[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

PLEASE HELP. lol. I started and completed Odin, but after 20 minutes the phone would not get passed the SAMSUNG logo. Then I went back to download mode and to try Odin again, and my PDA file comes up differently than the picture. Mine comes up as "C:\Users\BTM\Desktop\Root GS3\KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5" while yours comes up as something else. What do i do?

You are fine. Boot into recovery volume UP instead of down. Press Volume up, home and power simultaneously. As soon as the word Samsung appears release all 3 buttons. In 10-20 seconds your phone will go into stock recovery. Choose factory reset. When it completes restart your phone. Give it a few minutes and it should start.

1 question though. Why are you going back to LEN version when you can go straight to LJ7 with the same procedure?

IAMJEFFLOLZ

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm just trying to go back completely stock from CM10 M2. I don't really know much about rooting, i just do it and it always works out. lol. I just used odin to reflash CWM recovery, then i reinstalled cm10 m2 again. im back to receiving my ever so important calls and texts. Was afraid i created my first brick. So, what method should i do to go back completely stock?

Also, i never created a backup. idk if this affects anything.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm just trying to go back completely stock from CM10 M2. I don't really know much about rooting, i just do it and it always works out. lol. I just used odin to reflash CWM recovery, then i reinstalled cm10 m2 again. im back to receiving my ever so important calls and texts. Was afraid i created my first brick. So, what method should i do to go back completely stock?

Also, i never created a backup. idk if this affects anything.

Let me get back home from work. I will get you back to stock jellybean. Do you want stock rooted or stock unrooted?

IAMJEFFLOLZ

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Let me get back home from work. I will get you back to stock jellybean. Do you want stock rooted or stock unrooted?

Stock Unrooted please. Will this permit me to receive OTA updates in the future?

EDIT: I think i did the first method correctly. i used CWM to flash the LJ7 Jellybean counter reset, and everything seems normal. I never had the JB update, but everything seems stock. Thank you though

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Stock Unrooted please. Will this permit me to receive OTA updates in the future?

Ok. This will remove your root, remove CWM and install stock LJ7 JellyBean and Stock recovery on your phone. It will bring your phone to the exact state your phone would be in if you walked out of a Sprint Store today with a brand new phone. After flashing this you should not have any problems when the next ota is released

1. You will open odin,
2. check the pda block.
3. click in the pda block and navigate to where you put the below file.
4.You will make sure the Auto Reboot and Reset timer both are selected
5. Put you phone into download mode (Press volume DOWN, power and home buttons simultaneously) When you see the warning release all of the buttons and press volume up.
6. plug your phone into your computer using your USB cable
Make sure you see COM and any number in the ID COM block. This tells you that your drivers are loaded and your phone is recognized.
7. Press the start button. This is a Large file and can take anywhere from 8-20 minutes depending on the speed of your computer.

When complete your phone will restart providing you left it Auto Reboot checked. When it starts to reboot it is safe to unplug from the computer. If it takes more than 5 minutes to boot. Pull the battery out and re install it. Go into stock recovery (Press volume UP, power and home buttons simultaneously and release all 3 as soon as you see the word Samsung on your screen. Once in stock recovery and choose factory reset. reboot the phone. Again it may take a few minutes on the 1st boot.

Stock Unrooted LJ7 JellyBean tar.

responsbility

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thankyou for the guide Skunkape60, I was able to revert my phone back to complete stock by following your guide.
Also, for users who have modded their msl, it is important that you change settings in msl back to stock before reverting or else you will experience a "no sim card" error.
Thankfully Skunkape and I were able to find that if you accept all of the OTA updates, your cdma "sim card" will eventually be re-identified and you can configure the msl settings correctly.
THANKYOU SKUNKAPE!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Thankyou for the guide Skunkape60, I was able to revert my phone back to complete stock by following your guide.
Also, for users who have modded their msl, it is important that you change settings in msl back to stock before reverting or else you will experience a "no sim card" error.
Thankfully Skunkape and I were able to find that if you accept all of the OTA updates, your cdma "sim card" will eventually be re-identified and you can configure the msl settings correctly.
THANKYOU SKUNKAPE!

We all get lucky sometimes. :D

dadavises

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

How long does it take the phone to reboot? Should it stay on the Samsung banner for awhile?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

How long does it take the phone to reboot? Should it stay on the Samsung banner for awhile?

If it stays more than 10 minutes, it needs a reset.
1. remove and reinstall the battery.
2. Boot into stock recovery. (Volume up, power and home simultaneously and release as soon as you see Samsung on your screen.
3. Choose factory reset.
4. Reboot.

It will now work.

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Here's a one file one flash method to return to stock. This will return you phone to a

stock unrooted state without removing your apps or data. .

uh.. I did this. It worked fine as far as unrooting but it also WIPED clean the internal card and removed all apps and data!! I followed instructions to a T

aka_deno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

So what do we do if we get the "no sim" error. I was rooted with CWM and used your walkthrough to go back to stock 4.0.4 and hopefully get the OTA jelly bean. It loaded up and was having all kinds of issue as it seemed like all my apps and data were still there. So i rebooted help vol up, home, power did a factory wipe. and now it reboots saying "no sim detected"

and still on 4.0.4 Any suggestions?

aka_deno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

So what do we do if we get the "no sim" error. I was rooted with CWM and used your walkthrough to go back to stock 4.0.4 and hopefully get the OTA jelly bean. It loaded up and was having all kinds of issue as it seemed like all my apps and data were still there. So i rebooted help vol up, home, power did a factory wipe. and now it reboots saying "no sim detected"

and still on 4.0.4 Any suggestions?

Nevermind, i got the OTA update a few minutes after booting up, so now i dont get the no sim issue; but even after installing updates and restarting 2 or 3 times it says 4.0.4 and NOT 4.1. Not sure why, but gonna run it for the night and see if it gets any other updates.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Nevermind, i got the OTA update a few minutes after booting up, so now i dont get the no sim issue; but even after installing updates and restarting 2 or 3 times it says 4.0.4 and NOT 4.1. Not sure why, but gonna run it for the night and see if it gets any other updates.

Depending on which one you installed. There are two files one ics file you should get around 4 updates before reaching jelly bean.

Or the 2nd file which will return you to stock jellybean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae