[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just watched qbkings latest cm10 video on YouTube and man was it looking sweet. Seemed really fast and looked as if it's basically almost fully stable.

When I rooted my phone no one told me how hard it was going to be choosing roms.

Tried team Sonics rom at first. Fell in love at first sight.

Then I flashed my side chick. Wicked Sensation. She has a lot of perks too. Love her battery life and she is absolutely gorgeous.

Now I see what I believe to be is my dream girl... CM10 Not sure if I am flashing her yet but she is a looker.

Which rom are you all currently running? It's so hard to choose just one

I'm on the Wicked Sensations ROM, which I is my favorite so far.

Running CM10 on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, and it's really nice. Not usually a fan of it on my phones, though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Running Wicked Sensations.
Yeah everyone needs to run CM at least once. To me there's nothing more boring. Didn't have much choice coming from the nexus s. As everything was pure Google and you had no choice. It was either CM, AOSP or AOKP. But they were all the same things.

FYI.. If you like the features that this phone has: smart stay, motions, Wi-Fi direct, all share, s beam, picture in a picture video. None of this will ever be in a CM or AOSP Rom.

I will wait for jellybean to be released by Samsung. Then you will have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
True I think jerky bean is what makes me want to move to cm10. That and the minimalistic theme or whatever (like how the toggles are small and what not. The previews if pictures in the camera so is pretty cool too. I think you're right though.although I don't use the special touch wiz features other than swipe to screen capture and turn phone over to mute. Will just wait for jelly bean though and the rom will be even more amazing. I just hope Sprint gets it fast.

Since you're all on wicked. Any one else notice touch wiz is a lot faster than apex launcher? Almost made me switch back. Lol

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Since you're all on wicked. Any one else notice touch wiz is a lot faster than apex launcher? Almost made me switch back. Lol

Lol... i don't use either. I use nova launcher.

How's this for minimalistic?

adad0e85-ca57-dc8d.jpg

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol... i don't use either. I use nova launcher.

How's this for minimalistic?

Click to view quoted image

Aww man. I should invest in nova prime but I've put way too much time in apex. Lol. In fact some how when I flashed Clark's rom I got the pro version of apex, don't know how it just happened. Now I'm back to regular Apex in wicked haha.

And is dates a calendar or is my man skunk here a playa? ;)

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It is weird. I'm on cm10 and when using the android central app. I view this topic. Go to page one and scroll down, and the app crashed. It only happens on this topic. Nowhere else.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
NEW ROM UPDATE:

High on Android is a ROM for the beginner flashers. This is a NOOB friendly ROM and thread for the NOOBS. No question too dumb or left unanswered. Please see post 2 in this thread if this interests you.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
NEW ROM UPDATE:

High on Android is a ROM for the beginner flashers. This is a NOOB friendly ROM and thread for the NOOBS. No question too dumb or left unanswered. Please see post 2 in this thread if this interests you.

Sounds like a really good idea... I wish this had been around when I was showing my wife how to use her shiny new Android phone!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a really good idea... I wish this had been around when I was showing my wife how to use her shiny new Android phone!

Absolutely... Many of the threads at xda have very little tolerance for beginners and their questions and many beginners just give up.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely... Many of the threads at xda have very little tolerance for beginners and their questions and many beginners just give up.

One of the reasons I ask you a million questions. I'm scared of the people at xda. Lol. So vicious over there. Haha

Reactions: Skunkape60

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Lol so true. It took me a while to figure out every thing just reading through all the different threads cause I didn't want to ask any questions. Most folks that asked beginner questions weren't treated all that well. Sad part is I'm an avionics technician and deal with computers and software a lot and it still took me awhile to figure things out so I can only imagine how intimidating it is for the average user.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
what is the advantage of this kernel (KERNEL)[SPRINT][AOSP][JELLYBEAN] KT747-s , over the one that comes with cm10(nightlies)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
what is the advantage of this kernel (KERNEL)[SPRINT][AOSP][JELLYBEAN] KT747-s , over the one that comes with cm10(nightlies)

The kernel supports overclocking, underclocking, voltage adjustments. It has an assortment of governors and schedulers. There are more things you can control with this kernel over the CM10 stock kernel.

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm.... A new version of FreeGS3, you say? :D

Downloading now :D

I should be able to just flash over 9.1 right? Or do I have to wipe something?

I'm really pathetic lol. This will be my fifth time flashing a rom or an update and I'm still asking simple questions like that. Haha :/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon