[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

sabunimwil

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
No roms have this built in. Samsung has moved to MTP and PTP and the old ways to do apps to sd will never work. As far as I know, there are no current viable ways to do it. There is a work around but I must say USE AT YOUR OWN RISK APPS to SD Mod (sort of)

I've been using this for a while and it works wonderfully well. No problems have appeared due to it. I know some people have had glitches but mine is running smooth. I'm on Paranoid Android with kt747 kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Greetings Everyone,

I just purchased the SGSIII from Sprint. OMG...I had no idea that there were so many ROMS for this thing! Geez!!!!!! Ok, here's the question...which ROM do I choose???? I'm not an expert on rooting/hackdroid, however I'm also not a n00be.

Just don't really know which ROM to choose. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. - ROCK-SOLID, STABLE AND LIGHTNING FAST!!!!!

2. - Able to utilize ALL native Sprint SGSIII functions (meaning no bugs on what should be standard features).

3. - LIGHTNING FAST!!!!!

4. - Ability to OverClock. Either already includes compatible Kernal or ROM is compatible with popular OCing Kernals for the SGSIII.

5. - LIGHTNING FAST!!!!!

6. - Preferably able to utilize the 'built-in' HotSpot functionality, otherwise, a WiFi HotSpot app will suffice.

7. - Prefer JellyBean over ICS.

I guess like everyone else, looking for a SUPER CLEAN AND FAST ROM. I don't mind the Sprint bloatware as much, since if the ROM is super-fast...it shouldn't matter. Themes are great but not necessary.

Thank you!!!

BJ

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this for a while and it works wonderfully well. No problems have appeared due to it. I know some people have had glitches but mine is running smooth. I'm on Paranoid Android with kt747 kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wicked Sensations.

dumahyge.jpg

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Skunkape60,

Please bare with me as I ask this stupid question: Is your post (above), in response to my question about which ROM I should choose for the SGSIII? You were quoting someone running 'Paranoid Android', however the link is for the 'WickedSensations' ROM??

Thx!

BJ

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape60,

Please bare with me as I ask this stupid question: Is your post (above), in response to my question about which ROM I should choose for the SGSIII? You were quoting someone running 'Paranoid Android', however the link is for the 'WickedSensations' ROM??

Thx!

BJ

Yes it is. Sometimes tapatalk forum app does this. It quoted the wrong post. I usually catch it. This time I didn't.:rolleyes:

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Aaah ok, thx! This Wicked Sensations ROM looks AMAZING!

Quick questions:

1. - It is pretty heavily themed with the blue and the images. Is this relatively simple to change? Also are there other themes available?

2. - I will probably end up using 'GO Launcher EX' just because it is the only launcher that allows me to organize my apps into folders in the App Drawer, rather than on the Home Screen. Are there any known issues with this ROM and GO Launcher?

3. - How many different choices do we have for a 'Custom Recovery' for the SGS3?

Thanks!

BJ

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Aaah ok, thx! This Wicked Sensations ROM looks AMAZING!

Quick questions:

1. - It is pretty heavily themed with the blue and the images. Is this relatively simple to change? Also are there other themes available?

2. - I will probably end up using 'GO Launcher EX' just because it is the only launcher that allows me to organize my apps into folders in the App Drawer, rather than on the Home Screen. Are there any known issues with this ROM and GO Launcher?

3. - How many different choices do we have for a 'Custom Recovery' for the SGS3?

Thanks!

BJ

1. The theme is baked into the rom. At this point it is the only theme available for it. The developer isn't sure if he is going to make different themes using this rom as a base or create different roms that have different themes. My guess is that you will have different themes available for the rom.

2.I have not heard of any issues relating to this rom and golauncher.

3. The only custom recoveries currently for this phone are TWRP & CWM.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for responding. Actually, I love the theme. However, can any of the images just be changed? I ask because I have small children and I would rather they not have to run into those types of images just yet.

Also, what are your top 2 ROM recommendations? I know Wicked Sensations is #1...is there another?

BJ

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for responding. Actually, I love the theme. However, can any of the images just be changed? I ask because I have small children and I would rather they not have to run into those types of images just yet.

Also, what are your top 2 ROM recommendations? I know Wicked Sensations is #1...is there another?

BJ

Absolutely... They are just wallpapers. You can change wallpapers very easily.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Aaah ok. Sounds good then. My SGS3 is due to arrive in a few days. That said, I will begin studying the Wicked Sensations ROM.

By the way, does this ROM allow one to utilize the native HotSpot function, or do we still have to use the WiFi Tether App?

What is the recommended method to root this device?

What kind of Kernel and governors are included with the ROM?

Is there a recommended max setting for OCing this device?

Thx!

BJ

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Aaah ok. Sounds good then. My SGS3 is due to arrive in a few days. That said, I will begin studying the Wicked Sensations ROM.

By the way, does this ROM allow one to utilize the native HotSpot function, or do we still have to use the WiFi Tether App?

What is the recommended method to root this device?

What kind of Kernel and governors are included with the ROM?

Is there a recommended max setting for OCing this device?

Thx!

BJ

The wicked sensations rom has an unsecured stock kernel.

Imo none of the custom kernels provide a decent compromise between speed and battery life. All of the custom kernels I've tried on this phone took a significant hit on battery life.

However the agat kernel was very fast. I have a screen shot of my quadrant score with wicked sensations and the agat kernel in the wicked sensations thread. Just over 6000.

This is the root method I suggest.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=203615

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Skunkape60,

First off, thank you again for all of your help and patience with my questions, as well as your overall dedication to the dissemination of information for the SGS3. When the information is broken down and organized the way that you have provided, it makes it easier for all of us (noobs and experts alike) to ramp-up with our new devices and thus, preventing bricks. I've taken some time out to read up/ramp-up on tons of info pertaining to the SGS3, but still have more to go.

In short, as soon as my SGS3 phone is delivered, here's my plan that I wanted to run by you. Please feel free to add and correct any steps you feel necessary:

1. - Activate phone with Sprint and get the phone up and running.

2. - Root the SGS3 with the information and files provided by the following guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...e-updated-how-root-your-sprint-galaxy-s3.html

3. - Once rooted, along with CWM Recovery already installed, I wish to change and flash TWRP.

4. - Install 'WickedSensations ROM'

5. - Install 'AGAT G3' Kernel

6. - Tune & Tweak to my hearts content, along with Overclocking and etc.

7. - Install Apps galore.

** A few notes/questions:

1. - Have you or anyone else for that matter ran any of the mods/tweaks/scripts from Pimp-My-ROM...successfully on this phone?
Here's the link: ☠ [APK][Tweaks & Mods] █ PIMP MY ROM █ App v1.7 {Any Device // Any Rom}[ALPHA][WIP] ☠ - xda-developers

2. - Is TWRP for the SGS3 available on XDA or Android Central?

3. - Any thoughts on Team Venum's 'Jelly Bomb' ROM? Is WickedSensations still better?

4. - As far as WiFi HotSpot/Tether, can we utilize the native built-in function or do we have to use a WiFi Tether App?

5. - Is there a recommended MAX for Overclocking?

6. - Has anyone ever used a script/mod/tweak similar to this, where we can format an SD Card with a partial EXT3/4 Partition and utilize that space by tricking the phone to use that as internal memory? Here's an example of what I'm referring to: [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!!

BJ

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Let me see if I can answer most of these....

Skunkape60,

First off, thank you again for all of your help and patience with my questions, as well as your overall dedication to the dissemination of information for the SGS3. When the information is broken down and organized the way that you have provided, it makes it easier for all of us (noobs and experts alike) to ramp-up with our new devices and thus, preventing bricks. I've taken some time out to read up/ramp-up on tons of info pertaining to the SGS3, but still have more to go.

In short, as soon as my SGS3 phone is delivered, here's my plan that I wanted to run by you. Please feel free to add and correct any steps you feel necessary:

1. - Activate phone with Sprint and get the phone up and running.

2. - Root the SGS3 with the information and files provided by the following guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...e-updated-how-root-your-sprint-galaxy-s3.html

3. - Once rooted, along with CWM Recovery already installed, I wish to change and flash TWRP.

4. - Install 'WickedSensations ROM'

5. - Install 'AGAT G3' Kernel

6. - Tune & Tweak to my hearts content, along with Overclocking and etc.

7. - Install Apps galore.

** A few notes/questions:

1. - Have you or anyone else for that matter ran any of the mods/tweaks/scripts from Pimp-My-ROM...successfully on this phone?
Here's the link: ☠ [APK][Tweaks & Mods] █ PIMP MY ROM █ App v1.7 {Any Device // Any Rom}[ALPHA][WIP] ☠ - xda-developers

Not that I know of. I will look into it when I have a chance.

2. - Is TWRP for the SGS3 available on XDA or Android Central?

Absolutely, Just ask and you shall receive. After rooting with the CWM recovery tar, you can flash this in recovery. If you prefer to root with TWRP, let me know and I will convert this into a tar file for you and you can use TWRP to root with. TWRP Recovery

3. - Any thoughts on Team Venum's 'Jelly Bomb' ROM? Is WickedSensations still better?

JellyBombs Dev bought a Note 2 and has been spending the majoritiy of his time on that. I prefer the Dev of my Daily Driver be dedicated full time to my device. Plus I really like Wicked Sensations...

4. - As far as WiFi HotSpot/Tether, can we utilize the native built-in function or do we have to use a WiFi Tether App?

As far as I know, None of the GS3's roms natively support WiFi tehering. You will have to load a hacked version of WiFi Tether.

5. - Is there a recommended MAX for Overclocking?

My phone ran 1890 without any ill effects on the Agat kernel

6. - Has anyone ever used a script/mod/tweak similar to this, where we can format an SD Card with a partial EXT3/4 Partition and utilize that space by tricking the phone to use that as internal memory? Here's an example of what I'm referring to: [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

Again not that particular mod. From what I understand this is as close as it gets for our phones. [MOD]App2ExtSD2 [Works for all U.S. Galaxy S3!] - xda-developers

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!!

BJ

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Skunkape60,

Thank you so much for responding!!! Off the top of your head, do you happen to know what the native (normal) amount of 'internal space', comes with the SGS3? My phone has not arrived yet, otherwise, I could check.

Thx!

BJ

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape60,

Thank you so much for responding!!! Off the top of your head, do you happen to know what the native (normal) amount of 'internal space', comes with the SGS3? My phone has not arrived yet, otherwise, I could check.

Thx!

BJ

I have tried pimp my Rom with wicked sensations and they seem to be perfectly happy together. I will run for a few days and let you know if anything weird comes up...

COOKtheKILLA

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Which AGAT G3 Kernel works with Wicked Sensations? From what I have read that is an ICS kernel. If that kernel will not work is there a recommended kernel for wicked sensations?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7