Quick question , I'm about to root my GS 3?

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay I'm tired of waiting for jelly bean so I think I'm going to root my phone. Now I want to stick with the most stock version, basically the official leak. Is there different versions?what anyone else recommend this? Or should I go with 1 of the other roms?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you would be better served with the latest Jelly Bean leak (LJ7). This uses the same Touchwiz interface and may even be the same as the official OTA version of Jelly Bean. This will include all the new JB features and is very stable: [ROM] 10/23/12 Sprint Touchwiz Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Leak (L710VPBLJ7) Odex/DeOdex - xda-developers. (Thank Freeza if you get a chance. The developers put a lot of time into these ROMs)

Once you get comfortable with the rooting and flashing process, you may want to move forward with other ROMs based on the JB leak like those mentioned by Skunk (They offer tons of themed features but if you choose those 2, you better like black and blue :)) I personally am using the Goodness SGIII JB ROM 2.03 (by Mijjz and Team Nocturnal) based on one of the Jelly Bean Leaks and adds similar features like the 15 toggle mod, 4 in 1 reboot mod, lots of bloatware removed (Programs that are built into the Samsung system that are rarely used but utilize un-needed resources) to increase your battery life. You are given a choice of Touchwiz, Apex, or Nova launchers which gives more variety in your choice of interfaces. He has also re-designed many of the icons, added the Galaxy Note2 gallery, is extremely fast and other features too numerous to mention. Most of the developers share their mods and work together to form a very user-friendly community. All these ROMs will be easily available and you will find one that best suits your needs. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited: