Rumor of the July 24th?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The fact that Samsung gave CM a phone because they want them to work on a ROM for it was the clincher for me. It should be done by the time we see the S2 here I would think. Its a no brainer then.

Yeah agreed! Samsung is really wanting to support our homebrew community and I like that. They have taken recognition to a very solid developer in our community. I will be getting this device for sure. Still as every single device I love and buy, it always has things I don't like as much as I would want to. Two things for me! At least using stock ROM, I don't really like the choice in lock screen. Seems basic to me with little thought. Nice thing is that is easily changed for me with Widget Locker. ;) The other thing for me is build quality, by no means is this thing terrible but I wouldn't call it no tank either. Otherwise I can't wait to get my hands on the Within. I have already had extensive time with the GSM unlocked one and love the thing.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
does anyone think Samsung just wants to have the community create good ideas that can just be taken for free and added to any of their products. Free R&D?

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I really have little hope that this will come out in July. It hasn't even been announced yet and history shows that Samsung doesn't announce stuff and release really fast.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The information i'm getting from Sprint reps and managers is they are being told July 24th. That the info is pretty firm as it stands, unless something happens to make it get delayed.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The information i'm getting from Sprint reps and managers is they are being told July 24th. That the info is pretty firm as it stands, unless something happens to make it get delayed.

what sprint reps, 99% of them don't know what I'm talking about at all.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
what sprint reps, 99% of them don't know what I'm talking about at all.

I'm not talking Sprint store reps.. I'm talking higher up Sprint reps, ones that travel from store to store with info and some carrying new devices. But just to add I know many store reps who are just as knowledged in this stuff as we are. Guess some cities just don't care who they hire. lol

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe- but it's a win for us either way!

+1 . Just like Palm when the Pre first came out. They looked to the Home-brew Community and implemented feathers and ideas that they came up with. I'm they are compensated. even if it comes later down the line.

I upgrade in August so a July release would be perfect for me .

mpnalvin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
does anyone think Samsung just wants to have the community create good ideas that can just be taken for free and added to any of their products. Free R&D?

Well, that's not all bad. If I have a nice idea but it's too technical for some users, or needs a bit of hackery that might not play well with future updates, then Samsung is doing everyone a favor by picking it up and officially supporting it. If you want to sell the idea, on the other hand, I can see why you'd be upset.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Well snaps now I am conflicted between this phone and the photon. I know the GS2 will have the better gpu but nvidea supports game devs better. I'm just gonna have to wait for reviews on both phones before I decide.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well snaps now I am conflicted between this phone and the photon. I know the GS2 will have the better gpu but nvidea supports game devs better. I'm just gonna have to wait for reviews on both phones before I decide.

What puts the icing on the cake for me is that Super AMOLED + display. It just looks amazing, and is the closest thing I have seen to iPhone 4 quality in terms of colors, blacks and viewing angles. Yeah I'm not a fan of the iPhone 4, but the screen on that device is pretty amazing. I a want a screen with more to it, I can't stand washed out TFT LCD's or SLCD's anymore. Not only does the screen for me make my decision, but it runs so much more efficiently then the SLCD and conserves more battery.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What puts the icing on the cake for me is that Super AMOLED + display. It just looks amazing, and is the closest thing I have seen to iPhone 4 quality in terms of colors, blacks and viewing angles. Yeah I'm not a fan of the iPhone 4, but the screen on that device is pretty amazing. I a want a screen with more to it, I can't stand washed out TFT LCD's or SLCD's anymore. Not only does the screen for me make my decision, but it runs so much more efficiently then the SLCD and conserves more battery.

I know, I went to a verizon store and saw the droid charge. When I first picked it up, I thought it was a dummy unit with a fake screen but then I realized that that was just how great the colors are on that screen.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to an official announcement from Sprint. This phone and possibly the HTC 3D are the only two devices keeping me from finally breaking down and buying an iPhone.

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked out the display on a Samsung Infuse which has the same screen res as the forthcoming Within and I was blown away! And if it's as thin as the Infuse, I will no longer have folks staring at my crotch, wondering if I'm really that endowed! :D

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the display on a Samsung Infuse which has the same screen res as the forthcoming Within and I was blown away! And if it's as thin as the Infuse, I will no longer have folks staring at my crotch, wondering if I'm really that endowed! :D

The GS2 currently is the thinnest and lightest smartphone at that size on the market. It even beat out the iPhone 4 in those departments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma