sdcard problems

markbehr

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok im running into another problem. When i try to flash ROMs and put them on my external sdcard they are no where to be found. I can only download and flash ROMs from my internal sdcard. Is there a reason it works any other time except when i try to flash roms downloaded on my ex. sdcard.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok im running into another problem. When i try to flash ROMs and put them on my external sdcard they are no where to be found. I can only download and flash ROMs from my internal sdcard. Is there a reason it works any other time except when i try to flash roms downloaded on my ex. sdcard.

Are you using a custom recovery like clockwork mod?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

markbehr

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I get them from another android forum. They worked fine on my ext. sdcard before. Since the issue i had with my phone they dont work there anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

nothing i have on my external sdcard show up in recovery.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I get them from another android forum. They worked fine on my ext. sdcard before. Since the issue i had with my phone they dont work there anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

nothing i have on my external sdcard show up in recovery.

What issue did you have? Don't expect us to remember another post you made.

Are you putting the zips in the top level of the card, or a sub-directory (folder)? Make sure they're at the top level.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can you access other files on the SD card from the phone?

If you go to Settings / Storage, and scroll down to the SD card section, what does it show there? You might try backing up any important files that are on the card, and reformatting it in the phone.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue with CWM. Some have reported success with backing up external SD card, reformatting it in FAT32 and then they are able to flash from there. I have been getting error messages in CWM saying "cannot mount backup path" when I try to nandroid. My solution has been to back up to internal card and move to external. Same with flashing- you can flash from your internal card and you can store the roms or whatever on the external card. More info here:

[FIX][CWM] Error: Unable to mount SDCARD in CWM (and CF-ROOT) - Page 3 - xda-developers

Viperx169

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Its a problem with all SD cards when formating the card outside the intended format other then the intended factory format for the card. That is only if you didn't format it with the Android SDK platform. Ive discovered this because I have done it myself with a SDmicro card adapter and USB Adapter. You have to format the micro mini cards utilizing the SD card specific formatting procedure which you can find on SanDisk website and download the program. Then reformat using their program using a USB adapter NOT the flat SD adapter. Something about the formatting process that is just more efficient. Make sure to do a FULL and complete format and do it more than once... Preferably 3 time to get the optimum performance and life of it. If it doesn't work you need a new card. Formatting other then their intended way can permanently damage your card especially if you have the red/gray class 1 video SanDisk as I do.... I was lucky enough that it was a success. You or some of you facing similar issues might not be so lucky. Hope it helps any questions email me MVS.Security.Agency@live.com

SephSephSeph

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have this locally made phone. And it has a 512 RAM and quadcore processor. Basically my wifi is on. And lots of games running freely and is auto opening themselves. Also I have someone who is calling me. Then it started to lag for a few minutes and became unresponsive. To that point i started to take out the battery instantly without turning it off. Like what i usually do. Then When I turned it on. All the things on my SD Card including apps and everything were gone. I restarted it again. taking out the sd and putting it back and everything else. I encountered it once. and what i did was to HARD RESET IT. but it also means to lose everything in my SD card. How do i fix this thing without the hard reset?