[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

gorealmighty

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

pulled my ass out of the fire man. Ive been fighting with CM10 since roughly 9pm est. couple of guys over at XDA said "baaaah just flash over it, no worries" I'll be damned! got stuck in a boot loop a handful of times, my only saving grace was the nandroid backup I had presence of mind to make this evening (stil cm10 though) I'll make sure to make a nandroid of the stock recovery when I flash again.

christopher0724

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS. This fixed my issue with "SIM Card Not Inserted Error" that I was racking my brains about. Now I just have to search for a fix with my network showing Sprint then no service then Sprint again then searching for service, etc..

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Skunk. Yet another question. After reading your last post you sent to me on another thread on how to root I wanted to start all over and do it again to get a better understanding of the process. UnRooting was a breeze, for I did everything you said and it took me less than a half hour. After it rebooted my computer cannot recognize the ID of my phone. I have been messing with the drivers all afternoon and into the evening. Installing the drivers takes a lot of time. Sometimes there is no ID, other times it recognizes my phone but when I open it it doesn't have any contents. When it does recognize the device and shows both phone and sd card Odin wont accept recovery.tar to flash as specified in your other thread.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Skunk. Yet another question. After reading your last post you sent to me on another thread on how to root I wanted to start all over and do it again to get a better understanding of the process. UnRooting was a breeze, for I did everything you said and it took me less than a half hour. After it rebooted my computer cannot recognize the ID of my phone. I have been messing with the drivers all afternoon and into the evening. Installing the drivers takes a lot of time. Sometimes there is no ID, other times it recognizes my phone but when I open it it doesn't have any contents. When it does recognize the device and shows both phone and sd card Odin wont accept recovery.tar to flash as specified in your other thread.

Your problem sounds like Windows updated your drivers through Windows update.

You have to first go my computer properties and tell Windows to never update drivers. Then remove the drivers and reinstall them.

If you reboot the computer and your device is found and then disconnect it. The next time it won't work until you reboot the computer again. That is a sure sign that Windows updated your drivers.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Your problem sounds like Windows updated your drivers through Windows update.

You have to first go my computer properties and tell Windows to never update drivers. Then remove the drivers and reinstall them.

If you reboot the computer and your device is found and then disconnect it. The next time it won't work until you reboot the computer again. That is a sure sign that Windows updated your drivers.

Wow. I spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out and I finally was able to root again. I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to why there was no ID. I did tell windows to never update drivers, and when I reboot my computer I get a notification verifying that I did so. It was hit and miss. I found if you switch to camera then back to media device SOMETIMES it works. And for whatever reason recovery.tar.md5 wasn't working in Odin. I had about seven downloads of it. I kept trying them all and the original one finally worked again. Thanks Skunk.

Last edited:

demonacm50

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Ok. So I need some help. Tried to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 for Sprint and the download ran like it said it would on the site I used, but when I finished it was a black screen with a blue led. Scared the s%^& out of me. Root checker said it wasn't rooted as well as Busy Box and on the download screen it shows 4 flashes and custom binary, so now I would like to put it back to stock. I was trying to follow your directions, but could not get Triangle Away to work since my phone truely isn't rooted. I was able to restore my phone from a backup, but now it shows custom and I also now have Superuser app on my phone that I cannot get rid of. PLEASE, please help. Not very savy with this whole rooting thing and am freaked out. Ill leave the smart stuff to you guys and just have a generic phone.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I need some help. Tried to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 for Sprint and the download ran like it said it would on the site I used, but when I finished it was a black screen with a blue led. Scared the s%^& out of me. Root checker said it wasn't rooted as well as Busy Box and on the download screen it shows 4 flashes and custom binary, so now I would like to put it back to stock. I was trying to follow your directions, but could not get Triangle Away to work since my phone truely isn't rooted. I was able to restore my phone from a backup, but now it shows custom and I also now have Superuser app on my phone that I cannot get rid of. PLEASE, please help. Not very savy with this whole rooting thing and am freaked out. Ill leave the smart stuff to you guys and just have a generic phone.

It sounds as if you let the phone reboot before flashing team epic root from recovery in recovery.

You must deselect the Auto reboot in Odin. You must pull the battery and unplug your phone when Odin completes. Then replace your battery and boot directly into recovery and flash team epic root from recovery. There are directions in the op on how to boot into recovery.

Use this method to root. It's hard to troubleshoot when you say you used a guide posted in a different site.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=203615

demonacm50

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have never done this before nor do I want to try again. Im trying to trace my steps to find the link I used. The download I was given is Samsung GS3 Qcom Toolkit. I remember something about Snapdragon (not sure why). Please bear with me, Im not as tech savy as yourself, but Im not a complete idiot (yet). Any help you can give me to undo this is more than appreciated! I tried first to root using Android Authority website for the L710 s3 with CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip file and clockwork mod. Didn't work so I found the second one that caused the issue.

demonacm50

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have never done this before nor do I want to try again. Im trying to trace my steps to find the link I used. The download I was given is Samsung GS3 Qcom Toolkit. I remember something about Snapdragon (not sure why). Please bear with me, Im not as tech savy as yourself, but Im not a complete idiot (yet). Any help you can give me to undo this is more than appreciated! I tried first to root using Android Authority website for the L710 s3 with CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip file and clockwork mod. Didn't work so I found the second one that caused the issue.
I found it!!!! The site was theandroidrom.com. I followed their info on rooting. Wish I never got this idea in my head. Should've listened to gramps "If it aint broke, don't fix it!).

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I found it!!!! The site was theandroidrom.com. I followed their info on rooting. Wish I never got this idea in my head. Should've listened to gramps "If it aint broke, don't fix it!).

The only way to use triangle away is by rooting your phone. Use the guide I linked before. It should be a piece of cake to root. Then you can use triangle away and go back to stock.

demonacm50

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to keep buggin. Went to follow your link and got a bit confused. I downloaded the updated file you created with the cwm recovery. Do I still need the team epic one?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers