[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.3 [OFFICIAL] ROM

Thanks for the ROM. I love it. I am looking to update to 2.0 but I have a couple of questions. I am not sure the correct order of events. I am thinking:

1) Backups (obviously)
2) Full wipe
3) Flash 2.0 and Reboot
4) Flash Pink Theme
5) flash Titanium Backup apps.zip

I am not sure about the order of 4 and 5, or even if it is ok to us TiBU zip files to update the apps.

Thanks all.
Diane

That's correct, Im not sure about the titanium part, I never do it, but if it's worked for you before I say go for it. I'm not sure about the backup zips either, maybe skunk can help you with that one.

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

That's correct, Im not sure about the titanium part, I never do it, but if it's worked for you before I say go for it. I'm not sure about the backup zips either, maybe skunk can help you with that one.

Does it matter if you apply the theme before or after you install your apps (manually or by using TiBU)?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Does it matter if you apply the theme before or after you install your apps (manually or by using TiBU)?

It doesn't really matter about when to install the apps. I normally do it in this order and have never had admit issues.

1. Wipes
2. Flash Rom
3. Setup phone and accounts
4. Wipe cache and dalvik again.
5. Flash theme
6. Restore backups with titanium. However, I've never used the zip option.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Looks good and seems faster.

I'm not sure about the TB stuff but I didn't have to mess with mine at all after wiping. Everything just took care of itself.

Question about the ad-blocker. I have it installed but I still get ads during games and stuff. Is this not supposed to work for blocking those? If anyone knows how to do that I would sure appreciate the help.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Cleaned up some theming. Updated themed apps. Not really sure as I no longer have the gs3... Dazed will have more info when he's of work.

So you went all the way to the Note 2 then? I was tempted but I still don't have LTE here so I haven't experienced the full potential of the GS3 yet. If I want it I have to move to a farm town outstate.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Looks good and seems faster.

I'm not sure about the TB stuff but I didn't have to mess with mine at all after wiping. Everything just took care of itself.

Question about the ad-blocker. I have it installed but I still get ads during games and stuff. Is this not supposed to work for blocking those? If anyone knows how to do that I would sure appreciate the help.

Those are usually adds that come with the game. Cant do much with those, it's their way of forcing you to buy the paid version if it starts irritating you enough.

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for all the help.

I got V2 installed, the pink theme, and then my apps back. I ended up just restoring them manually a couple at time using TiBU (not the zip file). I set up the the other system settings manually.

I never could get the TW calander to work. I uninstalled the themed one, wiped, and flashed the TW calender zip muliple times but it never worked. It was weird, it looked like it was there, but it wasn't connected to any gmail account. And when I tried to add the account it said it already existed (because it did). So then I went to account settings to make sure the calendar was set to sync and there wasn't even a calendar option?!

Oh well - I can live with the themed pink calendar.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for all the help.

I got V2 installed, the pink theme, and then my apps back. I ended up just restoring them manually a couple at time using TiBU (not the zip file). I set up the the other system settings manually.

I never could get the TW calander to work. I uninstalled the themed one, wiped, and flashed the TW calender zip muliple times but it never worked. It was weird, it looked like it was there, but it wasn't connected to any gmail account. And when I tried to add the account it said it already existed (because it did). So then I went to account settings to make sure the calendar was set to sync and there wasn't even a calendar option?!

Oh well - I can live with the themed pink calendar.

I'm going to be working on those calendars. They look hideous. They made that app so hard to theme and added a bunch of brown text. I kinda rushed getting it added. Plan on working on them this weekend.

You couldn't get the tw calendar that came with the theme to work?

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

The pink one works great.

But I have lots of color coded calendars and I really like the original non themed TW widget. I like how prominent the Google calendar colors are on that one.

The widget in the pink theme looks nice but it is really difficult at quick glance to see what calendar the events belong to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The pink one works great.

But I have lots of color coded calendars and I really like the original non themed TW widget. I like how prominent the Google calendar colors are on that one.

The widget in the pink theme looks nice but it is really difficult at quick glance to see what calendar the events belong to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I will try to get you a flashable zip this weekend for stock calendar.

abubbae

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean ROM

So after a crap experience (and a quick one, a few hours) with CM10..I'm back to WS 1.3. However I have no phone service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wifi and 4g but no cell service! help please!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

So after a crap experience (and a quick one, a few hours) with CM10..I'm back to WS 1.3. However I have no phone service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wifi and 4g but no cell service! help please!

Have you tried to update your prl and profile?

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I have had issues this week with receiving calls...after a couple of trips to the sprint store and a couple of phone calls to sprint I was told there is a network issue.

Last edited:

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi Dazed, been using you WS rom since day 1, and it's always been amazing. And maybe it's just in my head, but ver 2.0 seems way faster, so there's another plus.
But, I'm having an issue.
Google maps freezes up after zooming in.
Is anyone else having trouble with this?
I'm willing to bet it's something with the phone, and not the rom, because it was doing this on the previous version too.
I wiped data/ factory reset and wiped davilik before installing v 2.0, and still the same issue

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Dazed WS 2.0 is an awesome ROM.....flashed it on my S3 yesterday after flashing 1.3 earlier this week.

The only small issues I have found were
The voice mail icon isn't quite right.

When trying to install one of the clock mods thru the kuban updater, on reboot it popped up UI system has stopped working.

These aren't bothering me at all, just want to give ya heads up. This is an awesome ROM. Thanks for all the hard work.

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Do you use the same kurban update and modem update that you would for version 1.3

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Do you use the same kurban update and modem update that you would for version 1.3

I'm not sure but I don't think either the kernel or kuban updater was changed in this update. I can't be sure as I no longer have the phone but I haven't seen anything about these being changed.

I think most of the changes are app updates and some theming changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.