No mobile data!!!

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted my Sprint Galaxy S3 with no problems. Since then, I have flashed a couple of different ROMs..Now, I have No phone or messaging on it. When I go to phone ID it says, "Network unknown...My phone number..UNKNOWN..MIN..UNKNOWN! ICCID..UNKNOWN! What happened? PLEASE,
any help would be nice....

JaTay

(NOT enjoying my new Galaxy at the moment...:/)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like somewhere in the process you wiped the device via recovery and lost the radio. You will have to flash a known working ROM that you have from a previous backup or find and flash the radio.img (or tar file) via Odin.

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have flashed a couple GOOD ROMs...NO difference..again, I should have investigated a lil more on rooting before i took the plunge....

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed a couple GOOD ROMs...NO difference..again, I should have investigated a lil more on rooting before i took the plunge....

Well, it?s not root that's the problem. Just start over. If you don't have a good nand backup go here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=252327

Follow Mr Skunkape's method(s) in the OP. You'll be fine. The method you'll use to start the flash will depend on the recovery you have.

If you still don't have phone number etc go to settings / activate this device. If that doesn't get it try *2.

Keep after it. You'll get it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If you go to settings>about device>status>and you don't see your MEID # or IMEI you are screwed if you don't know what they are, this hardly ever happens, but it can happen. You would then need to take it to Sprint. Other than that you just buried something and it can be fixed. Just remember ROMs have nothing to do with your Modem, so you have to flash them separate. The easiest way to fix this is by flashing a android backup.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I HAVE the following:
Mobile network type
MEID #
IMEI #
IP ADDRESS
SERIAL #

DONT have:
SVC STATE
MOBILE NETWORK (shows disconnected)
PHONE NUMBER (shows unknown)
MIN # (shows unknown)
ICCID # (shows unknown)
PRL shows the #1

All from my phone info... PLEASE HELP.... I LOVE MY S3!!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I HAVE the following:
Mobile network type
MEID #
IMEI #
IP ADDRESS
SERIAL #

DONT have:
SVC STATE
MOBILE NETWORK (shows disconnected)
PHONE NUMBER (shows unknown)
MIN # (shows unknown)
ICCID # (shows unknown)
PRL shows the #1

All from my phone info... PLEASE HELP.... I LOVE MY S3!!!

Dude... update profile... :beer:

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently running CyanogenMod 10.1 Skank... only has their update.. can't find where to update..... VERY embarrassing! :-\

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running CyanogenMod 10.1 Skank... only has their update.. can't find where to update..... VERY embarrassing! :-\

You have to flash a tw ROM to update the prl and profile. There is probably a temporary boot also for cm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Think I just may be having a similar problem

Edit: nvm, fixed it with a reboot, after none of my signal tower switching apps worked, lol

Got my messaging back

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
OK....so I flashed a sprint 710 stock rom....showed my profile and prl...updated SEVERAL times...STILL no mobile data!!!!!!!!!! This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I went to sprint zone from my phone...and it shows a problem..but wont fix it. WHAT TO DO??????? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! I NEED MY PHONE!! (not just a music player...)

JaTay

re: I EVEN tried KIES..no good, said everything was up to date. Im thinking that I "undid" something.....

Last edited:

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes....it may be time......my family hates me... I'm ATE UP WITH THIS!
Time to give up.......
Would still like to know what I did. ..

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes... L710VPBLJ7 When i go to Sprint help...it shows that I have data..but no voice. Ive had a circle with a line through it on my top screen ever since this has been going on. I am blocked at work on wifi....what you sent me on stock recovery..will you send it to metal_mover@yahoo.com ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae