Help my Sprint Galaxy S3 is completely DEAD after flashing new ROM!!!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
And never flash a GSM ROM to a USA phone. :eek:

lmao, is that what the op has done???
..sorry for laughing, i know well the state of panic youre in but i think youll get it fixed. have you posted on the site you got the rom from? (im guessing XDA?)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It is like people are waiting till someone gets it right then they will atempt to root it.

rooting is pretty foolproof, its flashing firmware onto your ?500 gadget thats taking a bit of a risk ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
lmao, is that what the op has done???
..sorry for laughing, i know well the state of panic youre in but i think youll get it fixed. have you posted on the site you got the rom from? (im guessing XDA?)

yep thats exactly what I did, i flashed Omega International ROM to my Sprint GS3. I kind of hesitated hitting the NEXT button but I did it anyway i didnt think it would go that far. We become expert by learning from our mistakes, Bwahahaha now I know one way to kill a Galaxy.
Btw I am not panicking I still have my iphone 4, i just like having the S3 around as a toy.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
youve lost my sympathy lol :p

dont give up on the s3 though.... it is a pretty hot "toy" ;)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
youve lost my sympathy lol :p

dont give up on the s3 though.... it is a pretty hot "toy" ;)

LOL, I just got it and I really like it, I will fix it if its fixable. I like to play with electronics, i just didnt think the S3 could be killed so easily. I found a company name MOBILEVIDEOTECH they say they can fix it for 60$ I am gonna send it to them.

Last edited:

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
... And this is why I'm scared to death of rooting/flashing custom roms, being so new to android.

I guess this would be a good time to use the OP as an example of what not to do when considering to root your phone ( no disrespect to Op) just hoping that others who are contemplating rooting learn from this posters mistakes.
The reason this person is in this predicament is:
1. Only flash ROMS for carrier specific devices. This is posted in BIG RED letters on every forum I visit including this one (Roms are carrier specific).
2. Mistake #2 is not making a Nandroid, and having multiple backups in different locations.
3. Follow the instructions when flashing ROMS, Read, reread, then read again, then finally read one last time to make sure you know the procedure.
***Make sure you have a fully charged battery.

TBH, it is really difficult to brick a phone if you follow directions.

Again, sorry for your predicament (OP) I hope you get it sorted and learn from your mistake. Know that your situation may prevent others from doing the same.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
If this is the same thing I read earlier today on XDA, the OP can't get much from XDA because I think he was a bit frustrated when he posted there and they didn't take kindly to it. I could be wrong though, this may be another person who bricked theirs too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oops lol.... i dont use XDA as i find them stuck up.... if you asked them for help you should really have kissed their ass (then showered) :p

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I just got it and I really like it, I will fix it if its fixable. I like to play with electronics, i just didnt think the S3 could be killed so easily. I found a company name MOBILEVIDEOTECH they say they can fix it for 60$ I am gonna send it to them.
My understanding is that ANY phone can be killed if you put the wrong operating system on it. This is not anything special for the S3. Personally I think you have your definitions reversed though. To me, the iPhone 4 would be the toy.

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that ANY phone can be killed if you put the wrong operating system on it. This is not anything special for the S3. Personally I think you have your definitions reversed though. To me, the iPhone 4 would be the toy.
I agree with you on that, the iphone 4 will be my toy when i fix my GS3. I have been an iphone user since 2007 im just making the switch to android now so I was just playing with the S3 to see if i like it.
....and no it was not me on XDA

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeh same i only ever hear the bad stories on here lol

this is why everyone should read the instructions 3 times and then follow them to the latter. especialy check the "checksums" to make sure the file isnt corrupt before you flash it

primebeatz

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Before I flashed anything or even rooted I watched QBkings videos like 73 times and read and re-read the how-tos like 17 times. Hopefully you can fix your phone without paying anybody

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey... Sorry to read about this. Don't know how I missed it for 2 days. Good luck.

I really don't mean to sound like a broken record but it isn't only international versus US versions that you can't flash. You also can't flash a US Sprint rom on a US AT&T gs3. As posted earlier in this thread, Roms are also carrier specific.

I have done something here on Android Central Sprint Galaxy S3 forums that seems pretty unique and I find it fairly hard to believe that it isn't done on all the forums. We have a database of all the current ROM's that is specific to the sprint galaxy s3. Again, before you flash a rom, look to see if it is on the list. If it is, then that means it's good to flash. If it's not and you think it should be, post it in the thread. I will check it out. If it's ok, I will add it to the list.

While we all want to have fun with our phones, I take it upon myself to try and make it as mistake free as possible. If you are not sure of what your doing and want a guide, just ask. I will try and get one out.

Again, I'm sorry to read about your phone. I hope it turns out well for you.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Alrightttttttt it is out for repair. I brought it to 2 local shops and they had no idea what a JTAG fix was, so my only option left was to send it to mobiletech. I will post the result when i get it back tho.
Thank y'all for trying to help.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey... Sorry to read about this. Don't know how I missed it for 2 days. Good luck.

I really don't mean to sound like a broken record but it isn't only international versus US versions that you can't flash. You also can't flash a US Sprint rom on a US AT&T gs3. As posted earlier in this thread, Roms are also carrier specific.

I have done something here on Android Central Sprint Galaxy S3 forums that seems pretty unique and I find it fairly hard to believe that it isn't done on all the forums. We have a database of all the current ROM's that is specific to the sprint galaxy s3. Again, before you flash a rom, look to see if it is on the list. If it is, then that means it's good to flash. If it's not and you think it should be, post it in the thread. I will check it out. If it's ok, I will add it to the list.

While we all want to have fun with our phones, I take it upon myself to try and make it as mistake free as possible. If you are not sure of what your doing and want a guide, just ask. I will try and get one out.

Again, I'm sorry to read about your phone. I hope it turns out well for you.

And that is why I made sure to get a rom that was posted by you in this site. I have been to xda, but their roms thread is not as organized as the one you provided for us here.

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Its alive... its alive I got my S3 back from MobileTechVideos and Its working as new. The guy did a great job and I am so happy i have my phone back, i will be more careful with it in teh future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance