[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am hosting this thread as sort of a one stop database for different ROMs and Kernels. I hope every one finds this a useful thread. I will do my best to keep this current and updated. I know most of you know what ROMs and Kernels are. While I'm far from an expert I thought I would perhaps give a very brief and simple explanation of each (were all noobs at one time) before listing what's available.

ROMs

ROMs hold the operating system, user interface, apps, wallpaper, and themes for your android device. They reside on "read only memory" thus the name ROM.

Some of the benefits of custom ROMs are:

1. They get updated more often and are usually more up to date than stock.
2. Improved performance and efficiency
3. Improved Battery life
4. Removal of bloatware
5. Custom themes and user interfaces
6. They're just plain cool !

Some drawbacks of custom ROMs are:

1. Installing custom ROMs generally involves having to perform a clean wipe. So be sure to back up often (Titanium Backup, My backup Pro to name a few) and NEVER forget your Nandroid (CWM Recovery Back up)
2. Custom ROMs may have bugs that cause your device to have issues
3. Voids the Manufacturer Warranty (just like rooting)! (You can always go back to stock unrooted state prior to turning phone in for warranty work)

Kernels:

The term kernel comes from Linux, which is kind of the forerunner of Android. All Android phones come with a kernel installed on them. It is the communication link between hardware and software. One of its most important functions is battery usage and cpu control. It is used to access the gps, wifi and radio. Pretty much everything your phone does runs through the kernel.

Just click on the rom or kernel below to take you to it's thread...

If you find a ROM or Kernel I don't have listed and want to add it, please PM me the link and I will add it.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernal Library

(ROM)Jellyblazed[u Jelly?][10/18][v0.2]
(ROM)Jellyblazed[u Jelly?][10/18][v0.2] Posted By PhantomHacker. A very Populular ICS Rom has Now made it to JellyBean XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)Wicked Sensations(Jellybean)
(ROM)Wicked Sensations(Jellybean) Posted By dazednconfused. Popular themeed ICS Rom Updated to Jelly Bean Android Central Link is HERE XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[LI3] RandomROM "Jaguar" 1.0
(ROM)[LI3] RandomROM "Jaguar" 1.0 Posted By RandomKing. Here's a new ROM by an old face. RandomKing puts out his first GS3 ROM. Many will remember him from the og epic. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)BAKED d2spr blackbean-5 (10-1)
BAKED d2spr blackbean-5 (10-1) Posted by: travp624. A Black themed AOKP ROM. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[PORT][JB] BlackJelly v0.7 LIF Tmo
(ROM)[PORT][JB] BlackJelly v0.7 LIF Tmo Posted by: DroidModder. Another port from T-Mobile . XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) [Team VeNuM] JellyBomb JellyBean Preview - LEAK BUILD - [LIF]
(ROM) [Team VeNuM] JellyBomb JellyBean Preview - LEAK BUILD - [LIF] Posted by: joshbeach. Themed ROM base off of the Leaked Sprint Build. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)Codename Android 3.6.5 [JellyBean] [09/30/12]
(ROM)Codename Android 3.6.5 [JellyBean] [09/30/12] Posted By codenameandroid. ASOP with lots of custom add ons. I ran this for a long time on my nexus s4g. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[LG8] MIJJz BLEND SG3 "GOODNESS RELOADED" v1.2 [9/28/2012]
(ROM)[LG8] MIJJz BLEND SG3 "GOODNESS RELOADED" v1.2 [9/28/2012] Posted By mijjah74. This on looks very interesting. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[Team VeNuM] GREEN MONSTAH ROM VER 1.0 [LG8] [09/28/12]
(ROM) [Team VeNuM] GREEN MONSTAH ROM VER 1.0 [LG8] [09/28/12] Posted By joshbeach. TeamVenum is really kicking out some quality roms. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)9/30/12 Sprint Touchwiz Jelly Bean Leak (L710SPRBLIF) Odex/DeOdex
(ROM)9/30/12 Sprint Touchwiz Jelly Bean Leak (L710SPRBLIF) Odex/DeOdex Posted By freeza. Finally an official Leak. Most people are saying it is running great. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)AnaKonda Rom
(ROM)AnaKonda ROM Posted By dazednconfused. Another Rom by dazednconfused. If you lked Wicked Sensations you just have to give this a wirl. Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[4.1.1] OFFICIAL codefireX Jellybean Nightlies
(ROM)[4.1.1] OFFICIAL codefireX Jellybean Nightlies Posted By ZanzDroid. Another CM10 Nightly KANG XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)Team Rejectz'The Ultimate TW Rom
(ROM)Team Rejectz'The Ultimate TW Rom Posted By musikalharmony. This is the 2nd Rom Developed by Team Rejectz'. This rom is currently themed in black and white but there will be lots of color themes added soon XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[LG8][WIP][TDS] Tranquility v0.3(09/15)
(ROM)[LG8][WIP][TDS] Tranquility v0.3(09/15) Posted By jamcar. LG8 Based Rom with plenty of tweaks XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) Zeke's Rom v.1.1
(ROM) Zeke's Rom v.1.1 Posted By s3.Zeke. You want your cake and eat it too? This rom is based off LG2, so it has the tv screen odd animation and many other tweeks. Load this and then the LG8 modem with team sonics modem Flasher. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[WIP][PORT] MIUI Jellybean 2.8.24 ALPHA [8/29]
(ROM)[WIP][PORT] MIUI Jellybean 2.8.24 ALPHA [8/29] Posted By chairface. MIUI Jellybean. As far as I know this is the 1st MIUI Rom for the Sprint GS3. As the title says. "Work In Progress". XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) Stock TouchWiz JellyBean (T999UVDLH3 Leak Port) - 8/26/2012 (SMS FIXED)
(ROM) Stock TouchWiz JellyBean (T999UVDLH3 Leak Port) - 8/26/2012 (SMS FIXED) Posted By myn. OK... This in an unofficial T-Mobile LEAK. You could say beta for T-Mobile but kind alfa for Sprint. Read the entire xda thread before flashing this one. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) JellyBomb Domination - ver. 1.0 - LG8 Based)
(ROM)JellyBomb Domination - ver. 1.0 - LG8 Based Posted By joshbeach. Josh Beach the creator of the Jelly Bomb theme, is stretching his wings with his first rom. Yes it's themed. XDA Thread Link is HERE Android Central Thread Link is HERE

(ROM){Team Rejectz}Sgs3 Ftw Annihilation LG8 1.0.0 {testing PHASE}(Jellybean)
(ROM) {Team Rejectz}Sgs3 Ftw Annihilation LG8 1.0.0 {testing PHASE} Posted By Lorjay589. An in your face Red Themed ROM. Definitely not for the timid. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) HighOnAndroid ROM v.0.1 - ROM for Beginners! [SPH-L710]
(ROM) HighOnAndroid ROM v.0.1 - ROM for Beginners! [SPH-L710] Posted By zedomax. About time!! This is a ROM for the NOOBS. No question too dumb. All questions answered. Perfect way to start flashing. This ROM was long overdue! XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) [CM10][Jellybro] D2Spr Nightly Kangs
(ROM) [CM10][Jellybro] D2Spr Nightly Kangs Posted By Euroskank. Ahhh... Euroskank Kangs have finally made it to the Sprint GS3. Twas my favorite when on the Nexus S4g XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) Wicked Sensations
(ROM) Wicked Sensations Posted By Skunkape60 for dazednconfused and TeamVenum. Very stable and beautifully themed Rom Android Central Link is HERE

(ROM) [JB:CM10:HYBRD][PORT] PARANOIDANDROID [1.9.5
(ROM) [JB:CM10:HYBRD][PORT] PARANOIDANDROID [1.9.5 Posted By KBizzle. Ported for your pleasure and based off cm10 JellyBean. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) SPRINT AOKP(Jellybean)
(ROM) SPRINT AOKP(Jellybean) Posted By ktoonsez. Android Open Kangs have finally made it to the Sprint SG3.I'm sure that's going to make some crack flashers happy XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[Team VeNuM][Odexed Blue]
(ROM)[Team VeNuM][Odexed Blue] Posted By strongsteve. Very nicely done. Themed in blue and odexed for a smooth fast experience. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SPH-L710
(ROM)][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Preview Builds for SPH-L710 Posted By noobnl. cm10 JellyBean is here! Yes, it's just preview build and not daily drivers but it is here and now. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) CyanogenMod 9 Sprint Galaxy S3 (Nightly's
(ROM) CyanogenMod 9 Sprint Galaxy S3 Nightly's Posted By CMTeamEpic. This is the 1st Nightly and still very buggy. Everything Samsung has been removed. No motion mods. Don't even think about swipe for screenshot. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)Syndicate Rom LF9
(ROM) Syndicate Rom LF9 Posted By Jez2cool and Shabbypenguin. A stock based rom with a few mods and tweaks to improve battery life and performance. Looks like some big names are starting to show up. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)[LF9] G3k1.5
(ROM) [LF9] G3k1.5 Posted By gollum18. Check it out it's here on Android Central.Lots of bloat removed XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM) LF9 Based]NoWizAOSPmod(7/8)
(ROM) [ROM][LF9 Based]NoWizAOSPmod(7/8) Posted By tjohnsonjr. THIS IS NOT AOSP!!! But it does have many apps replaced by apps pulled from the Galaxy Nexus XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)HELLfire
(ROM) HELLfire Posted By jamcar. Some tweaks such as JB transitions.Lots of bloat removed XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)Blazer
(ROM) Blazer Posted By PhantomHacker. ?Lots of tweaks and customization XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)LF9 Sprint GS3 Update (Rooted & Full Odex/DeOdexed/Firmware
(ROM)LF9 Sprint GS3 Update (Rooted & Full Odex/DeOdexed/Firmware Posted By freeza. Updated to LG2. Mostly Stock XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)Team Sonic-FreeGS3-Revolutionary
(ROM) Team Sonic-FreeGS3-Revolutionary Posted By clark44. Lots of tweaks and customization XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)redruM Lean STOCK
(ROM) redruM Lean STOCK Posted By clark44. Mostly Stock / Moved many of the apps to data. Making them easier to uninstall XDA Thread Link is HERE

(ROM)LI3]10/6/12 Galaxy S fre3 1.9 (Hybrid-Odex/SomeTW
(ROM)LI3]10/6/12 Galaxy S fre3 1.9 (Hybrid-Odex/SomeTW Posted By freeza Removed TouchWiz launcher and widgets. Added some tweaks. XDA Thread Link is HERE

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

(KERNEL)[SOURCE] AGAT_G3_v0.0.1 for TW roms.
(KERNEL)[SOURCE] AGAT_G3_v0.0.1 for TW roms. Posted By agat63.Kernel built from source. AGAT kernels have been very popular on the epic touch. Stock now but given time, this kernel will have lots of options and tweaks XDA Thread Link is HERE

(KERNEL)[SPRINT][AOSP][JELLYBEAN] KT747-s
(KERNEL) [SPRINT][AOSP][JELLYBEAN]KT747-s Posted By ktoonsez.Kernel built specifically for CM 10. So you Jellybean guys enjpy... XDA Thread Link is HERE

(KERNEL)Trinity GST - SPR [ICS]][COLOR="Red
(KERNEL)Trinity GST - SPR [ICS][/COLOR] Posted By Morfic. Yup... You read it correctly. Der Kernel has finally made it to the Sprint GS3. Morfic's Trinity Kernel is finally here. XDA Thread Link is HERE

(KERNEL) SPH-L710 (Galaxy S3 SPRINT) ROOTED INSECURE KERNELS
(KERNEL) SPH-L710 (Galaxy S3 SPRINT) ROOTED INSECURE KERNELS Posted By AdamLange As the title says"Rooted Insecure. This is the kernel found in Sonic FreeGS3 XDA Thread Link is HERE

Last edited:

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Good idea. Makes it easier to find them. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people come up with. I haven't tried any yet but there is one that looks interesting one they update it with the things they say there going to add I may have to give it a try.

But then again I like staying stock and just adding the mods I want.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I tried flashing Blazer ROM but when I rebooted it booted back into TouchWiz. What did I do wrong here?

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

So it looks exactly the same as TouchWiz? I still have all the same useless apps and bloatware on my phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

So it looks exactly the same as TouchWiz? I still have all the same useless apps and bloatware on my phone.
Look under your settings/About Phone...

Look near the bottom does it list under baseband or other areas Blazer ROM or something to that effect?

Reactions: footballbanker

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Look under your settings/About Phone...

Look near the bottom does it list under baseband or other areas Blazer ROM or something to that effect?

Yes it does. Thanks... I'm still wondering why some apps are in my app drawer that were supposed to be removed. Is that normal? For example SprintZone and AllSharePay to name a couple.

Also do I have to re-download my apps from the Play Store like Titanium?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Yes it does. Thanks... I'm still wondering why some apps are in my app drawer that were supposed to be removed. Is that normal? For example SprintZone and AllSharePay to name a couple.

There were a few apps that he put back with the latest update; the removal of them was causing some people issues.

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

So I shouldn't remove any apps that are still on the phone like flipboard music hub and the other crap?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried flashing Blazer ROM but when I rebooted it booted back into TouchWiz. What did I do wrong here?

Yup... Uncle Louie is absolutely correct. If you want something different try Nova Launcher.

As for the roms above. I think Team Sonics Revolutionary rom deserves a look/see. It's very well done and smooth as silk.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with blazer not allowing root access. When I open a root app I'm not even prompted to confirm or deny it just automatically denies it. I was able to grant superuser access but that's it. I've already tried setting su to grant root access by default.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with blazer not allowing root access. When I open a root app I'm not even prompted to confirm or deny it just automatically denies it. I was able to grant superuser access but that's it. I've already tried setting su to grant root access by default.

I'm at work right now so can't dig it up but in the rom's thread they say that you will need to re flash superuser. Look in the thread and they post which one is working.