seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

sydewayzsoundz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wicked Sensations 4.0

Ok gang, for those interested, Dazed has updated Wicked Sensations to 4.0. This has the latest MD4 updates and Freeza's stock, optimized MD4 kernel. Follow the link over to XDA for the download links.

[ROM][MD4] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom v4.0-5/4/2013✭MultiWindow ✭Clock Mod ✭Awesomeness - xda-developers

Quick question. I am still on 4.1.2. If I flash this Rom, will I be ok, or do I need to upgrade to MD4 first, and if so how do I do that. Thank you..

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Quick question. I am still on 4.1.2. If I flash this Rom, will I be ok, or do I need to upgrade to MD4 first, and if so how do I do that. Thank you..

Ok, first this ROM is the same Android Version, 4.1.2. You will be fine to flash this ROM.

Second as far as the MD4 updates. They are included in the ROM, once you flash it and it reboots you can go in settings to about device and check the baseband to be sure it ends in MD4.

If by some off the wall chance it is still MB1, then here is the link to the thread on updating to MD4. Go to post #2 and click on the MD4 baseband/modem/firmware update link to download that update.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/272331-your-way-update-md4.html

Remember when flashing a new ROM it is best to do a clean intall: factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik. Then flash new ROM

sydewayzsoundz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Ok, first this ROM is the same Android Version, 4.1.2. You will be fine to flash this ROM.

Second as far as the MD4 updates. They are included in the ROM, once you flash it and it reboots you can go in settings to about device and check the baseband to be sure it ends in MD4.

If by some off the wall chance it is still MB1, then here is the link for the MD4 baseband/modem/firmware update.

MD4 Baseband / Modem / Firmware Zip

Remember when flashing a new ROM it is best to do a clean intall: factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik. Then flash new ROM

Thanks a million....I am going to flash right now, just was just waiting to make sure I was good...I always do a clean wipe also...thanks for your help.

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This may be a stupid question but, if I flash this ROM coming from a rooted version of the stock MD4 ROM 1) can I dirty flash amd 2) can I continue to use kies? Naturally if the answer to 2 is yes then I have no need to dirty flash.

sent via smoke signals

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

You can probably get away with dirty flashing. But make a nandroid backup first. If things seems messed up, you can always reflash "clean."

Wicked is a Touchwiz based ROM, so Kies should continue to work, but I've never used Kies so I can't say for sure. I always back up all my apps with Titanium Backup, and can restore apps and settings that way.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

This may be a stupid question but, if I flash this ROM coming from a rooted version of the stock MD4 ROM 1) can I dirty flash amd 2) can I continue to use kies? Naturally if the answer to 2 is yes then I have no need to dirty flash.

sent via smoke signals

Kies isn't included in the ROM. However if you back up apps with titanium, like meyerweb suggested, you will be able to restore it.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

You can probably get away with dirty flashing. But make a nandroid backup first. If things seems messed up, you can always reflash "clean."

Wicked is a Touchwiz based ROM, so Kies should continue to work, but I've never used Kies so I can't say for sure. I always back up all my apps with Titanium Backup, and can restore apps and settings that way.

I appreciate the info. I use Kies primarily to sync contact and calendar info with Outlook. It is the main reason I have not tried flashing custom ROMs

sent via smoke signals

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I was playing around with the Note app that you added and noticed that the calendar days and dates don't match up. It has all my events showing a day ahead of what they really are. Today's events are listed for yesterday and so on. Everything is correct in the Google calendar though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Added MD4 removed apps to the updater.

Added updated Apex Launcher v2.0 to the Updated Apps section of the updater. If you have already updated in the market, go into Settings/Application Manager/Apex Launcher and uninstall updates before you flash from updater.

Also added a new Team Venum/Wicked splash screen to the updater for those of you that like those. Have a great night and enjoy!!!!

DikogYm.png
[/IMG]

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Dazed, with permission, has added a mod in the kuban updater to allow the addition and use of morphology with WS 4.0

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the update, all went well except when I first installed it did not update to MD4. I downloaded and installed the manual MD1 to MD4 upgrade and it said it failed, yet when I rebooted and checked the settings it said it was installed. SO who Knows what happened, big thing is it all seems to be running well, again thanks to all!........... just wanted to add, my fault I downloaded the wrong file the first time...alls good!

Last edited:

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm gonna do my best to keep folks here up to date with WS. Its definetly one of the best ROMS out to run.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna do my best to keep folks here up to date with WS. Its definetly one of the best ROMS out to run.

Cool deal. Since Skunk left I have been going over to XDA. It's good to see the WS thread is back on AC.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums