Questions about Nandroid Backup and upgrade to "Emc" stock Rom

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have these three backup files in Clockwork directory
9una8y3a.jpg

but i don't remember to have backuped two times first days on March!:confused:

1) Why have i those items before of my true Nandroid backup of May 4, 2013?

2) During the Nandroid Backup (on half work) i got the message that the Ext Sd Card didn't exist but then the procedure was ended. Have i an uncorrupted backup file?

3) into backup i haven't photos, documents, and other things that i had into my internal sd card?

4) i have a stock Rom ("Ema2") as my signature and a different modem. If i install a new lasted rom ("Emc") need i to reinstall Siyah Kernel and the modem?

Thank you for your attention!!:)

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk 2- Rome, Italy

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry i was wrong the topic...:(

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk 2- Rome, Italy

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
1. I don't know. I don't use CWM, but I don't believe it will create backups all by itself.
2. I don't think I would rely on that backup. It probably did not complete correctly.
3. Nandroid does not backup either either the internal or external SD card.
4. The modem is completely separate from the ROM, so you won't need to reinstall it.
Some ROMs include the Kernel, some do not. In either case, you don't need to reinstall it. If Emc includes a kernel, it will get installed automatically. If it doesn't include a ROM, flashing the new ROM won't affect the one you already installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy