07-10-2011 04:21 AM
61 123
tools
    The information i'm getting from Sprint reps and managers is they are being told July 24th. That the info is pretty firm as it stands, unless something happens to make it get delayed.
    orchidsbloom likes this.
    06-16-2011 05:58 PM
    The information i'm getting from Sprint reps and managers is they are being told July 24th. That the info is pretty firm as it stands, unless something happens to make it get delayed.
    what sprint reps, 99% of them don't know what I'm talking about at all.
    06-17-2011 11:11 AM
    what sprint reps, 99% of them don't know what I'm talking about at all.
    I'm not talking Sprint store reps.. I'm talking higher up Sprint reps, ones that travel from store to store with info and some carrying new devices. But just to add I know many store reps who are just as knowledged in this stuff as we are. Guess some cities just don't care who they hire. lol
    06-17-2011 05:42 PM
    does anyone think Samsung just wants to have the community create good ideas that can just be taken for free and added to any of their products. Free R&D?
    Maybe- but it's a win for us either way!
    06-19-2011 01:04 AM
    Maybe- but it's a win for us either way!
    +1 . Just like Palm when the Pre first came out. They looked to the Home-brew Community and implemented feathers and ideas that they came up with. I'm they are compensated. even if it comes later down the line.

I upgrade in August so a July release would be perfect for me .
    06-19-2011 08:11 AM
    does anyone think Samsung just wants to have the community create good ideas that can just be taken for free and added to any of their products. Free R&D?
    Well, that's not all bad. If I have a nice idea but it's too technical for some users, or needs a bit of hackery that might not play well with future updates, then Samsung is doing everyone a favor by picking it up and officially supporting it. If you want to sell the idea, on the other hand, I can see why you'd be upset.
    06-21-2011 11:54 PM
    Well snaps now I am conflicted between this phone and the photon. I know the GS2 will have the better gpu but nvidea supports game devs better. I'm just gonna have to wait for reviews on both phones before I decide.
    06-22-2011 10:01 AM
    Well snaps now I am conflicted between this phone and the photon. I know the GS2 will have the better gpu but nvidea supports game devs better. I'm just gonna have to wait for reviews on both phones before I decide.
    What puts the icing on the cake for me is that Super AMOLED + display. It just looks amazing, and is the closest thing I have seen to iPhone 4 quality in terms of colors, blacks and viewing angles. Yeah I'm not a fan of the iPhone 4, but the screen on that device is pretty amazing. I a want a screen with more to it, I can't stand washed out TFT LCD's or SLCD's anymore. Not only does the screen for me make my decision, but it runs so much more efficiently then the SLCD and conserves more battery.
    06-22-2011 03:37 PM
    What puts the icing on the cake for me is that Super AMOLED + display. It just looks amazing, and is the closest thing I have seen to iPhone 4 quality in terms of colors, blacks and viewing angles. Yeah I'm not a fan of the iPhone 4, but the screen on that device is pretty amazing. I a want a screen with more to it, I can't stand washed out TFT LCD's or SLCD's anymore. Not only does the screen for me make my decision, but it runs so much more efficiently then the SLCD and conserves more battery.
    I know, I went to a verizon store and saw the droid charge. When I first picked it up, I thought it was a dummy unit with a fake screen but then I realized that that was just how great the colors are on that screen.
    splmonster likes this.
    06-22-2011 09:23 PM
    Thanks for posting that. If it really comes out sometime in July, I can definitely wait for it instead of going for an Evo 3D!
    06-23-2011 11:25 AM
    Looking forward to an official announcement from Sprint. This phone and possibly the HTC 3D are the only two devices keeping me from finally breaking down and buying an iPhone.
    06-23-2011 06:58 PM
    I checked out the display on a Samsung Infuse which has the same screen res as the forthcoming Within and I was blown away! And if it's as thin as the Infuse, I will no longer have folks staring at my crotch, wondering if I'm really that endowed!
    06-27-2011 07:54 AM
    I checked out the display on a Samsung Infuse which has the same screen res as the forthcoming Within and I was blown away! And if it's as thin as the Infuse, I will no longer have folks staring at my crotch, wondering if I'm really that endowed!
    The GS2 currently is the thinnest and lightest smartphone at that size on the market. It even beat out the iPhone 4 in those departments.
    06-27-2011 02:39 PM
    And if it's as thin as the Infuse, I will no longer have folks staring at my crotch, wondering if I'm really that endowed!
    If you're phone is bigger than you are down there, you've got problems, son.
    06-27-2011 04:53 PM
    Does today's news mean there is no July launch for the GS2? Or does it mean that Sams Club is not getting it 7/24?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sams-c...onquer-july-24
    07-06-2011 09:56 AM
    I hope not, I was really hoping to get rid of my E3D for the GSII. Who knows I guess we will see soon.
    07-06-2011 10:16 AM
    I dont see how the Within could be release in July. Consider this.... Sprint offers the 30 day return policy on phones. Imagine how many people that bought evo3d's in the first week of release would come in to return the 3d for the Within. Sprint couldnt be happy taking back a bunch of perfectly good phones, that are now unsellable as brand new.

wouldn't a July 24th relase of the Within means that anybody that purchased a Evo3d even on launch day could come exchange it ? I would think that Sprint would want at least a 45 day buffer between release on new flagship phones
    07-06-2011 10:42 AM
    I think you're right 632627...

I spent some time trying to piece together the different articles & from what I can tell, the July 24th date is that people were speculating that the "Full Touch 4g Device from Samsung" will naturally be the Within.

Now it looks like it is the Samsung Conquer (which lines up with the 350 price tab before MIR).

The interesting part is that the Photon did appear in the Sams Club rumor with a July date.

That would be in the same high end device category as the GS2, so we may be looking at a September launch.
    07-06-2011 11:51 AM
    Does today's news mean there is no July launch for the GS2? Or does it mean that Sams Club is not getting it 7/24?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sams-c...onquer-july-24
    Yeah I'm starting to think that the 7/24 info Sprint reps were getting was on the Conquer, not the GS2. Maybe the Sprint store guys heard "Samsung" and immediately assumed "GS2". I don't know what past precedent is, but I don't see carriers releasing two devices from the same manufacturer on the same date. Then again the two devices are on different tiers.

I'd be happy about it but my hopes aren't high for a 7/24 GS2 release anymore. If it comes, great. If not, I won't be disappointed. I have my sights set on August or early September now.
    07-06-2011 11:58 AM
    Well i just got back from Sprint Corporate strore and they assured me about a July 24th release date!! Waiting for an official announcement any day now...
    07-06-2011 09:10 PM
    Well i just got back from Sprint Corporate strore and they assured me about a July 24th release date!! Waiting for an official announcement any day now...
    On which phone?
    07-06-2011 10:25 PM
    On which phone?
    I went to a corporate store as well... yesterday evening. The guy knew half of what he was talking about, and said that the phone would be released in July... but then he said something that made sense... the Epic was released in August of last year...August 31st... so it only makes sense for the Withn to be released in August also. Photon is due out for July 24th.

One thing is for sure, has anyone seen any listings in the FCC for G2 with 4g or even CDMA requencies?

Epic got pushed through 2 months before its release...
    07-07-2011 01:26 AM
    In September, Samsung is bumping up the speed of the galaxy s II to 1.4ghz to compete with the iphone. I wouldnt doubt if America got that version of the phone. It is pretty ridiculous though, as the sII has been out in europe since April...
    07-07-2011 01:31 AM
    I am hoping for a July release since my birthday is coming up... but since we haven't heard many rumors, I am beginning to doubt it now.

BTW maybe we should just wait for a 2ghz dual core Samsung...
    Samsung promises a dual-core 2GHz smartphone 'by next year' -- Engadget
    07-07-2011 07:51 AM
    Still makes me wonder how detailed their information is. It could be that they're being told something along the lines of "a Samsung phone is releasing for Sprint on July 24th" and assume it's the GS2, when actually it's the Conquer, which really didn't have any press until very recently (the slip up on the Samsung website followed later by an unofficial release date).

I've resigned myself to being skeptical of any information until it clears the FCC and we get an official announcement.
    07-07-2011 10:58 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD