Maybe no July Release After all

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I found this tidbit of news posted today ...

Samsung Galaxy S2 Launch Delayed for Verizon

Of particular interest to me was ...

American consumers already patiently waiting for the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy S2 may be forced to sit on their cash a little while longer, as latest reports suggest the Verizon Wireless launch will now take place in August.

Followed by ...

While Verizon is all but confirmed as the first carrier to be receiving the new Galaxy, AT&T and Sprint are also to receive their own carrier-specific models named the Attain and the Within respectively.

I wonder how accurate the second quote is. From previous reports I had read, the impression I got was that Sprint was going to be the first carrier to get the phone. If the above is true, I'm gonna be a sad panda.

goitsme48

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Maybe no July Release Afterall

*** deleted ***

Followed by ...

I wonder how accurate the second quote is. From previous reports I had read, the impression I got was that Sprint was going to be the first carrier to get the phone. If the above is true, I'm gonna be a sad panda.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Followed by ...

Has zero to do with Sprint, they are both different companies. My sources continue to say if it doesn't hit late July, then it will in early August and that it would only be pushed back for issues with the device. That author is way late to the party, he took old news and made a article today? Personally don't think he knows anything himself, but is just going by old news.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Has zero to do with Sprint, they are both different companies. My sources continue to say if it doesn't hit late July, then it will in early August and that it would only be pushed back for issues with the device. That author is way late to the party, he took old news and made a article today? Personally don't think he knows anything himself, but is just going by old news.

That's encouraging. Funny how I can get all wound up about a little device. I hope I'm not alone. Anyhoo ... thanks for some perspective. I think I'm going to stop searching for news and just wait for an official announcement.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
That's encouraging. Funny how I can get all wound up about a little device. I hope I'm not alone. Anyhoo ... thanks for some perspective. I think I'm going to stop searching for news and just wait for an official announcement.

Yeah I mean on a device that I specifically am going after, I always just stop looking for answers. The time seems to go by faster. Once it passes through the FCC, then we can determine when it may drop.