07-15-2011 01:21 AM
41 12
tools
    Did you check out your network service provider or the place where you were using it? Using it at a different place might help.
    07-11-2011 08:21 AM
    I've called Sprint twice and each time they have had me power off the phone, they've spent five minutes resetting it or whatever, and each time it's made zero difference. I'd exchange it - could one phone's signal be better than another's? But if I do and it still doesn't work -- do I still retain my right to return it -- if it's within the 30 days?
    07-11-2011 10:25 AM
    I've called Sprint twice and each time they have had me power off the phone, they've spent five minutes resetting it or whatever, and each time it's made zero difference. I'd exchange it - could one phone's signal be better than another's? But if I do and it still doesn't work -- do I still retain my right to return it -- if it's within the 30 days?
    There have been report in xda that resetting your data will help fix data issues. So to answer your question, yes another phone can be better as long as it provisioned properly.

Resetting data require you have your MSL code which they probably gave you already when they helped you reset your phone. Did they have you type ## (6 digit msl) # on you phone? If you have that code then follow this thread. Otherwise exchange it for another.

Data reset a must - xda-developers
    07-11-2011 03:08 PM
    There have been report in xda that resetting your data will help fix data issues. So to answer your question, yes another phone can be better as long as it provisioned properly.

Resetting data require you have your MSL code which they probably gave you already when they helped you reset your phone. Did they have you type ## (6 digit msl) # on you phone? If you have that code then follow this thread. Otherwise exchange it for another.

The data reset didn't do squat for mine. Nor did Sprint re-provisioning it or the repair center striping and re-loading the software.

When I use WFI it flies.

Overall, the phone signal stinks, I drop or can't make calls, the 3g is useless, I just love the green flash images for work and the rear speaker which I can't hear if the phone is ringing or I have GPS on (both in the car) is darn near useless.
    07-11-2011 05:05 PM

It's tough. It appears there are many users that have similar issues to me with the 3D. I have a friend who has one and said he never had a problem. I go to check out his phone (with LP pro) and it has a force close message. I just don't know. I think that HTC should have put a bit more polish on it. I'm sure after a few updates it will be much better but; who wants a phone that's half crapped out of the box? Not me.

As for GS2, I can't wait. I love the fact CM was given one by Sammy, makes you think that something good will be brewed for that in the near future. Whether it's now, August, or December; I'll wait for something as great as the GS2. Here's to hoping its the now versus later part
    07-11-2011 05:05 PM
    Hmm thats interesting.. My findings were always the opposite. My htc evo, and evo 3d always got better signal,and had a much stronger wifi radio than my nexus ever did.. At this point, I just think samsung is taking to long to release the device in the states, lawsuit or not. Also if it ships with the tegra chip set, then you can forget about all the hype surrounding the device. With the photon coming probably in aug, the gs2 probably wont make an appearance until october or later. That just doesnt seem worth the wait to me, considering other capable stuff will be around the corner.

I dont know, mixed emotions on the device, but still looking forward to us carrying it....
    07-12-2011 12:11 AM
    Hmm thats interesting.. My findings were always the opposite. My htc evo, and evo 3d always got better signal,and had a much stronger wifi radio than my nexus ever did.. At this point, I just think samsung is taking to long to release the device in the states, lawsuit or not. Also if it ships with the tegra chip set, then you can forget about all the hype surrounding the device. With the photon coming probably in aug, the gs2 probably wont make an appearance until october or later. That just doesnt seem worth the wait to me, considering other capable stuff will be around the corner.

I dont know, mixed emotions on the device, but still looking forward to us carrying it....
    Very True! I think you just made my decision easier. I dont think the Galaxy S2 will ship with the tegra processor but I dont think it will be coming till at least November. The photon is coming out and all 3 of those blackberries. And maybe even the iphone. The Galaxy S2 has to be approved by the FCC and the process should take at least until November at the earliest.
    07-12-2011 09:20 AM
    For all of you returning you HTC EVO 3Ds. Do you think the Samsung Galaxy SII has no issues/problems? I would like to get a Galaxy SII as well, but it has it's share of issues/problems and I'm not sure if I want to deal with them.

Samsung Galaxy SII Issues
    07-12-2011 10:22 AM
    For all of you returning you HTC EVO 3Ds. Do you think the Samsung Galaxy SII has no issues/problems? I would like to get a Galaxy SII as well, but it has it's share of issues/problems and I'm not sure if I want to deal with them.

Samsung Galaxy SII Issues
    Thanks for being devil's advocate, but anyone could dig up 100 forum links for issues with the EVO 3D as well.

My wife's 3D is being returned simply because the 3D does not interest her as much as she thought it would and the GS2 is just absolutely trouncing it in reviews and benchmarks. She won't mind giving up a few pixels for the SAMOLED+ screen. Who cares if it doesn't reproduce colors with scientific accuracy..being able to read text in direct sunlight is more important to her.
    07-12-2011 06:46 PM
    Thanks for being devil's advocate, but anyone could dig up 100 forum links for issues with the EVO 3D as well.

My wife's 3D is being returned simply because the 3D does not interest her as much as she thought it would and the GS2 is just absolutely trouncing it in reviews and benchmarks. She won't mind giving up a few pixels for the SAMOLED+ screen. Who cares if it doesn't reproduce colors with scientific accuracy..being able to read text in direct sunlight is more important to her.
    Yes, it does trounce all phones in the reviews and benchmarks, but those links are real life issues/problems that you don't hear about in the reviews.
    07-12-2011 07:20 PM
    Yes, it does trounce all phones in the reviews and benchmarks, but those links are real life issues/problems that you don't hear about in the reviews.
    Those issues you listed seem to be software related, and non of them is stupid like the lens cover on the dual camera being put on upside down, or that the phone was put together by a blind man ( non centered screen ) or how dust collects under the screen. Those can never be fixed unless you swap phones which will probably have other build quality problems too.

The quality control department in htc is horrible for letting some of those very visually obvious things pass through.
    07-12-2011 10:26 PM
    Yeah, I posted some thoughts in a thread there concerning performance issues and people did not like it. I knew there would be other people in a similar circumstance to me who contemplated the 3D or wait for the GSII. My goal was more intelligent discussion instead of my future children having their lives threatened. Main reason I posted here.
    Thank u i plan to wait for GSII now after reading your post
    07-14-2011 12:22 AM
    Very True! I think you just made my decision easier. I dont think the Galaxy S2 will ship with the tegra processor but I dont think it will be coming till at least November. The photon is coming out and all 3 of those blackberries. And maybe even the iphone. The Galaxy S2 has to be approved by the FCC and the process should take at least until November at the earliest.
    Well Canada is releasing it on July 21st, so don't expect the US to be much further behind. Your prediction on release date is way off. Sprint already rumored a Samsung 4G touch device that was 4.3in. It will be a GS2 variant of some sort. The lawsuit won't slow anything. Remember that most phones that get approved by the FCC are usually released no later then a few weeks after that. It will not have a Tegra 2, it will be the Exynos chip.

For those praising the EVO 3D... By all benchmarks, and I mean all! Not just Quadrant, the EVO 3D was the slowest dual-core device out of all of them currently available. I agree you can find just as many forum links to EVO 3D issues. Plus for the 3D gave me a splitting headache every single time. So it was a gimmick to me. It won't catch on, just like it hasn't for TV's. EVO 3D has many other problems to go with it. Yet so do all devices out there, but fact right now is? The GS2 is the best and fastest dual-core on the market currently. This has been shown in all benchmarks. From my hands-on testing, is was miles smoother and handled many operations much better then the EVO 3D did. Plus for me I want a decent camera on the phone. The EVO 3D performed even poorer then the EVO 4G in many situations. In my book that is just not acceptable. Just my 2 cents.. I think the EVO 3D is a disappointment.
    07-14-2011 01:05 AM
    My Sprint store talked me out of getting the 3D, saying that all their own store employees that got one had returned them because of poor signal. They think it's an antenna placement problem, and can't be fixed with software.
    07-14-2011 10:16 AM
    I've love my EVO 4G, but since the last couple of updates my signal has gotten really weak. And we have 3 EVO's in the house that see the same deterioration. Either the software updates have weakened it, or the Sprint tower has gotten weaker. Since the BB Curve in my home doesn't see the signal issues I'm betting software update. My point is that it is upgrade time for me, and I'm looking hard at either the Moto Photon or Sammy GS2. With the Moto getting released in just two more weeks, I just don't know if I want to wait for an unknown release date phone. I'm hoping the SG2 gets an official announcement soon!
    07-14-2011 09:24 PM
    benchmarks are useless with dual core phones, they all perform pretty well for daily use. running games are a breeze on all of them (for games that run). the features though are what count, super amoled +, 3D, kick stand, camera, etc.
    07-15-2011 01:21 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD