[GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much, I was having a bunch of wierd issues trying to follow other guides, This one worked incredibly. I really like the polished CWM Version 6.0.1.2.

No problem. I enjoy helping out when I can and this subject happens to be an area of strength for me.

EazilyAmuzed

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks. Nobody has asked how to root after just how to keep their root. Guess i better just root my phone instead of putting it off to another day lol. Ill use your instruction on how to root on this thread after work tonight. Thanks again

amf.cellblock

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
AHHHHHHHH I have spent 30 hrs striaght trying to find out how to Root this GS3 now I follow all the steps they all seem to be the same... the issue I am having is I get a FAIL every time in Odin and my Device says jin RED UNSUPPORT DEV_TYPE

every time... the Binary Counter still says no... and nothing else changes... someone jhelp with a fix... there is nothing online with this issue.... lol Much Love..

---------- Post Merged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

HELPO OHHHH Wise one.... nothing online about this issue yet... 30 Hrs dedicated to it Thus far...

Brand New out the box SG3 running 4.04 stock and has the LG8 build on it.. not sure if an update was put on it.. but I have followed every rooting thread thus far I could find.. and every time I send the CWM from Odin I get a fail... and my Device reads.... Unsupport DEV_TYPE in red... and I get a colorful FAIL message.. I have used 3.04 and 3.07 odins... so far nothing works.. I have used all three usb ports.. I have installed the drivers.. the only thing I noticed with my drivers is the Bluetooth driver fails.. everytime.. but all others go just fine.. It does search and us the windows update for the drivers.. not sure if this is the issue.. or not.. do I need to shut of Windows Update? but it is not working.. thanks so much in advance....

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
AHHHHHHHH I have spent 30 hrs striaght trying to find out how to Root this GS3 now I follow all the steps they all seem to be the same... the issue I am having is I get a FAIL every time in Odin and my Device says jin RED UNSUPPORT DEV_TYPE

every time... the Binary Counter still says no... and nothing else changes... someone jhelp with a fix... there is nothing online with this issue.... lol Much Love..

---------- Post Merged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

HELPO OHHHH Wise one.... nothing online about this issue yet... 30 Hrs dedicated to it Thus far...

Brand New out the box SG3 running 4.04 stock and has the LG8 build on it.. not sure if an update was put on it.. but I have followed every rooting thread thus far I could find.. and every time I send the CWM from Odin I get a fail... and my Device reads.... Unsupport DEV_TYPE in red... and I get a colorful FAIL message.. I have used 3.04 and 3.07 odins... so far nothing works.. I have used all three usb ports.. I have installed the drivers.. the only thing I noticed with my drivers is the Bluetooth driver fails.. everytime.. but all others go just fine.. It does search and us the windows update for the drivers.. not sure if this is the issue.. or not.. do I need to shut of Windows Update? but it is not working.. thanks so much in advance....

I would uninstall the drivers. Reboot the computer. Download and install the drivers in the op of this thread (do not plug your device in until it's complete). Plug in the device. As stated in the op, all the drivers must be installed correctly (this includes the usb drivers) or you will have issues. There was someone else on xda that had the same issue. Ended up being Windows not completely removing his old drivers. I will see what I can dig up when I get off work tonight. But I can tell you it is a driver issue.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
when I try to boot into download mode, my phone just turns off. I am able to turn it back on with no problem. I tried download mode three times, but I just keeps turning off. Any advice?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
when I try to boot into download mode, my phone just turns off. I am able to turn it back on with no problem. I tried download mode three times, but I just keeps turning off. Any advice?

Are you starting with the phone turned off or on? Turn off your phone. When it's completely shut down. Press and hold volume down, power and home.

IsrAndroid

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Please Help!

I put my phone in dowload mode and connected after following all previous steps, and it is just stuck in download mode and the ID:COM box is not detecting anything...how do I get it out of downling to try it again....and ...am I doing something wrong? I just don't want to break it

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Please Help!

I put my phone in dowload mode and connected after following all previous steps, and it is just stuck in download mode and the ID:COM box is not detecting anything...how do I get it out of downling to try it again....and ...am I doing something wrong? I just don't want to break it

Relax... press and hold the power button. It will turn off. Or you can just pull the battery.. try a different cable, try a different port. Or your drivers are not properly installed. One of those reasons are the culprit.

IsrAndroid

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man...I had to reinstall all of kies and run it and shut it off just to make sure all the drivers were spot on and it worked. After that it was a piece of cake. Thanks for all you did !

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Great work on the tutorial.
Process cant be easier.

Does the "Team Epic Root From Recovery" file work for LI3 also?
Just for those out there wondering.