[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

K00l Br33z3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

I'm not getting that screen. I'm getting the one with the smaller letters. The only factory reset option is the wipe.

K00l Br33z3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying to unroot. But I tried to root to see if it would allow my to unroot. When I first did the unroot, my battery fell out when I was disconnecting the cable from my laptop so I was thinking that may have been what caused the Samsung screen to freeze.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm trying to unroot. But I tried to root to see if it would allow my to unroot. When I first did the unroot, my battery fell out when I was disconnecting the cable from my laptop so I was thinking that may have been what caused the Samsung screen to freeze.

When it freezes on samsung, boot into recovery. It should look like this

stock%20recovery.jpg

Choose wipe data/factory reset restart your phone and it will boot. it might take longer the 1st time so be patient.

MrSpiffdifilous

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Currently rooted using stock ICS ROM with CWM. I'm not able to install OTA updates. Can I flash the JB version you linked to go straight to that or do I have to flash the ICS stock again and then do the OTA update?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Currently rooted using stock ICS ROM with CWM. I'm not able to install OTA updates. Can I flash the JB version you linked to go straight to that or do I have to flash the ICS stock again and then do the OTA update?

If you are Rooted and have custom recovery this is for you. If you don't want to lose data or apps just skip the wipe data part and it will be just like getting an update except when you're done you will still have root and cwm. Remember to flash the firmware/modem first.

This is the Full Stock LJ7 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.
Please thank freeza in his xda rthread.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

LJ7 Full Odexed Version

LJ7 Full DeOdexed Version

LJ7 Firmware

coryjame

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

Had a quick question, I was rooted then someone **cough wife cough** was playing around on my phone and choose to accept the ota update which of course locked the bootloader and unrooted the phone. How awesome I know, but my question is if I use this to bring back everything to the stock firmware that came with my phone will it bring back the original bootloader again or am i sol until this one gets cracked. I tried rerooting the phone through odin but no luck

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

1. It's very unusual for the OTAs to work on these phones when they are rooted.
2. What versions are you on now.
3. What is your phone model?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Had a quick question, I was rooted then someone **cough wife cough** was playing around on my phone and choose to accept the ota update which of course locked the bootloader and unrooted the phone. How awesome I know, but my question is if I use this to bring back everything to the stock firmware that came with my phone will it bring back the original bootloader again or am i sol until this one gets cracked. I tried rerooting the phone through odin but no luck

Yes this will flag the stock firmware and recovery back to factory. There are 2 firmwares in the op. Use the jellybean tar so you won't have to do all the updates.

coryjame

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I did everything like I was supposed to and got everything back to the stock firmware, ran odin and put custom recovery and tried to run the su zip but when I go to update the binary in su it tries to root and says FAIL any ideas? DC i am on version 4.1.1 modle is sph-l710

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I did everything like I was supposed to and got everything back to the stock firmware, ran odin and put custom recovery and tried to run the su zip but when I go to update the binary in su it tries to root and says FAIL any ideas? DC i am on version 4.1.1 modle is sph-l710

Which superuser are you flashing? It should be "team_epic_root_from_recovery".

I have an idea. After flashing team epic root from recovery in cwm, do not try to update the binaries. Instead go to the playstore and install chainfires SuperSU. Then go to system apps and delete superuser.

coryjame

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

thanks for all the advice it really helped me out. I got my phone rooted once again *sigh of relief* you guys are great thank you

mbe575s

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I did this and now my phone is really slow and it says sprint optimizer has stopped working and it says there is no SIM card!!!! It wont do the updates from sprint either. What do I need to do? PS this is the 3rd time i reflashed it and it does the same thing.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I did this and now my phone is really slow and it says sprint optimizer has stopped working and it says there is no SIM card!!!! It wont do the updates from sprint either. What do I need to do? PS this is the 3rd time i reflashed it and it does the same thing.

Did you retain to stock ics?. Do the return to stock jellybean.

pjacobs76

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

If you are Rooted and have custom recovery this is for you. If you don't want to lose data or apps just skip the wipe data part and it will be just like getting an update except when you're done you will still have root and cwm. Remember to flash the firmware/modem first.

This is the Full Stock LJ7 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.
Please thank freeza in his xda rthread.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

LJ7 Full Odexed Version

LJ7 Full DeOdexed Version

LJ7 Firmware

So this is stock JB pre-rooted? Does it matter what version I'm coming from to flash this? I have a custom deodex JB ROM, and I want to go to stock odex JB. Do I just flash the firmware then the odex zip file, or will I have to use the unrooting method on page one of this thread?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

So this is stock JB pre-rooted? Does it matter what version I'm coming from to flash this? I have a custom deodex JB ROM, and I want to go to stock odex JB. Do I just flash the firmware then the odex zip file, or will I have to use the unrooting method on page one of this thread?

If you are rooted with custom recovery the files you are quoting are pre rooted stock JB (for sprint only) and can be flashed from any version. Just be sure you flash the LJ7 firmware first. It has caused issues in very few phones if flashed after the rom. If your phone already has LJ7 radio then flashing the firmware it is not needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax