I'm sure this thread has been posted a billion times. But its been a couple days of struggling and troubleshooting and its really getting to me.

My modem broke the couple days ago and we have to wait five days for a new one. I set out to root my phone for wifi tethering with no internet or laptop. I was able to use my neighbors internet and my aunts laptop to root my phone using a toolkit I got from xda.

I know sprint is a pain to work with, I've tried things like foxfi and such with no success. What seems to work the most (sort of) is treve mod I'm using 3.2 beta2 modv5 synergized with these settings:

Device profile: auto
    Set up method: auto
    Netd max client cmd ticked
    Wifi encryption ticked
    Wifi driver reload 2 ticked
    Mss clamping ticked
    Routing fix ticked

These settings give me no errors on the log, it says it tethering and there is an upload and download speed but they are both at 0. Can't connect with any devices.
    Also. When I first got my s3 there was an option to turn on wifi tethering and when I tried of course it said you need a plan for it. Now I don't see it anywhere. When I have the first wifi driver reload ticked I get an error in the log saying something about wifi cmd failed.

Like I said I've tried many options and configurations, I'm new to this but I should be able to figure this out, its really getting to me. Now I'm asking for help. I've searched around a lot.

Thanks guys.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2013 05:10 PM
    I'm sure this thread has been posted a billion times. But its been a couple days of struggling and troubleshooting and its really getting to me.

My modem broke the couple days ago and we have to wait five days for a new one. I set out to root my phone for wifi tethering with no internet or laptop. I was able to use my neighbors internet and my aunts laptop to root my phone using a toolkit I got from xda.

I know sprint is a pain to work with, I've tried things like foxfi and such with no success. What seems to work the most (sort of) is treve mod I'm using 3.2 beta2 modv5 synergized with these settings:

Device profile: auto
    Set up method: auto
    Netd max client cmd ticked
    Wifi encryption ticked
    Wifi driver reload 2 ticked
    Mss clamping ticked
    Routing fix ticked

These settings give me no errors on the log, it says it tethering and there is an upload and download speed but they are both at 0. Can't connect with any devices.
    Also. When I first got my s3 there was an option to turn on wifi tethering and when I tried of course it said you need a plan for it. Now I don't see it anywhere. When I have the first wifi driver reload ticked I get an error in the log saying something about wifi cmd failed.

Like I said I've tried many options and configurations, I'm new to this but I should be able to figure this out, its really getting to me. Now I'm asking for help. I've searched around a lot.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the forums!
    Sprint, along with most of the other carriers, have closed almost all the loopholes in the ROMs to exploit the hotspot. You probably have everything set up fine, the ROM just isn't cooperating.
    09-14-2013 05:52 PM
    :O wow! Thats a bummer! I know verizons is free but their data isn't unlimited. And here I've been trying so hard x) dang.

Thanks though! At least I know. Is there a way to uncover a secure routers pass? Lol can I even ask this here? I just want wifi for a couple days ;c

09-14-2013 06:31 PM
    If you go here, you will find a flashable zip that will allow use of the native hotspot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40013605

sent from my GS3 running Wicked
    09-14-2013 07:28 PM