[GUIDE] How to Flash in Custom Recovery

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes... This is an issue with all recoveries. I will let you know how to rename the backups when I get off work. There are certain requirements in the name you must follow.

Hey Skunkape...have u been able to address this? As always, greatly appreciate you help !!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Skunkape...have u been able to address this? As always, greatly appreciate you help !!

Lol... I have. Just not in this thread..

To rename the backups go to the cwm folder / Backups hold press and hold the file you want to rename choose rename from the menu. Name it what you want but you can't have any spaces in the name.

Example: 12Dec2012_Wicked_Sensations

aznwond3r

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi I recently flashed the LiquidSmooth Jellybean 4.2 ROM on my s3 and after i flashed it i hit reboot but it only loads to the samsung screen and then just powers off and repeats this over and over. It vibrates when it turns on then it never gets past the samsung screen.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi I recently flashed the LiquidSmooth Jellybean 4.2 ROM on my s3 and after i flashed it i hit reboot but it only loads to the samsung screen and then just powers off and repeats this over and over. It vibrates when it turns on then it never gets past the samsung screen.
Did you factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache?

aznwond3r

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay when i first flashed turns out i forgot to flash gapps... I restored my phone to stock and will retry with a new nandroid backup and this time flash both the rom and gapps before rebooting. I downloaded (what i believe to be) an updated version of the ROM. I will retry and post my results.

aznwond3r

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I did all of those... after some research on where i got the ROM it turns out i needed to install another kernel..... I was recommended KTZ's 4.2 Kernel and right now I am about to reboot to test to see if it will load the new ROM.

aznwond3r

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I did all of those... after some research on where i got the ROM it turns out i needed to install another kernel..... I was recommended KTZ's 4.2 Kernel and right now I am about to reboot to test to see if it will load the new ROM.

alright im stressin out... still getting this bootloop after ive done everything i was told.... including the gapps and kernel flashes nothing changes.

edit: okay i am an idiot. I noticed i actually downloaded the ATT kernel not the SPRINT one. Ill retry everything with after flashing the SPRINT Kernel

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
alright im stressin out... still getting this bootloop after ive done everything i was told.... including the gapps and kernel flashes nothing changes.

edit: okay i am an idiot. I noticed i actually downloaded the ATT kernel not the SPRINT one. Ill retry everything with after flashing the SPRINT Kernel

Good luck tell us how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

aznwond3r

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
s how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Everything worked out after the kernel swap from ATT to SPRINT. After playing with the ROM a little I decided I liked touchwiz a lot better so I swapped to the FreeGS3 ROM/TouchWiz Recov and it made flashing and installing much easier. I used this guide every step of the way. Thank you so much for making it usable for all levels!

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i have a galaxy s4 i545. i have downloaded the xda zip file for volume increase and also have flashify and rom manager. i have put the volume zip on my sd card but when i try to locate the zipped file via rom manager or flashify, the zip file is missing. yet when i access my file manager, the zip file is there. can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to successfully flash said xda volume increase using either rom manager or flashify. i have tried to follow the instructions here but my device is lacking th menus cited and i am really confused and irritated. any help this community would give me would be greatly appreciated. just, please, i am a noob with this tech so please take the time to explain. thank you so much again!

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Skunkape60, thanks for this post very informative and easy to follow. I have a question for you, I have a gs3 4.4.2 for sprint and I am not sure which recovery should I use, is the cwm 6. 0.4.5? and the same superuser posted on the how to root guide? Thanks!

UPDATE,
Uploaded superuser v2 from gs3root and I am rooted now, thanks for all the help.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams