Which ROM do you like best?

Which ROM is best?

• Total voters

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz... faster smoother and doesn't strip my phone of all the cool features that comes on the phone.

What are some of the best TouchWiz ROMs in your opinion? Also some of the best AOSP/AOKP ROMS as well (if you have any experience with those type of ROMs).

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide. I already gave you two TouchWiz based ROMs in the other thread....Darth Stalker....Wicked Sensations. Try them out and decide for yourself.

It's kind of like asking me what my favorite color is, because you don't know what your favorite color is. My tastes, and yours are most likely not the same :)

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't decide. I already gave you two TouchWiz based ROMs in the other thread....Darth Stalker....Wicked Sensations. Try them out and decide for yourself.

It's kind of like asking me what my favorite color is, because you don't know what your favorite color is. My tastes, and yours are most likely not the same :)

But a color I can see and decide right away... much more work with this stuff!! That's why I'm getting some ideas first, based off of what other people are saying.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
When I had my Optimus S, I was on a ported CM9. We couldn't get CM10 to work, no drivers for any of the hardware and no "real" wrappers to get the hardware working. The stock "themed" roms all were froyo or gingerbread, and we didn't get the official gingerbread until about 6mos before my contract ended. CM9 was a little buggy and had to be rebooted often, but it allowed me to make my old and tired phone sing again.
When I got my SGS3, I went straight for the official CM10 and was happy for all of a day. A week later, I saw a TW themed rom and tried it out. I liked it so much better than the CM10 rom because I got all of the really kewl things that Samsung baked into the rom that were either broken, missing or buggy in CM. When CM10.1 came out, I tried that too, but found Wicked Sensations and I've used it almost exclusively since (tried an AOSP that was pretty kewl, but still, I missed all of the Sammy stuff).
Until I can't make my phone sing anymore with a TW rom, I won't be going to AOKP/CM/AOSP anytime soon...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
When I had my Optimus S, I was on a ported CM9. We couldn't get CM10 to work, no drivers for any of the hardware and no "real" wrappers to get the hardware working. The stock "themed" roms all were froyo or gingerbread, and we didn't get the official gingerbread until about 6mos before my contract ended. CM9 was a little buggy and had to be rebooted often, but it allowed me to make my old and tired phone sing again.
When I got my SGS3, I went straight for the official CM10 and was happy for all of a day. A week later, I saw a TW themed rom and tried it out. I liked it so much better than the CM10 rom because I got all of the really kewl things that Samsung baked into the rom that were either broken, missing or buggy in CM. When CM10.1 came out, I tried that too, but found Wicked Sensations and I've used it almost exclusively since (tried an AOSP that was pretty kewl, but still, I missed all of the Sammy stuff).
Until I can't make my phone sing anymore with a TW rom, I won't be going to AOKP/CM/AOSP anytime soon...

Very informative. Thanks a lot.

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

I feel for the most part the same way. Back when I had my Optimus S, I could only run cm7 and HydroROM as those were the only stable ROMS

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Think I might go with a Wicked ROM, or the "new: Chemistry ROM that has working multi-window. Pretty sure both are TouchWiz based which is great and just what I want.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
imho, Goodness is the most complete TW Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
Dazedandconfused - Wicked Sensations 2.0
Joshbeach - Jelly Bomb 13
Kennyglass123 - The Peoples ROM 3.1
Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

All these ROMs are great and are well supported through the xda forums. You will learn a ton about rooting and options over at xda: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android Development - xda-developers

Last edited:

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
imho, Goodness 8.03 is the most complete Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

All these ROMs are great and are well supported through the xda forums. You will learn a ton about rooting and options over at xda: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android Development - xda-developers

+1 for FreeGS3. Never tried the other roms though.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
imho, Goodness 8.03 is the most complete Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

Yes, I just registered at XDA a few days ago. Been posting and lurking around there ever since lol. Can't decide if I like AC or XDA better :p

jbzny1

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I am really enjoying Chemistry rom it has multiwindow working and a great number of options. It has been absolutely stable no problems at all for me. Reminds me of Myns or Miks roms for the og evo, daily driver without a second thought!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jbzny1

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I just registered at XDA a few days ago. Been posting and lurking around there ever since lol. Can't decide if I like AC or XDA better :p

AC is a lot more civil I have been on both for almost 3 yrs I don't comment much, but I'm on both almost daily reading post, you will find roms, kernels in abundance on xda, but be careful asking questions, you can and will get flamed. I've learned that all the information you need is on the site and its best to do like me and find it urself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes I asked a question there a few days ago and got obliterated by many. You would thin their parents would've taught them better, like seriously the maturity level over there is that of a 14-16 yr old. Heck my 12yr old sister is more mature than 95% of the posters there lol.