[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Nevermind, i got the OTA update a few minutes after booting up, so now i dont get the no sim issue; but even after installing updates and restarting 2 or 3 times it says 4.0.4 and NOT 4.1. Not sure why, but gonna run it for the night and see if it gets any other updates.

The sim card issue is because you had a modified MSL. See below...

Thankyou for the guide Skunkape60, I was able to revert my phone back to complete stock by following your guide.
Also, for users who have modded their msl, it is important that you change settings in msl back to stock before reverting or else you will experience a "no sim card" error.
Thankfully Skunkape and I were able to find that if you accept all of the OTA updates, your cdma "sim card" will eventually be re-identified and you can configure the msl settings correctly.
THANKYOU SKUNKAPE!

briand011

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I guess the process in Thread 1 is best if I want to keep my data and update, correct?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, I guess the process in Thread 1 is best if I want to keep my data and update, correct?

If you are trying to return to stock and coming from any version LG8 or later you will lose everything not on sdcard or external sdcard. So apps and account data will need to be re-entered.

What exactly are you trying to do? If you are wanting to update to jellybean you are posting on the wrong thread. Go to thread... If you are rooted use method in post #5.

Your Way to update
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=218901

IsrAndroid

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted to ask, has anyone tried this and had any problems?

I decided to this today since it is thanksgiving and I have some time, I followed everything and it went exactly as described by you (thx) but once it rebooted it just never came off the "Samsung" screen, so after about 30 min. I turned it off and back on and again I could not get it past the Samsung splash scree. So I flashed it again (I still have download) and the samething happened, I'm still at that samsung screen.
I really need my phone for work tomorrow...any ideas? Plz, plz, plz help!!!

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I read thru the thread and followed the steps just to run into a problem at the end with "Complete(Write) operation failed. <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)" It had been over 20 minutes so I exited ODIN and tried to boot into stock recovery. Nope - stuck in a Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. I read in another thread to keep the USB connected - did not help. So now what? Current Binary is Samsung official (yay!) but it is stuck and Kies is in maintenance mode.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I read thru the thread and followed the steps just to run into a problem at the end with "Complete(Write) operation failed. <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)" It had been over 20 minutes so I exited ODIN and tried to boot into stock recovery. Nope - stuck in a Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. I read in another thread to keep the USB connected - did not help. So now what? Current Binary is Samsung official (yay!) but it is stuck and Kies is in maintenance mode.

Are your drivers installed?

Which return to stock did you flash? Jellybean or ICS?

Do you have a sprint phone?

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I installed the drivers before I began and tried returning to ICS. And yes, I am on the sprint network.
Was really hoping this would have went smoother!

I tried the Odin again and got:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Added!!
Been here now over 15 minutes and nothing has advanced. :(

Are your drivers installed?

Which return to stock did you flash? Jellybean or ICS?

Do you have a sprint phone?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I installed the drivers before I began and tried returning to ICS. And yes, I am on the sprint network.
Was really hoping this would have went smoother!

I tried the Odin again and got:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Added!!
Been here now over 15 minutes and nothing has advanced. :(

Are you in Download Mode? See below....
Does Odin have com and a number in the "ID: Com" Block"?

counts.jpg

Odin%20Start.jpg

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I am not in Download Mode. I could not get out of "stuck in a Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" but the battery finally died (even when I shut down it would open again in the same place). I charged overnight and have been running around today. Turned on my phone and I have now had the Galaxy SIII splash across my screen for a few hours. Not sure what changed.
Also, yes, I did have a numberin the "ID: Com" Block when I was in Odin mode. I beleive it was either an 006 or 005.

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I followed #154 above and seemed to go well. But now seem to be stuck on Galaxy S3 splash screen again. Wish I hadn't smashed my 1st phone and needed to buy a used. Wouldn't be trying to figure out something I am very new at.

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Thanks - yes, I was when I first started all this. While in Odin I kept failing then finally after maybe 35 minutes exited out since nothing was happening. I am at a point where I can shut down my phone so I am going to try to get into Download mode again and try again.

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

How long before something shows up in ID:COM ? At what point do I exit becasue my phone isn't being recognized? When I did this last night I thought it saw my phone pretty quick.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

How long before something shows up in ID:COM ? At what point do I exit becasue my phone isn't being recognized? When I did this last night I thought it saw my phone pretty quick.

In this order:
1. Try turning off your phone.
2. Disconnecting it from the computer.
3. Restarting your computer.
4.Start Odin
5. Check the pda block
6. Browse to the return to stock file
7. Put phone in download mode
8. Plug in your phone.
9. Look for com and any number in the id com
10. Then start button

Note: this file well take 8-15 minutes to finish.

Your phone will automatically restart when done.

11. Pull out the cable and wait. If it does on Samsung screen more than 10 minutes, remove and reinstall battery.

12. Go into recovery mode. Volume up, power and home simultaneously. As soon as you see Samsung on the screen release all 3 buttons.

13. In recovery choose factory reset..
14. Restart phone.

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

OK - I did steps thru to 10. Then I got hung up again. It is still connected and I haven't stoped anything but there is an FAIL in red in the first box above ID:COM then below are lines of script with the last two:
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

This is where it got hung up last time. I got that all drives were updated, had no trouble getting into download mode and setting up Odin as told.
Now what?

Looking in other threads there are comments about using the USB ports in the back of the computer and making sure the battery is out of the phone. Did not read that here - will this make a difference? Also, if someone has advice on how to get unstuck please let me know first how to get out of the download screen. Thanks.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Re-download the file it may be corrupted.

Which file are you flashing in odin? "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip" or "COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip"

One more question. The file you're flashing does it end in .zip?
It should end in .md5...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza