[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I saw that. But I used to have an app in the app drawer called Beats audio that I could manipulate the settings and equalizer.... How do I get that back?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

That's not in the ROM. I just used the medium hack, since thats the setting that I had used most with the Beats.

Sent from my GS3 running Wicked Sensations...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I saw that. But I used to have an app in the app drawer called Beats audio that I could manipulate the settings and equalizer.... How do I get that back?

beats Audio only worked with one music app. It was pretty much useless...

It can be installed from the playstore.
Beats Audio Installer

Last edited:

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

It's called Awesome Beats. Ill see if I can get an add on for it in the updater. I use it with Google Music and another music app I have and really like it.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am running v 2.5 on the ATT version. How do I change the lockscreen wallpaper? I'm using Nova. Do I have to switch to TW to do so?

Also, is the Kuban Updater fully functional? Would love to try the other themes but can't seem to find them

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It's called Awesome Beats. Ill see if I can get an add on for it in the updater. I use it with Google Music and another music app I have and really like it.

Yes! That's what I'm looking for. I used it with Google music and bluetooth in my car. It's amazing the difference it made.

Thank you!

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am running v 2.5 on the ATT version. How do I change the lockscreen wallpaper? I'm using Nova. Do I have to switch to TW to do so?

Also, is the Kuban Updater fully functional? Would love to try the other themes but can't seem to find them

I don't do the ports to the other carriers, I just gave him permission to do it. On my Sprint version to switch lock screen wallpaper I juat hit Settings/display/wallpaper/lock screen and use the gallery to do so.

I have him the edits to get the updater working, but I think he has been having some health issues lately. Sorry I cant be of anymore assistance to the ported carriers.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't do the ports to the other carriers, I just gave him permission to do it. On my Sprint version to switch lock screen wallpaper I juat hit Settings/display/wallpaper/lock screen and use the gallery to do so.

I have him the edits to get the updater working, but I think he has been having some health issues lately. Sorry I cant be of anymore assistance to the ported carriers.

duh! thanks! The one place I wasn't looking

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It's been crashing on me too for the past 2 days ( even after reboots and not JUST when I klicked "new"). Today, it's fine.
But here's my question. When I dial a name on the keypad, or type a new name into an sms message, the name is readable, but the (home) and (mobile) text is either non existant or somethings wrong, where you can't read it. I kind of need to see the (home) or (mobile) text before I do something. ANy thoughts? Picture attached...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89394388/shot.png

I was letting you know that it fc JUST when I clicked "new". I wasn't saying that you had the same issue with the updater. With the text issue in GoSMS read the next few lines........
I know you noticed that it reads fine with stock messaging, so it's within the apps setup how it reads framework from the rom. I have been trying to figure out a fix to help with your issue. If you would like to do a back up, then flash this test framework-res.apk in recovery (no wipes needed) to see if it fixes your issue and let me know. Just download the zip and flash in recovery with no wipes. Please do a backup in case of any issues. Thanks.

dad2noah Test Framework zip - CLICK HERE

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work :(
flashed with no wipes.
As soon as I get up the intestinal fortitude, I will re download the 3.0 rom, and wipe wipe factory reset and install. Maybe it was a corrupt download or something?
I also noticed... I use an app called evernote. When typing a note, it's blue. And not a nice blue. Kind of a irritating blue on the white background. But after I save it, and read it, it's the normal black text on the white background.
It's not supposed to be blue when typing a note ( I use it on my tablet and pc too. It's black text)

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok I think I am missing something here.
I backup do this:
Do Apex Setting
Backup
Setting
Desktop Data

Titanium Pro
(Menu)
Special Backup
Backup data to XLM
(Do messages / Log)
Backup/Restore
(check box)
Backup All User Apps

Reboot / Recovery
DO A NANDROID OF MY CURRENT SETUP
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT

then to restore I do the reverse, but when I am done I am missing my email accounts and a few other things
Please help what did I not do?

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I backup do this:
Do Apex Setting
Backup
Setting
Desktop Data

Titanium Pro
(Menu)
Special Backup
Backup data to XLM
(Do messages / Log)
Backup/Restore
(check box)
Backup All User Apps

Reboot / Recovery
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT

then to restore I do the reverse, but when I am done I am missing my email accounts and a few other things

When doing a nandroid backup you don't wipe anything or it defeats the purpose.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I backup do this:
Do Apex Setting
Backup
Setting
Desktop Data

Titanium Pro
(Menu)
Special Backup
Backup data to XLM
(Do messages / Log)
Backup/Restore
(check box)
Backup All User Apps

Reboot / Recovery
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT

Plus v 3.0 comes with AOSP email instead of stock email. That may be why they are not restoring. And also coming from android v4.1.1 to v4.1.2 I'm not sure how much restoring I would do anyway. But that's just me.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Plenty of people have flashed 4.1.2 over 4.1.1 without a factory reset, so I don't think restoring apps is likely to be an issue. But changing email apps probably explains sirtronic's problem.

Just curious: What's the benefit of the AOSP email app over the stock Samsung version?

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Plus v 3.0 comes with AOSP email instead of stock email. That may be why they are not restoring. And also coming from android v4.1.1 to v4.1.2 I'm not sure how much restoring I would do anyway. But that's just me.

None of my accounts are restoring, I have to redo them all?
I have never gotten this right.
can someone do a step by step to flash to a new rom (or point me to one)
I went from 2.1 to 3.0.
thanks!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
None of my accounts are restoring, I have to redo them all?
I have never gotten this right.
can someone do a step by step to flash to a new rom (or point me to one)
I went from 2.1 to 3.0.
thanks!

When you do a factory reset you always have to restore your Google accounts. This is on every ROM. If you don't want to do this, go back to stock and stop flashing ROMs and wiping data.

The whole point of a factory reset is wiping the old and starting fresh. Titanium will backup your app and app data but it's better to restore the app only. As it's normally dirty data that causes issues.

A nandriod is used to restore the complete system and while you can use it to restore data only and it will restore your accounts and all, it isn't recommended as the makes the factory reset completely pointless.

Again if you can't handle setting up your phone, you shouldn't be flashing ROMs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01