Any news about the Sprint Galaxy S2 Within

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I know I have heard rumors last week somewhere that GS2 within supposed to launch in late July. Is there any proof or truth to that. I really can't wait for this phone.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Any day now would be nice lol I NEED/WANT a new phone. People rip on Sprint but just like any small carrier they are doing there best. They have a pretty good lineup and said that they are commiting to android. I think this time around i will wait after it comes out to see the reviews but it will be hard. I'm ready when you are Sprint!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Any day now would be nice lol I NEED/WANT a new phone. People rip on Sprint but just like any small carrier they are doing there best. They have a pretty good lineup and said that they are commiting to android. I think this time around i will wait after it comes out to see the reviews but it will be hard. I'm ready when you are Sprint!

Yeah, and pretty soon, we're going to have 4 dual core phones: SGS2, Evo 3D, Photon 4G, and Nexus Three!

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I really wish the SGS2 had a qHD display. That is pretty much the only thing that would keep me from jumping on it asap.

Why would you want qhd for? Samsungs screen is much better.... Hell, the regular super amoled has better colors than the qhd display. The super amoled + displays are the best out imo.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want qhd for? Samsungs screen is much better.... Hell, the regular super amoled has better colors than the qhd display. The super amoled + displays are the best out imo.

I want both! Super Amoled screens are beautiful, but qHD is higher res. I am not up for an upgrade until next year anyway, so hopefully super amoled qhd screens show up about that time.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I really wish the SGS2 had a qHD display. That is pretty much the only thing that would keep me from jumping on it asap.

I wish I could post that "Not sure if serious?" pic.

If you are being serious then you might be the only person on this board who feels this way. The SA+ screens look much better than the qHD screens even though they have a lower resolution. Heck, most of the people on the Bionic board would prefer one over the qHD screen. The screen is one of the main reasons I want a S2 over the Bionic.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I assure you that I am not trolling and yes I am being serious. I have yet to see the SGS2 in person and the qHD screen on the atrix was pretty nice. I will say that the screen I saw on the Nexus S seemed a bit over saturated to me. Without seeing them side by side it is hard to compare from straight numbers. It also worries me that most new high end phones seem to be heading towards qHD, and it would be a shame if the SGS2 was prevented from getting some apps because of resolution limitations.

I guess my question is why wouldn't you want higher resolution on your screen?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I assure you that I am not trolling and yes I am being serious. I have yet to see the SGS2 in person and the qHD screen on the atrix was pretty nice. I will say that the screen I saw on the Nexus S seemed a bit over saturated to me. Without seeing them side by side it is hard to compare from straight numbers. It also worries me that most new high end phones seem to be heading towards qHD, and it would be a shame if the SGS2 was prevented from getting some apps because of resolution limitations.

Have you seen the epics screen? It's probably better than any non samsung/iphone display. samsungs super amol screens are the main reason I like their phones.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm anxious to know when the Galaxy S II will be coming to Sprint also. I'm planning to upgrade to a Android phone soon, and I am considering the Nexus S but I'm hesitating due to all the negative comments regarding the weak radio, etc. If the GS II is coming within the next few months to Sprint, I'll hold out until then.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

A higher resolution isn't everything if you want to see what the GS2's screen quality will be like then all you need to do is to go to an AT&T store, and put the Atrix and the infuse 4g next to each other and compare. The Infuse 4g has a SAMOLED plus screen. If you're unsure which you like better then you might be better off making the comparison before making a decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol