Car charger for the S3?

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got my S3 and wondering what the power limit is for a car charger. I've got a Motorola charger that I've used with the Epic 4G and want to avoid over or under powering the S3.
Ken

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Can I assume that whatever charger I use will probably be OK? Based on the number of views this post has and no response, it seems that it's probably not a big deal, right?
Ken

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
No worry, just want to use an appropriate power source. I could not find the Samsung spec, but will search for 'oem Samsung charger', thanks.
Ken

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
If you have your SIII, isn't there power specs on the wall wart that came with it? Should say something like Output 5v -- 1A or Output 5V -- 700mA or something. Find a car charger with nearly the same spec.

Reactions: kgilbertsen

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If you have your SIII, isn't there power specs on the wall wart that came with it? Should say something like Output 5v -- 1A or Output 5V -- 700mA or something. Find a car charger with nearly the same spec.

Duh! Good point :-[ I hadn't taken that piece out of the box - just the USB cord. My old eyes will need a magnifying glass to read it though. I think it's 1 amp, which is the output of my current car charger. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome