Paranoid Android Rom for sprint?

eckono33

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm pretty new to flashing roms. I downloaded the paranoid android rom for the international GS3, I'm glad I didn't install it. I mainly want that tablet mode feature. I love the Netflix and YouTube tablet versions compared to the phone versions.

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm pretty new to flashing roms. I downloaded the paranoid android rom for the international GS3, I'm glad I didn't install it. I mainly want that tablet mode feature. I love the Netflix and YouTube tablet versions compared to the phone versions.

Make sure that you only download ROMs for the sprint gs3 or you will brick your phone ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

All of the Roms for our phone are listed in the thread "Android Central Rom and Kernel Library"

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There has been a very active development of Paranoidandroid ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint. The latest version was released on 11/11/2012. Here is the link
[ROM][11/11/12] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 4.1.2 | True HybridMode, Size&UI on PerAppBasis - xda-developers. I own the device and run this ROM. It is very stable.

thank you sooo much, i have been looking up this rom for the past 2 days, as i want it on my nexus

will probably flash it on my gs3 now

i hope i can use the backup file i have from my backup root on there, because i couldnt do it on jelly bomb, it acted as if it didnt exist

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There has been a very active development of Paranoidandroid ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint. The latest version was released on 11/11/2012. Here is the link
[ROM][11/11/12] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 4.1.2 | True HybridMode, Size&UI on PerAppBasis - xda-developers. I own the device and run this ROM. It is very stable.

Quick question. Which version of android is this rom? I'm on 4.1.2 cm10 currently

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

edit: nvm, i see it says 4.1.2 in the link, lol, sorry

going to flash in a few mins, just backing up texts and apps etc

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
finished flashing the rom, my backup root works

but the problem im having is apparently my nav stock keys zip doesnt work in this rom, because i flashed it and it didnt show up

do i need another nav key zip or something? or this rom just doesnt allow nav soft keys?

thanks

Edit: never mind, hadnt realized it was actually built into the rom

thanks sooo much for this, setting it up now!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

This thing is running great, I can finally read my Gmail without having to scroll like an idiot

Only had 1 issue so far, the screen went off, and all I could see was my nav bar and my display brightness overlay widget, couldn't turn off the device or activate the status bar or anything.

Was so odd, cause I kno the screen was on cause I had the nav bar, but anyway, popped out the battery cause holding the power button did nothing, rebooted and everything is fine :)

Thanks again

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're interested theres the PAC-man rom wich is paranoidandroid+aokp+cm10 all in one, its amazing and i really do recommend it.

found it, but the one thing thats detracting me from this rom is apparantly it doesnt come with the paranoid android settings, you have to put it in yourself, and i dont know how to and dont want to screw up my phone by making a mistake

[PARANOIDANDROID JB/CS] Developers only: Porting, Support and Maintanance - xda-developers

would love to download it, but i want the paranoid android settings and dont know how to add them and dont wanna screw up anything

wish it came with it

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're interested theres the PAC-man rom wich is paranoidandroid+aokp+cm10 all in one, its amazing and i really do recommend it.

Do you know if it's possible he will eventually make it so that paranoid Android settings come with the rom instead of having to manually add it?

Because I was looking at what I believe is the International thread for the PAC man rom, and apparently they get the paranoid Android settings built into their version of it

The only thing stopping me from downloading and flashing the sprint version is getting the apk and understanding how I'm supposed to add it in to the rom

Edit: NVM, i think understand what to do, i was assuming i needed to know how to run lynix or something and write a code into my phone, but apparantly RW-R--R-- is not some kind of magical code that i must know how to write, its a simple process of not checking certain boxes, while checking others

How to set file permission using Root Explorer - YouTube

this is quite interesting to me actually, glad i learned something. i feel like each time i flash my phone im gaining new information. oh how i love android

anyway, im backing up my stuff, going to wait till my new battery charges to about 70 and then flash this new rom, apply all my apps, then rewrite the permissions and place the app in my system settings using

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ee&feature=more_from_developer&token=7h3AAf7b.

root browser lite

then i will reboot and it should appear

thanks for the rom suggestion, seems like this is the rom for me

Edit: all done, got the paranoid android settings to show up

just gotta fix permissions so my air blocker app works properly, and restore my texts

this rom seems awesome so far, cant wait to check out the akop settings

Sent from my lightning fast Samsung Galaxy S3 running Paranoid Android 4.1.2 like a #Bawse

Last edited:

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You know, you seem to be answering a lot of your own questions...it's generally a good idea to search before you hit "post," not after :) Glad you are enjoying the ROM...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Pac man has some issues at the moment, but kbizzle does have a very stable pa Rom available.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Pac man has some issues at the moment, but kbizzle does have a very stable pa Rom available.

I haven't had any really outstanding issues with this rom as yet, outside of nav keys mot changing sometimes and the charge light thing in the led settings doesn't work

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom, like a #Bawse

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Starting to get a wake issue that my screen won't turn on at times. Usually it's just after a few power button presses, but over the past few days, the screen won't turn on unless I hold the power button till it resets or whatever

I think I'm going to wait till he updates the rom because apparently others are having this issue as well as and I'm too lazy to re flash

Rom is absolutely great, minus that wake issue

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

My notification bar >>>>>> yours

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356160674874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356160674874.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member