[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

I am flashing \Desktop\UNROOT GS3\COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and not the .zip file. I will download and try again. How do I safely get out of the Download screen? Thank You.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I am flashing \Desktop\UNROOT GS3\COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and not the .zip file. I will download and try again. How do I safely get out of the Download screen? Thank You.

You can pull the battery... It's by far the easiest.

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

that is easy enough!

I did have to start this over once I tried to try again - seems even the slightest delay in getting the phone into download and connecting and Odin would end and not even try to recognize my phone. But if I got the phone ready then opened the tar file then connected my phone it would recognize it almost immediately. At which point I hit start. So I am waiting to see if it gets caught up again. Redownloaded the JB stock and the Odin zip. So everything newly installed. Hope third time is a charm!

Last edited:

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

So I failed again:

<ID:0/005> __XmitData_Read ..
<ID:0/005> XmitData Fail..
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I am starting to freak a little that my wonderful phone is messed beyond repair. The instructions look so easy.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

So I failed again:

<ID:0/005> __XmitData_Read ..
<ID:0/005> XmitData Fail..
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I am starting to freak a little that my wonderful phone is messed beyond repair. The instructions look so easy.

Why are you wanting to go back to stock anyway?

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I am not comfortable enough with my lack of knowledge of all things root to know what I am doing with a rooted phone. The phone came with SuperUser and I don't even know what to do with it. I keep getting the OTA for JB and can't get it, at least not the easy way. I have no time as it is, I just want to have a plain phone that works and takes its updates. I know, lame. But with my life easy is best right now.
I have gone to my laptop and put Odin and the JB stock file on. Just rebooted and will try on here. Wouldnt be the first time my desktop has caused me pain and suffering. After this I don't know what I will do. But thank you for checking in on me!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I am not comfortable enough with my lack of knowledge of all things root to know what I am doing with a rooted phone. The phone came with SuperUser and I don't even know what to do with it. I keep getting the OTA for JB and can't get it, at least not the easy way. I have no time as it is, I just want to have a plain phone that works and takes its updates. I know, lame. But with my life easy is best right now.
I have gone to my laptop and put Odin and the JB stock file on. Just rebooted and will try on here. Wouldnt be the first time my desktop has caused me pain and suffering. After this I don't know what I will do. But thank you for checking in on me!!

Let me know if the laptop works...

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

So that didn't work. 2 nights in a row up way too late. So I have a S3 with a shattered screen and one that right now is a big ole brick. I need sleep, a clear head, and an idea of what is/went wrong.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

So that didn't work. 2 nights in a row up way too late. So I have a S3 with a shattered screen and one that right now is a big ole brick. I need sleep, a clear head, and an idea of what is/went wrong.

Did you buy this already rooted?

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I bought this rooted. Has SuperUser on it - when I researched what that was and why it didn't go away when I hard reset the phone I learned about rooting. No big deal until I started getting the JB update but couldn't download. More research and, well, here I am!

My phone is now stuck on the "... select recovery mode in Kies ..." screen. I have been stuck here before and got back into download mode, ut not via Kies becasue Kies does not recognize my phone.

Do you think you can help me get any form of my phone back (rooted or not)? Seems to be stuck in limbo.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I bought this rooted. Has SuperUser on it - when I researched what that was and why it didn't go away when I hard reset the phone I learned about rooting. No big deal until I started getting the JB update but couldn't download. More research and, well, here I am!

My phone is now stuck on the "... select recovery mode in Kies ..." screen. I have been stuck here before and got back into download mode, ut not via Kies becasue Kies does not recognize my phone.

Do you think you can help me get any form of my phone back (rooted or not)? Seems to be stuck in limbo.

I've never seen select recovery mode in kies so I don't know what you did. I will get someone I know to look at this thread and see if he can help you.

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I've never seen select recovery mode in kies so I don't know what you did. I will get someone I know to look at this thread and see if he can help you.

If I can get back into download mode I guess try again? The only thing I haven't changed is the cable. Different computer, dowloaded the Odin and stock files multiple times. I will see if 1) I can get into download mode and 2) if I can get my hands on another USB cable.
I am guessing trying to download again can't hurt, right?

ChknLady

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

HOLY COW!! I got it to work!! 48 hours and at least 8 tries later I am back with a working, and updated, phone! At one point I tried a factory reset so I now need to bring everything back onto my phone but that's OK!
Actually, there were many who posted to this thread that needed to do a reset after - I did not. Got the successfully updated message, it shut off, then came back on asking if I had a Google account. Wonderful! Must have been the extra prayers I said at church today! Actually, the ONLY THING DIFFERENT was I used a different USB cable.
Thank you to everyone, especially Skunkape, for their words of wisdom.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I am very pleased.. I sent you a pm offering to it try and do it for you remotely. I guess we won't need any of that... again I am very glad you got this to work. I don't take it well when I can't help with this type of thing.

K00l Br33z3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

I was having issues with my device freezing so I attempted an unroot. Now it will not get past the samsung screen and has a blue light flashing on the LED.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I was having issues with my device freezing so I attempted an unroot. Now it will not get past the samsung screen and has a blue light flashing on the LED.

If it hangs on the Samsung screen, boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset. I will add a note to the instructions.... ;)

K00l Br33z3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

It seems I'm in quite the bind. I got nuthin. Either way, I'm hanging on to that same screen and blue light.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

It seems I'm in quite the bind. I got nuthin. Either way, I'm hanging on to that same screen and blue light.

One more time. Turn off phone. Boot into RECOVERY. volume UP, power and home buttons simultaneously. As soon as you see the word samsung on the screen release all the buttons. using the volume up and down to navigate. select factory reset from the menu. then press the power buttons to activate your selection. Then confirm your choice. when complete restart phone an you will be fine.