Anyone know or heard of Sprints version of the S2 having 4G?
    06-23-2011 10:21 PM
    We don't even know if its coming for sure and your asking about 4g

haha
    06-23-2011 10:27 PM

haha
    Well we do know that it is coming, it's called the Within and was confirmed by reps at Samsung. Release date? 4G? Those are things we do not know. We should know when the beginning of July hits. Once it passes through the FCC we can be more clear.
    DroidATX likes this.
    06-24-2011 12:46 AM
    It will have Wimax. Count on it. Silly to think otherwise.
    06-24-2011 12:28 PM
    Anyone know or heard of Sprints version of the S2 having 4G?

The Galaxy S had it but the Galaxy S2 wont? Really?
    06-24-2011 12:46 PM
    Sprint's Q3 roadmap, summarized on this site's news today said ...

"Next up, a full-touch 4G device from Samsung -- details here are lacking but given that the Samsung Within aka Samsung Galaxy S II fits this description nicely it'd come as now surprise if that's exactly what it was when it gets an official announcement."

Given this and the comments above, I'd say it's almost a sure thing that it'll be 4G.
    DroidATX likes this.
    06-24-2011 01:33 PM

haha
    Research before you respond.....hahaha!
    06-24-2011 03:51 PM
    Looks to be 4G yes...

Enjoy

Exclusive: Sprint’s Q3 roadmap includes Epic 2, Samsung ‘full touch 4G’ device, BlackBerry Bold Touch, and more | This is my next...

If QWERTY isn’t your thing, though, we’re also hearing about a “full touch 4G” device from Samsung. No details on this one, but considering the persistent (and very believable) rumors that Sprint’s gearing up to launch the S II as the Galaxy Within, I’d imagine that’s exactly what this is.
    06-25-2011 12:54 AM
    It will have Wimax. Count on it. Silly to think otherwise.
    without 4G it would be a total deal breaker.
    07-06-2011 11:15 PM
    It would only make sense that the Within would have 4G but to be realistic- my Epic has 4G and I can barely use it due to poor coverage. I am usually stuck surfing on the go with regular 3g. I bet most of the nation is in the same boat.

I prefer to log into my home's Wifi...
    07-07-2011 07:48 AM
    It would only make sense that the Within would have 4G but to be realistic- my Epic has 4G and I cain barely use it due to poor coverage. I am usually stuck surfing on the go with regular 3g. I bet most of the nation is in the same boat.

I get full bars of 4g at work, and check into wifi at home. I tell you what 4g is very fast!...
    07-07-2011 08:55 PM
    i remember reading a post somewhere and somebody said Within=Wi(max)Thin.

even if that wasnt the case, i cant imagine sprint would release this phone without 4g, and maybe that is one of the reasons its taking so long.
    07-08-2011 01:27 PM
    i remember reading a post somewhere and somebody said Within=Wi(max)Thin.

even if that wasnt the case, i cant imagine sprint would release this phone without 4g, and maybe that is one of the reasons its taking so long.
    That's clever haha. But I can't imagine why Sprint wouldn't put wimax in this phone, considering that the average consumer are like: 4G is good!!!

Me, personally, don't care enough about 4G yet until it gets nationwide, not in little pockets of the U.S.
    btc0526 likes this.
    07-08-2011 02:33 PM
    Even though I don't use all the horse power in my BMW 100% of the time, I like to push the gas when I safely can. That's the way I feel about 4g service and this phone has to have it or I will feel like I will be going backwards technologically.
    07-10-2011 07:10 PM
    07-15-2011 08:14 AM
    This link reports Samsung Galaxy SII will come to Sprint during Q3, 2011 (July - September)

AndroidSPIN AS Exclusive: Sprint Source Confirms Late July Release for the Samsung Within (Galaxy S 2)
    07-15-2011 08:25 AM
    That's clever haha. But I can't imagine why Sprint wouldn't put wimax in this phone, considering that the average consumer are like: 4G is good!!!

Me, personally, don't care enough about 4G yet until it gets nationwide, not in little pockets of the U.S.
    i def. agree with you about 4g. i live near boston so i might get to use it and from what ive been told its pretty amazing. but if we are getting hit for an extra 10 bucks to activate a new phone because of 4g then i want a phone that can use it if and when i get in a area that has it.
    07-15-2011 11:38 AM
    Those specs are for the GSM model, and those are conspicuous in missing any mention of LTE. Someone argued that the SGS2 doesn't have room for another radio. All just conjecture at this point.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    07-15-2011 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD