cant restore my 4.1.2 backups after flashing a 4.3 rom?

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i searched around a bit and only found threads on the imei issues on this jump back, but basically over all what i did was i was on moar v6 which is a 4.1.2 rom, and wanted to try out pacman rom which is 4.3

well i want to go back to my moar rom to grab some files that got wiped

so yea this is my first time really messing around with 4.3 roms and i know a lot got changed, and after i tried restoring my old backups and it failed i figured something is up

so what do i need to do to get my backups working?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
When you say backup, do you mean a nandroid, or something like Titanium backup?

Android 4.3 changes the file structure of the device to support the multi-user interface. There's a thread around somewhere with a fix for getting back. Let me search.....

I found this (look at post #10. [ROM] M.O.A.R - JellyBomb ver. 20.5.0 [Testing Ver. 21.0.0] - xda-developers (Where it says AOSP, it really means 4.3.) There's probably more out there, but I don't have time to search right now.

So what I think you'd have to do to restore an older backup would be to move everything that's below the 0 folder back up a level, and delete the 0 folder.

If nothing else, you could follow Skunkape's procedure to revert back to stock, reroot, and then restore: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-30-2012-sprint-only-unroot-return-stock.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084