07-10-2011 04:21 AM
61 123
tools
    In September, Samsung is bumping up the speed of the galaxy s II to 1.4ghz to compete with the iphone. I wouldnt doubt if America got that version of the phone. It is pretty ridiculous though, as the sII has been out in europe since April...
    I would prefer to wait a bit longer if it means Sprint will get a newer version of the GS2.
    07-07-2011 11:10 AM
    This is not looking good for a summer release. I may end up going with the nexus. Who knows when it will be released.
    07-07-2011 05:24 PM
    wow, i just read from page 1, and was then read all the way to page 6 and now i'm

i want to upgrade to this phone so bad.
    07-07-2011 06:15 PM
    wow, i just read from page 1, and was then read all the way to page 6 and now i'm

i want to upgrade to this phone so bad.
    I just went to the Sprint store to return my Motorola XPRt and get my $432.84 back to get an Epic 4G for $180 on Craiglist, and the store rep told me that the Galaxy 2 will be out this month. When I asked when he just smiled and said "this month" then his manager came and I asked him the same question and he said too " Like he said this month, we cant say anything more than that corporate wont allow us to". That is sweet news!
    07-08-2011 11:35 AM
    I just went to the Sprint store to return my Motorola XPRt and get my $432.84 back to get an Epic 4G for $180 on Craiglist, and the store rep told me that the Galaxy 2 will be out this month. When I asked when he just smiled and said "this month" then his manager came and I asked him the same question and he said too " Like he said this month, we cant say anything more than that corporate wont allow us to". That is sweet news!
    If all these Sprint rep leaks are right, there must be a serious competitive reason for Samsung and Sprint to keep things very close to the vest, essentially waiting until the last minute to announce anything. All I can guess is it has something to do with Apple and the lawsuits. Or, the other less likely theory I have is Sprint doesn't want a GS2 announcement to effect EVO 3D sales and potentially open the door for a flood of 30 day returns. The EVO 3D is obviously a great device, but I'd imagine there are a decent number of informed phone owners who would jump at the chance to swap for a GS2, even if that means activating that old Treo 700w for a couple of weeks (yeah I went there).

I do hope all of these Sprint reps who have hinted at a July release are right, but I'm still skeptical.
    07-08-2011 01:01 PM
    If all these Sprint rep leaks are right, there must be a serious competitive reason for Samsung and Sprint to keep things very close to the vest, essentially waiting until the last minute to announce anything. All I can guess is it has something to do with Apple and the lawsuits. Or, the other less likely theory I have is Sprint doesn't want a GS2 announcement to effect EVO 3D sales and potentially open the door for a flood of 30 day returns. The EVO 3D is obviously a great device, but I'd imagine there are a decent number of informed phone owners who would jump at the chance to swap for a GS2, even if that means activating that old Treo 700w for a couple of weeks (yeah I went there).

I do hope all of these Sprint reps who have hinted at a July release are right, but I'm still skeptical.
    I don't really care when the GS2 gets released cuz my upgrade is in December. That means I will get a chance to see how the Evo 3D, Within, Photon, and possibly the Nexus 3 do in the next couple of months. And I thought my upgrade was in a bad time frame.
    Probably for me, my next phone upgrade is going to be a toss-up between the Within and the Nexus 3, maybe the Evo 3D
    07-08-2011 02:36 PM
    Still don't believe it. Still too quiet. We would have heard something by now. It still has to go through the FCC.
    07-08-2011 02:52 PM
    The reps don't know anything. Don't you think that if the reps had a clue everyone else would know? It would be impossible to keep it a secret if hundreds upon hundreds of reps are in the loop.
    07-08-2011 03:23 PM
    now i'm again! i hope this is true.
    07-09-2011 02:14 AM
    Or maybe it will launch with little to no hype or fanfare. I know people at Sprint who are playing with the Moto, but they don't have any word regarding the Within. Who knows, but I do know that I want to upgrade my Evo. The 3D didn't move me. This will more than likely be my next phone assuming something else more compelling doesn't get announced before it's released ...
    07-09-2011 06:05 PM
    I can see it coming in August like the original GS. The late july rumor might be just an announcement date for a late Aug release. Well see. No fingers crossed here as I suspect GSII wont be on sprint in July but more of late aug or early sept.
    07-10-2011 04:21 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD