[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 2.1 [OFFICIAL] ROM

Skunk, have you seen the stuff about this MB1 update and what is your take on it?

dimak5504

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Thank you guys! I removed the account, decrypted the device, and was able to flash successfully.
New version looks and feels fantastic!

One thing that seems different is there used to be a "Clear" key when pulling down the top bar. I can't seem to find a way to activate that again in any of the setting menus.
Was that removes from this 2.1 version or am I just not finding it? Thanks again.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Thank you guys! I removed the account, decrypted the device, and was able to flash successfully.
New version looks and feels fantastic!

One thing that seems different is there used to be a "Clear" key when pulling down the top bar. I can't seem to find a way to activate that again in any of the setting menus.
Was that removes from this 2.1 version or am I just not finding it? Thanks again.

There's 3 lines in the top right corner. They only show when you have something to clear.

dimak5504

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Scratch that, I figured it out........probably should've guessed about the X in the top right....DUH.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Your DUH doesn't beat my DUH...
A few months ago, after I installed the WS ROM, I had this icon up top, that I couldn't get rid of.
I couldn't quite make it out, other than it was a circle of some sort.
Tried for days to get rid of this thing.
So I sent out an SOS to Skunk....
Described the problem.
Described when I started to see it.
Described what I did to try and get rid of it..
Sent screenshots...
"It's the alarm" he says....
That's the DUH to beat my friends!

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Your DUH doesn't beat my DUH...
A few months ago, after I installed the WS ROM, I had this icon up top, that I couldn't get rid of.
I couldn't quite make it out, other than it was a circle of some sort.
Tried for days to get rid of this thing.
So I sent out an SOS to Skunk....
Described the problem.
Described when I started to see it.
Described what I did to try and get rid of it..
Sent screenshots...
"It's the alarm" he says....
That's the DUH to beat my friends!

That's too funny....Thanks for sharing!

sydewayzsoundz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]Wicked Sensation JellyBean ROM

i just flashed the new 2.1v last night..it really seemed to improve my battery life dramatically..I can dig that....I am having an issue with my facebook not alerting me on my private messages. My regular facebook notifications are coming through, but they are only vibrating and not giving me an audible notification...with the private messages, I am getting no alert at all...I cleared data and cache...any body else having this issue?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

i just flashed the new 2.1v last night..it really seemed to improve my battery life dramatically..I can dig that....I am having an issue with my facebook not alerting me on my private messages. My regular facebook notifications are coming through, but they are only vibrating and not giving me an audible notification...with the private messages, I am getting no alert at all...I cleared data and cache...any body else having this issue?

Sorry. I don't use Facebook.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

So my fiance has been on wicked 1.2 for the last month or so.....today she got an software update notification from Sprint....should she ignore this or allow it?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I was going to mention how my battery life improved drastically, but I wanted to give it a few more days to be sure.
At first, it was awful, but It turned out to be a calendar widget draining it.
So I deleted it, and went through all my normal "conserve" settings, and ever since, my battery life has doubled.

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I want to upgrade to 2.1 currently on 1.3 (newbie here)
Did titanium back (for both users apps and stystem data, moved over to sd card to store)
BOOT TO RECOVERY
-DO A NANDROID OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT AND ENJOY
this part gets me...LOL
Google loads most of my apps back, but how do i get everything back the way it was?
email? screens? settings? etc?
is there a way?
thanks in advance.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Did titanium back (for both users apps and stystem data, moved over to sd card to store)
BOOT TO RECOVERY
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT AND ENJOY
this part gets me...LOL
Google loads most of my apps back, but how do i get everything back the way it was?
is there a way?
thanks in advance.

If you have the titanium backup pro it saves the settings as well. Never, ever, would I restore any of the system data.

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site

OH!!!
so I should restore the naniod backup, purchase pro, then install 2.1 then restore..

got it thanks!!
If you have the titanium backup pro it saves the settings as well. Never, ever, would I restore any of the system data.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

BOOT TO RECOVERY
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT AND ENJOY
this part gets me...LOL
is there a way?
thanks in advance.

You're going to like WS-2.1 :D
As far as getting everything setup. You're always going to have to do some manual things to get a new rom set up just the way you want it. The phone settings only take 5 minutes (10 at most) to go through and manually set up. You can restore data to your email app with titanium, and desktop and lock screens only take about 30 seconds each to manually set.
As for google backup, there will be people who disagree, but you really don't need, (or want) google backing up and restoring your apps. Besides restoring the apps, google also restores the data for each app, which can cause problems. If any of that restored data is corrupt or caused problems in the past, you're just asking for trouble by restoring it. So disable the google backup option on the phone and use Titanium instead. It gives you a lot more control.
For example after flashing a new rom, you can use Titanium to batch restore your user apps with NO DATA, just the apk's. After that's done, use titanium again to selectively restore the data ONLY for the apps that absolutely need it. I only do data restore for 5-6 apps, that's it.
After restoring all your apps you can restore your launcher data and that will take care of setting up your screens with all your app shortcuts and some of your widgets. Keep in mind, widgets sometimes have to be manually set up, no way around that.
Hope this helps a little.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

If you have the titanium backup pro it saves the settings as well. ......... ........

No matter how much I use TiBu, there's so many cool things it does, I'm always finding new tricks. Thanks for another one lol. Manually going thru and changing settings only took a few minutes, but hey that's one less thing to do. :)

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

What is flash dirty? and also if I wanted to flash Up in Smoke - how do I go back to Wicked Blue?

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone answer my question above? Fiance keeps getting software update from Spring....does she do it or ignore it? Thank you. She is on version 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463