[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

helipilotx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.3 [OFFICIAL] ROM

Hi, thanks all the the great work in this ROM

Is there a chance the the "Home Button" wake up issue gets fixed?

i.e.
When in an app or in a call and the phone gets to sleep and I press the home button it wakes up (good!) but then goes to the home screen.

This is rather annoying because some apps open not with one click again.

It should open and stay the last app rather then go to the home screen. (Like pushing the power button)

The home screen should come up only then when the phone is awake and you press the home button.

Thanks for everything!

Mike

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

i.e.
When in an app or in a call and the phone gets to sleep and I press the home button it wakes up (good!) but then goes to the home screen.

It should open and stay the last app rather then go to the home screen. (Like pushing the power button)

The home screen should come up only then when the phone is awake and you press the home button.

Thanks for everything!

Mike

You could change the setting in your launcher.....

Last edited:

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

You could change the setting in your launcher.....

Any idea where. I love this ROM but this button issue drives me crazy. I've been looking for months for a way to change it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Any idea where. I love this ROM but this button issue drives me crazy. I've been looking for months for a way to change it.

It depends on what launcher you're using. Or you can just do what most people do. Use the power button instead of the home button.

helipilotx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

There is no such thing in Apex or any other launcher I am aware of.

I had JellyBomb ROM before and it was working there without tweaking anything.

The launcher does determine the wake up process, the ROM does.

So, if you think it's the launcher take APEX (even pro-version) for an example and maybe specify the settings. I am sure you will not find one.

but surprise me :)

Thanks

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

There is no such thing in Apex or any other launcher I am aware of.

I had JellyBomb ROM before and it was working there without tweaking anything.

The launcher does determine the wake up process, the ROM does.

So, if you think it's the launcher take APEX (even pro-version) for an example and maybe specify the settings. I am sure you will not find one.

but surprise me :)

Thanks

SURPRISE... The Nova launcher in gestures and buttons menu. You can turn off home button = default screen. Then when you hit the home button it will only turn on your screen.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Pretty sure I've got the answer to the home button problem that's been bugging some users. I've been dealing with some other phone problems but this home button thing was also bugging me. If you are on a different page then the home screen and hav an app open, instead of just minimizing the app when the (home) button is pressed, it would minimize the app AND switch to the home screen. Didn't matter if the phone was awake or asleep. It was happening when using Touchwiz as the launcher. One of the things most of us probably do right away is disable the option to, "Open S Voice by double pressing the home key". By disabling that you eliminate the home button lag. The work around is actually to enable that feature. Not sure why the double tap feature of S Voice isn't working in wicked sensations. But for some reason, it is causing havoc with the home button. To fix it, open S Voice and then hit menu (soft key) to open the settings. Put a check mark in the "Open via the home key" box. That's it. Home key should work normally now. That's what worked for me, but ymmv.
If this helps anyone out, please post back here so the fix can be verified.

Last edited:

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

i.e.

Thanks for everything!

Mike

It's not a bug, its actually a Home button lag hack that also takes away the double tap to open S-voice. Its just the way I prefer to have my set-up. If you want the stock way then download the file below and flash in recovery. Let me know if this helps fix your issue. Its just the androidpolicy.jar without the hack. Hope it fixes your issue. If you have flashed the volume buttons to skip mod, it will also remove that mod as well.

Remove Home button lag hack - CLICK HERE

Nicole Gamble

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What is a "hot boot" in the RESTART menu of Wicked Sensations? :confused:

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

What is a "hot boot" in the RESTART menu of Wicked Sensations? :confused:

Its like a quick reboot cycle without going through the full boot cycle. I'm really not sure what the point of it is other than it reboots faster....lol. It's broken in the current and all previous versions, but I have it fixed if I ever get the update done.

helipilotx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

It's not a bug, its actually a Home button lag hack that also takes away the double tap to open S-voice. Its just the way I prefer to have my set-up. If you want the stock way then download the file below and flash in recovery. Let me know if this helps fix your issue. Its just the androidpolicy.jar without the hack. Hope it fixes your issue. If you have flashed the volume buttons to skip mod, it will also remove that mod as well.

Hi, thanks for the help.

I successfully flashed it in the recovery, but it's still the same.

Let's say I am in a call on hold or in any other app and the screen goes dark and now I push the home button it closes the app and goes to the home screen. (don't want this) What I like is to wake up the phone like the power button does it. (on the 1st push)

Skunkape60 suggested the Nova fix but this would disable the home button function completely. I like the button but go to the home screen only if the phone is awake

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Dam, I thought I was smart for coming up with a work around for this problem, but now I see it was by design, not a problem. Either way I love the rom. Much appreciation for all the work you put into this finely polished vessel of wickedness. Also for the continued support from yourself. And I can't mention support on this site without also mentioning Skunkape. I don't often post since I usually find what I need by reading other peoples posts, and and I've gotten some really useful info from both of you. You guys really help make this site an awesome online community, thank you.
I do have one question though, about a cool feature I truly miss every time I unlock the phone.
Is there a way to re-enable the ripple effect on the wicked lockscreen? EDIT - Nevermind this last question. Was in Kuban updater the whole time. :-[

Last edited:

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Dam, I thought I was smart for coming up with a work around for this problem, but now I see it was by design, not a problem. Either way I love the rom. Much appreciation for all the work you put into this finely polished vessel of wickedness. Also for the continued support from yourself. And I can't mention support on this site without also mentioning Skunkape. I don't often post since I usually find what I need by reading other peoples posts, and and I've gotten some really useful info from both of you. You guys really help make this site an awesome online community, thank you.
I do have one question though, about a cool feature I truly miss every time I unlock the phone.
Is there a way to re-enable the ripple effect on the wicked lockscreen? EDIT - Nevermind this last question. Was in Kuban updater the whole time. :-[

I appreciate your assistance. I guess I read wrong what he was wanting to do, but that's still a good fix for purely that want to remove the hack.

Whenever I get my update done I'll have the ripple effect added again. I personally don't like it, but know alot of people do.

Thanks for the kind words and have a great weekend.

Nicole Gamble

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I should stick with the regular restart until it's fixed, you get it uploaded & I install it...?

doc_mufasa

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Evening folks. I haven't said a word on this forum yet. I have just come over from apple land and have to say that I am enjoying the Android platform 10 times over. I have tried to learn and watched, did some reading, and slowly learned my way around.

Two things I wanted to say, first that this forum is a breath of fresh air. Some of the iphone forums are filled with wannabe fake forum gangters wanting to cuss each other out and act foolish. This is nice, especially since I am older.

Second, this rom is "bananas"! I have to say that Version 2.0 did what I didn't know was possible and that was topping 1.3. This is truly impressive. Dazed you have a beast on your hands here. Plus thank you for the effort you and Skunkape give to help folks out. Those who know the most aren't better than others, they just have been doing it longer. Sorry for the long post but for my first one I had to get my thanks out there. Peace and bacon grease

p.s. Dazed I owe you some Guinness Stout money for this!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Evening folks. I haven't said a word on this forum yet. I have just come over from apple land and have to say that I am enjoying the Android platform 10 times over. I have tried to learn and watched, did some reading, and slowly learned my way around.

Two things I wanted to say, first that this forum is a breath of fresh air. Some of the iphone forums are filled with wannabe fake forum gangters wanting to cuss each other out and act foolish. This is nice, especially since I am older.

Second, this rom is "bananas"! I have to say that Version 2.0 did what I didn't know was possible and that was topping 1.3. This is truly impressive. Dazed you have a beast on your hands here. Plus thank you for the effort you and Skunkape give to help folks out. Those who know the most aren't better than others, they just have been doing it longer. Sorry for the long post but for my first one I had to get my thanks out there. Peace and bacon grease

p.s. Dazed I owe you some Guinness Stout money for this!

New update wicked version. I will post links as soon as they are uploaded. In the morning.....

chase7628

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

When i check for Rom update now in the Kuban Updater it says that there is a new update available (2.0) when i hit yes the screen goes black and says unfortunately the kuban updater has stopped. When i hit ok it takes me out of the program???? ANY HELP please? Thanks for your time!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

When i check for Rom update now in the Kuban Updater it says that there is a new update available (2.0) when i hit yes the screen goes black and says unfortunately the kuban updater has stopped. When i hit ok it takes me out of the program???? ANY HELP please? Thanks for your time!

For now download the version 2 from HERE
Or
Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1