[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Which AGAT G3 Kernel works with Wicked Sensations? From what I have read that is an ICS kernel. If that kernel will not work is there a recommended kernel for wicked sensations?

Generally speaking Kernels have very little to do with roms but on the gs3 they do only in that tw roms require tw kernels CM and asop require there own kernel.

That being said, it is the hardware that is normally the issue with kernels. Kernels are the central nervous system of your phone. The kernel is the software that connects your hardware to the ROM. Being such, some phones run very well on a certain kernel and some don't run at all.

As for the Agat kernel, some people running wicked sensations had no problem running agat. My phone did fine with it except than the battery drain was faster on agat. But that doesn't mean yours will be the same. BTW... My daughters phone won't even boot with the Agat kernel, no matter what rom is installed.

Again Kernals run differently on every PHONE. You will just have to see what works.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
SkunkApe,

Is this the Agat Kernal that you were referring to?

[UPDATE][KERNEL][LI03] AGAT_G3_v0.2.2 for ICS TW roms. 10/21/12 - xda-developers

Is it compatible with WickedSensations or is it only for ICS?

Thanks!

BJ

No this isn't the agat kernel I was talking about. That is ics.

I am talking about this one:
AGAT_JB_v0.3.2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1956392

Why are you so insistent on changing the kernel? You don't even have the phone yet. The stock kernel, so far is the best on this phone. I have gotten 6010 quadrant overclocked to 1890 with agat and wicked sensations. On the stock kernel without overclocking, I get a quadrant benchmark 6100 with wicked sensations.
I don't understand why you're so compelled to change everything and you haven't even gotten the phone.

Again... So far, nothing has topped the stock kernel.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Something else I would like to say on the kernel front. SetCPU does seem to slow this phone down.

I ran quadrant benchmark on a fresh install of wicked sensations v1.2 and hit a score of 6100+. Then installed SetCPU. Just installing it without making a single settings change in SetCPU. My scores were on average 1000 points lower.

I was able to duplicate this more than 5 times. I tested each time turning off the phone and letting it cool 10 minutes between each test.

COOKtheKILLA

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This is good info skunkape. I tried the AGAT kernel and could not get it to boot. Restored to my nandroid running Wicked Sensations on the stock kernel. Go easy on us who have trouble with the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" motto. We just get bored and want to push our toys to their max. From experience with the OG EVO I was sure that custom kernels were better than stock given their power to over/underclock and battery saving powers. I do understand that for now the stock kernel is the best and will continue running that until the next "miracle kernel" comes out. Thanks for the info on setCPU, I have been running it since rooting and haven't noticed much of a difference. I'll have to do some tests of my own and see if I have similar results. Thanks again for your efforts Skunkape!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is good info skunkape. I tried the AGAT kernel and could not get it to boot. Restored to my nandroid running Wicked Sensations on the stock kernel. Go easy on us who have trouble with the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" motto. We just get bored and want to push our toys to their max. From experience with the OG EVO I was sure that custom kernels were better than stock given their power to over/underclock and battery saving powers. I do understand that for now the stock kernel is the best and will continue running that until the next "miracle kernel" comes out. Thanks for the info on setCPU, I have been running it since rooting and haven't noticed much of a difference. I'll have to do some tests of my own and see if I have similar results. Thanks again for your efforts Skunkape!

BTW... You can underclock the stock kernel... You just can't overclock it.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello SkunkApe,

Thank you so much for responding. Yes, I wasn't sure if that was the AGAT Kernal you were referring to or not, especially when I saw the 'ICS' in the title. Basically, I am interested in Overclocking, which is why I was interested in an alternative Kernal. I chose AGAT since you had mentioned that AGAT was the best Kernal you had found, other than the Stock Kernal.

As far as the issue with SetCPU, here's another app that is a great alternative to SetCPU and does all kinds of stuff...dunno if the phone will slow down with this one as well:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MSwyLDEsImNjYzcxLnBtdy5wcm8iXQ&token=x2vM-v0P..

Thanks again!

BJ

huddybuddy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Great ROM, but why can't I add a samsung account to my phone? It won't even give me the option to do it. I need to be able to add the account so I can register for Samsung Dive mobile tracking. And for other reasons...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Great ROM, but why can't I add a samsung account to my phone? It won't even give me the option to do it. I need to be able to add the account so I can register for Samsung Dive mobile tracking. And for other reasons...

Again. Please look in your app drawer for the kuban updater. There is a removed apps section. Make sure you download and flash the Samsung apps. You should be good to go.

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yooo skunk... what do you know about the miui rom? I've been looking into it (well sort of)

So just a couple questions..

Have you tried it? If so do you like it. Would you recommend it? You know... all that good stuff.

My interest had been sparked just because it seems a little different. I like different lol. All the other roms right now are kind of seeming the same with different themes. Which isn't really a bad thing but I like the look of the pull down in miui. anyways. Is it touch wiz or aosp ok confused because I thought cm10 kernels would only work with aosp?

Thanks man

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yooo skunk... what do you know about the miui rom? I've been looking into it (well sort of)

So just a couple questions..

Have you tried it? If so do you like it. Would you recommend it? You know... all that good stuff.

My interest had been sparked just because it seems a little different. I like different lol. All the other roms right now are kind of seeming the same with different themes. Which isn't really a bad thing but I like the look of the pull down in miui. anyways. Is it touch wiz or aosp ok confused because I thought cm10 kernels would only work with aosp?

Thanks man

Never particularly liked miui. It is too much like Iphone for my tastes. I tried it for about a week on my old nexus s4g but never on this phone. In 2 years, I don't know if they ever got 4g to work on miui. With this phone I don't even know if that is an issue because LTE is different than cdma. Besides your area may not even have lte yet anyway.
A lot of people like it though and is an option for those that want their phone to look like an iphone

huddybuddy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to bug, but I don't have the kuban updater in my app drawer. And is that where i would fing the Samsung apps to flash? I'm new to all this, but I love doing it.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Never particularly liked miui. It is too much like Iphone for my tastes. I tried it for about a week on my old nexus s4g but never on this phone. In 2 years, I don't know if they ever got 4g to work on miui. With this phone I don't even know if that is an issue because LTE is different than cdma. Besides your area may not even have lte yet anyway.
A lot of people like it though and is an option for those that want their phone to look like an iphone

Thanks. Yeah. I probably won't try it. After looking at the thread it doesn't look like the developing for it is really up to what I'm used to... (dazed, Josh, and Clark). I'll pass lol

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Flashed a new rom. Lost my contacts of course I have a back up of my last Rom and I even backed up my apps with Titanium back up. Can someone please tell me how the hell I get my contacts back?

I also lost my messages but I mean I don't really care about that as much as my contacts

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Flashed a new rom. Lost my contacts of course I have a back up of my last Rom and I even backed up my apps with Titanium back up. Can someone please tell me how the hell I get my contacts back?

I also lost my messages but I mean I don't really care about that as much as my contacts

Your contacts should be on the cloud.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh and yeah I found the file in titanium the other day thanks. Also do you know where I may find the file that I must add. Bak to in order to take screen shots without sound?