does restoring original galaxy s3 rom using clockwork removes apps?

thatboyknate

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to restore my original stock rom on my sprint galaxy s3 using the backup I made with clockwork but can't remeber if it removes my apps....any ideal?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to restore my original stock rom on my sprint galaxy s3 using the backup I made with clockwork but can't remeber if it removes my apps....any ideal?

Welcome to the forums!

I have not had the need to do a restore from a Nandroid. I would guess that yes, it would wipe all apps, and data. My line of thinking is thus: For it to be a true backup and recovery method, wiping everything down to the bare files for the ROM is the best place to start from scratch.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That, and if you were to download a stock ROM form the net, and install via ODIN, it would definitely wipe everything, unless it specifically said it preserved user data.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I have not had the need to do a restore from a Nandroid. I would guess that yes, it would wipe all apps, and data. My line of thinking is thus: For it to be a true backup and recovery method, wiping everything down to the bare files for the ROM is the best place to start from scratch.

Try this easy method to return to stock with counter reset and status to normal.
It's a single file method.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1904099

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
A nandroid backup is like a full disk image backup on a PC. It backs up everything on your device, exactly as it was at the moment of backup. So if you do a nandroid restore, it restores the phone to that exact state. If you had apps installed when you did the nandroid backup, it will restore those apps. Any apps you installed after the nandroid backup, and any new data saved since then, will be gone.

Note that doing a nandroid restore will not unroot your phone. You'll still be rooted, and have CWM recovery installed. You'll just be back to the ROM and data you had at the time of that backup.

thatboyknate

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Preciate the help.....my wife phone is trying to do a update but I can't do it until I'm back on stock. ...just don't won't to lose all of her candy crush saves....is it any way to save the apps to a pc?

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Preciate the help.....my wife phone is trying to do a update but I can't do it until I'm back on stock. ...just don't won't to lose all of her candy crush saves....is it any way to save the apps to a pc?

Are you talking about 1 or 2 phones? If you just want to update to say MD4 follow meyers excellent thread on the matter.

Link below :

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2730989

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz