Rumor of the July 24th?

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I dont see how the Within could be release in July. Consider this.... Sprint offers the 30 day return policy on phones. Imagine how many people that bought evo3d's in the first week of release would come in to return the 3d for the Within. Sprint couldnt be happy taking back a bunch of perfectly good phones, that are now unsellable as brand new.

wouldn't a July 24th relase of the Within means that anybody that purchased a Evo3d even on launch day could come exchange it ? I would think that Sprint would want at least a 45 day buffer between release on new flagship phones

smd4usc

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I think you're right 632627...

I spent some time trying to piece together the different articles & from what I can tell, the July 24th date is that people were speculating that the "Full Touch 4g Device from Samsung" will naturally be the Within.

Now it looks like it is the Samsung Conquer (which lines up with the 350 price tab before MIR).

The interesting part is that the Photon did appear in the Sams Club rumor with a July date.

That would be in the same high end device category as the GS2, so we may be looking at a September launch.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does today's news mean there is no July launch for the GS2? Or does it mean that Sams Club is not getting it 7/24?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sams-club-looking-get-samsung-conquer-july-24

Yeah I'm starting to think that the 7/24 info Sprint reps were getting was on the Conquer, not the GS2. Maybe the Sprint store guys heard "Samsung" and immediately assumed "GS2". I don't know what past precedent is, but I don't see carriers releasing two devices from the same manufacturer on the same date. Then again the two devices are on different tiers.

I'd be happy about it but my hopes aren't high for a 7/24 GS2 release anymore. If it comes, great. If not, I won't be disappointed. I have my sights set on August or early September now.

mpaxeman

Jun 12, 2010
www.mjparada.com
Well i just got back from Sprint Corporate strore and they assured me about a July 24th release date!! Waiting for an official announcement any day now...:)

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On which phone?

I went to a corporate store as well... yesterday evening. The guy knew half of what he was talking about, and said that the phone would be released in July... but then he said something that made sense... the Epic was released in August of last year...August 31st... so it only makes sense for the Withn to be released in August also. Photon is due out for July 24th.

One thing is for sure, has anyone seen any listings in the FCC for G2 with 4g or even CDMA requencies?

Epic got pushed through 2 months before its release...

Last edited:

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
In September, Samsung is bumping up the speed of the galaxy s II to 1.4ghz to compete with the iphone. I wouldnt doubt if America got that version of the phone. It is pretty ridiculous though, as the sII has been out in europe since April...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well i just got back from Sprint Corporate strore and they assured me about a July 24th release date!! Waiting for an official announcement any day now...:)

Still makes me wonder how detailed their information is. It could be that they're being told something along the lines of "a Samsung phone is releasing for Sprint on July 24th" and assume it's the GS2, when actually it's the Conquer, which really didn't have any press until very recently (the slip up on the Samsung website followed later by an unofficial release date).

I've resigned myself to being skeptical of any information until it clears the FCC and we get an official announcement.

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
In September, Samsung is bumping up the speed of the galaxy s II to 1.4ghz to compete with the iphone. I wouldnt doubt if America got that version of the phone. It is pretty ridiculous though, as the sII has been out in europe since April...
I would prefer to wait a bit longer if it means Sprint will get a newer version of the GS2.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
wow, i just read from page 1, and was :) then read all the way to page 6 and now i'm :'(

i want to upgrade to this phone so bad.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
wow, i just read from page 1, and was :) then read all the way to page 6 and now i'm :'(

i want to upgrade to this phone so bad.

I just went to the Sprint store to return my Motorola XPRt and get my $432.84 back to get an Epic 4G for $180 on Craiglist, and the store rep told me that the Galaxy 2 will be out this month. When I asked when he just smiled and said "this month" then his manager came and I asked him the same question and he said too " Like he said this month, we cant say anything more than that corporate wont allow us to". That is sweet news!:cool:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just went to the Sprint store to return my Motorola XPRt and get my $432.84 back to get an Epic 4G for $180 on Craiglist, and the store rep told me that the Galaxy 2 will be out this month. When I asked when he just smiled and said "this month" then his manager came and I asked him the same question and he said too " Like he said this month, we cant say anything more than that corporate wont allow us to". That is sweet news!:cool:

If all these Sprint rep leaks are right, there must be a serious competitive reason for Samsung and Sprint to keep things very close to the vest, essentially waiting until the last minute to announce anything. All I can guess is it has something to do with Apple and the lawsuits. Or, the other less likely theory I have is Sprint doesn't want a GS2 announcement to effect EVO 3D sales and potentially open the door for a flood of 30 day returns. The EVO 3D is obviously a great device, but I'd imagine there are a decent number of informed phone owners who would jump at the chance to swap for a GS2, even if that means activating that old Treo 700w for a couple of weeks (yeah I went there).

I do hope all of these Sprint reps who have hinted at a July release are right, but I'm still skeptical.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If all these Sprint rep leaks are right, there must be a serious competitive reason for Samsung and Sprint to keep things very close to the vest, essentially waiting until the last minute to announce anything. All I can guess is it has something to do with Apple and the lawsuits. Or, the other less likely theory I have is Sprint doesn't want a GS2 announcement to effect EVO 3D sales and potentially open the door for a flood of 30 day returns. The EVO 3D is obviously a great device, but I'd imagine there are a decent number of informed phone owners who would jump at the chance to swap for a GS2, even if that means activating that old Treo 700w for a couple of weeks (yeah I went there).

I do hope all of these Sprint reps who have hinted at a July release are right, but I'm still skeptical.

I don't really care when the GS2 gets released cuz my upgrade is in December. That means I will get a chance to see how the Evo 3D, Within, Photon, and possibly the Nexus 3 do in the next couple of months. And I thought my upgrade was in a bad time frame. :-$
Probably for me, my next phone upgrade is going to be a toss-up between the Within and the Nexus 3, maybe the Evo 3D

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Still don't believe it. Still too quiet. We would have heard something by now. It still has to go through the FCC.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

The reps don't know anything. Don't you think that if the reps had a clue everyone else would know? It would be impossible to keep it a secret if hundreds upon hundreds of reps are in the loop.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

now i'm :D again! i hope this is true.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Or maybe it will launch with little to no hype or fanfare. I know people at Sprint who are playing with the Moto, but they don't have any word regarding the Within. Who knows, but I do know that I want to upgrade my Evo. The 3D didn't move me. This will more than likely be my next phone assuming something else more compelling doesn't get announced before it's released ...