Samsung Within (Galaxy SII) release confirmed for Sprint!

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. This is awesome news. Every review I continue to read about the Samsung Galaxy S2 praises this beast as "The Best Smartphone of 2011". No wonder it is selling in the millions in Europe. The specs. are "off-da-charts", and the screen is considered the new standard and better than the iPhone display. Is the Samsung Galaxy S2 the iPhone Killer?

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I so pumped for this phone next month pending this is all true. coming from the palm pre and all of its hardware problems as much as it took this long to get the sgs2 here it gives me more confidence that it has seen time in the market and should be hitting the us at its best!!

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now all we need is confirmation that Sprint did not drastically alter the design of the phone. You guys think it'll have a WiMAX radio and the Exynos processor?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Now all we need is confirmation that Sprint did not drastically alter the design of the phone. You guys think it'll have a WiMAX radio and the Exynos processor?

I personally do. Anything less would be disappointing for many. I'd hope Sprint would know that. I'm still curious though if that leaked photo is indeed Sprint's version of the SGS2 or something else entirely, as discussed HERE. There's still a chance that the US carriers didn't make noticeable changes to the form factor. Maybe it's false hope, but I'd be really happy if they simply slapped the Sprint logo on the back and put their radios in it, unless they somehow actually improved something.

It's great to finally get some word from ANYONE at either Samsung or the US carriers though. Now we just have to wait for the devices to start hitting the FCC and announcements from the carriers.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally would much rather have this than an iphone. it might be a perfect garden from the outside but i dont want to be trapped in there. anything gets sickening after a while.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably not coming to Sprint till September. With the photon coming July 31 Sprint will wait longer than 30 days to release the GS2 so people who bought the photon on release day can't return it

greedo698

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does Sprint have a track record of doing things like that??

I'm not so sure...I mean...how much $$ is the photon compared to the SGS2...maybe half of the consumers look at price and don't know the difference

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Evo 3d was released 6/24. Motorola photon will be released 7/31. I'm guessing the GS2 will be released 9/7. Evo 3d and photon are $200. GS2 will most likely be more. Either $250 or $300. Imho, $300 will be little steep

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Evo 3d was released 6/24. Motorola photon will be released 7/31. I'm guessing the GS2 will be released 9/7. Evo 3d and photon are $200. GS2 will most likely be more. Either $250 or $300. Imho, $300 will be little steep

The only reason why the Epic was more expensive was because of that keyboard. Since the Within doesn't have a keyboard, it should be the same price. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for Sprint to sell their gs2 that doesn't have a keyboard and is similar to the other carrier variants for an extra $50. That would drive away customers.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The only reason why the Epic was more expensive was because of that keyboard. Since the Within doesn't have a keyboard, it should be the same price. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for Sprint to sell their gs2 that doesn't have a keyboard and is similar to the other carrier variants for an extra $50. That would drive away customers.

You may be right. I think this phone will have a premium price on it. The charge on vzw is $300. I know it's Sprint compared to Verizon, but I would think that Samsung has something to say about what the phones sell for. $300 is just a lot now a days for phone, IMHO. I hope it's $200 but my realistic guess is $250