[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

jermajesty

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Can I just flash the pending JB update without returning to the stock recovery? Using CWM right now and seems like a risk of losing my image if I return everything to stock and the OTA will not go unless I am stock. Right?

BTW - thanks for the good news on the JB front. I hope it's turns out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Can I just flash the pending JB update without returning to the stock recovery? Using CWM right now and seems like a risk of losing my image if I return everything to stock and the OTA will not go unless I am stock. Right?

BTW - thanks for the good news on the JB front. I hope it's turns out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Not for the ota but if you are patient, there will most likely be a cwm flashable version within 12 hours of it releasing.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Doing this over the leaked rooted JB update will cause a bootloop so you'll have to reset. FYI.

Thanks... Tonight I will be updating this return to stock with the full JellyBean Tar. Which will become the new return to stock.

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Yo skunkape let me know if u need a regular zip. Thought the self-extractors would be easier. And the wiping data thing was 50/50 and happened on both sextapes tar and mine. Just to throw it out. 2/3 of my links still work fyi

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Yo skunkape let me know if u need a regular zip. Thought the self-extractors would be easier. And the wiping data thing was 50/50 and happened on both sextapes tar and mine. Just to throw it out. 2/3 of my links still work fyi

Yeah.. I was editing the post during work and got caught and ended up deleting the links. I will fix when I get home in a couple of hours...

cteq1

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Just to let you know, I used triangle away and reset the counter to Zero, today I updated the phone. Thank you all for your input.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks... Tonight I will be updating this return to stock with the full JellyBean Tar. Which will become the new return to stock.

Sweet. Would love to be able to return my co-workers' phones to stock without having to reset them.

media1988

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

hey, thanks for the thread,I did not update when I bought the phone and rooted as soon as I took it out forget what firmware I was on. Just used your steps and updated all the way to li3. Worked great altough touch wiz did not work until i updated to 8 so if that happens to anyone else dont be alarmed it will fix itself. I always like to download the updates ota im wierd like that so this worked great. I cant wait to dowload the new jelly bean and re root thanks? I havnt flashed a rom with this phone i fell the stock rom is good for me!

sindri13

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

You are amazing! I have been searching for 2 days on how to get my phone back to stock, and this is the one that worked!!!!!

anon(554002)

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

After the restoring it back to the stock rom and updating to jelly bean OTA I'm having problems rooting again. The CWM recovery doesn't stick when I flash it anymore. I tried to not auto-reboot and it stays for that one time only, but when I click on superuser I don't have any permissions and root checker says I'm not rooted. Is there another way to root now with the new update?

djelav8

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Did everything as stated in the instructions but now my home weather widget wont load and touchwiz keeps crashing. Any fixes?

30glock

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Ok so I finally went back to stock using this through odin..currently on 4.0.4- L13. Thank you Skunk. So I received a few updates but none for JB is their anything i can do on my end to get this OTA update..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Ok so I finally went back to stock using this through odin..currently on 4.0.4- L13. Thank you Skunk. So I received a few updates but none for JB is their anything i can do on my end to get this OTA update..

I personally think it's a load of bull but you can try going to app manager and clearing data in Google Framework. It has NEVER worked for me on any update but some swear by it. Or you can update using the method in post #2 "Your Way To Update."

30glock

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I personally think it's a load of bull but you can try going to app manager and clearing data in Google Framework. It has NEVER worked for me on any update but some swear by it. Or you can update using the method in post #2 "Your Way To Update."

You are correct complete bull. After clearing data, and checking for update it showed last update check was 12/31/69 lol, thinking of going to post #2, some are saying that the OTA is different from leaked versions. not sure about that. Is post #2 an exact Image of the OTA??.. Again Thanks Skunk.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

You are correct complete bull. After clearing data, and checking for update it showed last update check was 12/31/69 lol, thinking of going to post #2, some are saying that the OTA is different from leaked versions. not sure about that. Is post #2 an exact Image of the OTA??.. Again Thanks Skunk.

It is not the leaked version. The update i have linked is the official version taken off the Google servers.

IAMJEFFLOLZ

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

PLEASE HELP. lol. I started and completed Odin, but after 20 minutes the phone would not get passed the SAMSUNG logo. Then I went back to download mode and to try Odin again, and my PDA file comes up differently than the picture. Mine comes up as "C:\Users\BTM\Desktop\Root GS3\KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5" while yours comes up as something else. What do i do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles