could also be the epic2 if I'm not mistaken. I think we need a profile pic so we can see the thickness of the phone. The GS2 is unbelievably thin so seeing a profile shot would be solid confirmation. Believe me, nobody wants this phone to come to Sprint ASAP more than me. I'm just being realistic. I've gotten my hopes dashed for this phone enough already with the rumored release dates.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Also, i spoke with otterbox about a case for sprints version of the GS2. They said from what they know the dimensions are the same as the overseas model. They hadn't been given specific spec sheets from Samsung or Sprint, but they haven't been told it would be different in size

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but that could also be the epic2 if I'm not mistaken. I think we need a profile pic so we can see the thickness of the phone. The GS2 is unbelievably thin so seeing a profile shot would be solid confirmation. Believe me, nobody wants this phone to come to Sprint ASAP more than me. I'm just being realistic. I've gotten my hopes dashed for this phone enough already with the rumored release dates.

I'm all for being skeptical at this point, but that battery cover and bulge at the bottom looks an awful lot like the SGSII we've seen countless pictures of. I couldn't imagine them designing the back of the Epic 2, which is supposed to repeat the slide out keyboard, the same as the GS2.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm all for being skeptical at this point, but that battery cover and bulge at the bottom looks an awful lot like the SGSII we've seen countless pictures of. I couldn't imagine them designing the back of the Epic 2, which is supposed to repeat the slide out keyboard, the same as the GS2.

I agree plus no samsung slider has a bulk like that.