Can I recover the Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710

mikes1072

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
A major mistake was made to my L710. I installed a ROM for another model phone to it unknowingly and not paying attention. The ROM installed and the phone re-booted only to lie there lifeless afterwards. I have my back ups and such to install if I can get the phone to turn on. Question is, am I toast or is there a way to get a back up recovery installed that I am unaware of? Does anyone know by chance ?

Thanks so much!

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, If you can get the phone into flash mode (I don't know what it's called, but you can flash roms in that mode) you can save your phone. The same thing happened to me when I installed a custom rom. Find the official galaxy s3 rom for sprint (Google is a wonderful thing) and flash it using Odin. That should fix the problem. As for recoveries, after you install the official rom I believe you can flash recoveries, but I'm unsure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and if you can't get it into flash/recovery mode (like nothing will start) your screwed and have deep bricked your phone. Nothing can be done at this point because your phone knows nothing anymore. It's basically a paperweight if it gets bricked this much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you can't boot into recovery, which is likely after flashing the wrong ROM, search these forums for and/or Google for JTAG. I don't know the details, but there's a way to save your phone with a USB device. It won't be free, though.