[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

Not only did it work flawlessly and I didn't lose any data, but it returned me right back here to the web page I was on when I shut my phone off to unroot it! THIS WORKS, UNTYPED

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Not only did it work flawlessly and I didn't lose any data, but it returned me right back here to the web page I was on when I shut my phone off to unroot it! THIS WORKS, unrooted perfectly! Thank you so much buddy!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Not only did it work flawlessly and I didn't lose any data, but it returned me right back here to the web page I was on when I shut my phone off to unroot it! THIS WORKS, unrooted perfectly! Thank you so much buddy!

No problem. Anytime... it was a piece of cake wasn't it?

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

After doing this can I just install LG8 and it has all previous updates included or to I have to install all prvious before LG8?

Because the only zips I have is LEN to LF9 and LG2 to LG8. I don't have (if there is one) the zip from LF9 to LG2.

Hopefully that made sense.

By the way I am on LG2 right now.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
After doing this can I just install LG8 and it has all previous updates included or to I have to install all prvious before LG8?

Because the only zips I have is LEN to LF9 and LG2 to LG8. I don't have (if there is one) the zip from LF9 to LG2.

Hopefully that made sense.

By the way I am on LG2 right now.

Not entirely sure. I would let it update just to make sure. LEN will update to lf9 immediately after 1st boot. LF9 will update to LG2 immediately after the 2nd boot. Then do the manual update to LG8.

Reactions: sakhari8

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Not entirely sure. I would let it update just to make sure. LEN will update to lf9 immediately after 1st boot. LF9 will update to LG2 immediately after the 2nd boot. Then do the manual update to LG8.

Awesome possom.

Thanks man. That did it for me.

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I have already went to stock unrooted. rerooted with custom recovery and reflashed my favorite backup and my phone is back in the identical state it was just 30 minutes ago.

What did you use to reflash your favorite backup? For example, I'm currently using Apex Launcher Pro and have all the apps and pages set up like I want them. Is there an easy way to get it back to that state?

On my Epic 4, I used Titanium Backup Pro to restore apps and data one by one (batch restore caused issues) and it sometimes took a few hours to get my phone back like I had it.

I'm currently using a modified LG2 patch found in the thread below and was wondering what's the easiest way to update to LG8 and return my phone to the exact state it's in now.

[CUSTOM UPDATE] LG2 Patch for Custom Roms - xda-developers

Thanks for any advice!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
What did you use to reflash your favorite backup? For example, I'm currently using Apex Launcher Pro and have all the apps and pages set up like I want them. Is there an easy way to get it back to that state?

On my Epic 4, I used Titanium Backup Pro to restore apps and data one by one (batch restore caused issues) and it sometimes took a few hours to get my phone back like I had it.

I'm currently using a modified LG2 patch found in the thread below and was wondering what's the easiest way to update to LG8 and return my phone to the exact state it's in now.

[CUSTOM UPDATE] LG2 Patch for Custom Roms - xda-developers

Thanks for any advice!

I flashed the backup made with my custom recovery. Anytime I flash something I backup my entire system.when it restores, it restores my phone to the exact state it was in before. This includes launcher, shortcuts, settings, apps, data, keyboards, wallpaper, browser bookmarks and passwords. Absolutely everything is identical.

Reactions: Trekker

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the backup made with my custom recovery. Anytime I flash something I backup my entire system.when it restores, it restores my phone to the exact state it was in before. This includes launcher, shortcuts, settings, apps, data, keyboards, wallpaper, browser bookmarks and passwords. Absolutely everything is identical.

Thanks, I used your method to unroot, let OTA do the updates and then manually updated to LG8, all without losing a thing as far as apps and settings go.

I do have one question, I know that the Google Search was disabled for local searches. I restored it via Titanium backup but I think I read somewhere that I will lose it again when I reboot and have to change permissions or something like that. Do you know the proper method?

Thanks!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, I used your method to unroot, let OTA do the updates and then manually updated to LG8, all without losing a thing as far as apps and settings go.

I do have one question, I know that the Google Search was disabled for local searches. I restored it via Titanium backup but I think I read somewhere that I will lose it again when I reboot and have to change permissions or something like that. Do you know the proper method?

Thanks!

Yes, it's pretty easy. Delete the delete the googlequicksearchbox.apk inside of system/apps. Then copy the file that I've attached to the same location. You may have to reboot but I'm not positive.

Reactions: Trekker

SpringerRider

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

Pretty much... I have used the file many times and knew the process worked. But wanted to be sure nothing got borked when the file was rezipped. Since you have bricked one so far I just wanted to be double sure for you.

Does this method reset the Flash Counter?

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Hey bud, how's it going.hey question, I used this, unrooted, and now I can't keep custom recovery when trying to reroot! It will go into cwm once and then overtime after that out just goes to stock recovery! Why? If hi can help me regain my full proper root back, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Even if I install recovery through Rom manager it boots into com once then the next time outs right back too stock recovery! What's going on with it?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Even if I install recovery through Rom manager it boots into com once then the next time outs right back too stock recovery! What's going on with it?

First thing to try is updating your bianaries and trying again. If you haven't this should work.

Download all the files to your phone and place the CWM on your sd card. No need for your desktop. Make sure you re-enable root first.

1. Place Team Epic Root From Recovery To your external sd.
2. Click on Mobile Odin Lite and choose install (Do not open yet)
3. Click on Mobile Odin Flash APK and choose install
4. Open Mobile Odin Lite and allow root access. If it says you are not rooted then you will have to do it the old fashion way with Desktop Odin see below...
6. click on recovery option and choose external or internal sd (Where did you put your recovery file.)
6. Choose your recovery.
7. Scroll down to flash firmware and select. You will get a warning so press continue.
Your device will now boot into recovery.
8. While in recovery flash Team Epic Root From Recovery.

Root with desktop Odin

1. Move the CWM to your computer (remember where you put it)
2. Open Desktop Odin.
3. Click on the PDA block and after a moment a browser box will open. Browse to the CWM tar file.
4. Uncheck Auto Reboot and Reset Timer (If your phone reboots before installing Team Epic Root for Recovery you will lose recovery again)
Note. The only block checked should be PDA and in the block by pda should be the path to CWM tar.
5. Put your phone in download mode by pressing and holding volume down, power and home buttons at the same time until a warning comes up. then press the volume up to continue.
6.Now plug your phone into the usb port and be sure you see com and a number in the ID:COM box. This lets you know Odin recognizes your phone.
7. Click on the start button. It will be safe to unplug your phone from the computer when the message block says "disconnected". It should go back to recovery when finished.
While in recovery flash team Epic Root for Recovery. You should be good.

By unchecking the Auto Restart block it Shouldn't reboot the phone. If it does you will have to try again. So it could be a good idea to pull the battery cover off so you can pull the battery if it tries to restart.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Here's a one file one flash method to return to stock. This will return you phone to a stock unrooted state without removing your apps or data. While you will need your drivers and Odin desktop loaded, you will only be flashing a single file to your phone.

Drivers
Your Samsung Drivers MUST be installed correctly on your computer prior to continuing. You can install them by installing keis. Intalling Kies or Just the drivers alone Either way wait until the software installs completely before plugging your device into the computer. When you have completed driver installation, plug in your device. The computer should now tell you it is installing drivers click on the details and wait until there is a green check by all the drivers. Unplugging your device before it's complete will cause you problems.

Preparing Your Computer
You will need to download the following files to your desktop or notebook computer. Just click on the file names and that should download the file required. I would suggest you make a folder on your desktop and name it something like Root GS3 Odin 3.07 KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 After downloading the above files to your computer: 1. double click on the "Odin 3.07 zip". Copy the "Odin307" folder into your "UnRoot GS3" folder. 2. double click on the "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip" And Copy "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and the " SS_DL.dll" files to the UnRoot GS3 folder

Using Odin
1. Open the "Odin307" folder and right click on "Odin3 v3.07.exe" and choose run as administrator. Odin will open. 2. place your phone into download mode. Turn off phone - press and hold volume down, home button and power button at the same time. When you see the warning push the volume up button to continue. 3. Plug your usb cord to your phone and computer and wait until you see any number and com in the com 4. Check the PDA block and browse to "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5" in your UnRoot GS3 Folder 5. Verify Auto Reboot is checked as well as F. Reset Time

When all this is setup Odin should look like this:

Click to view quoted image

6. If everything looks like the picture, click on the start button in Odin.

Note: This is vary large file and make take up to 10 minutes to complete.

When the phone leaves download mod and starts to reboot you can remove the usb cord.

Galaxys3root.com is all u need

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad