PLEASE HELP: Won't boot into recovery, loads boot screen but nothing else

LunchBokks

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a Sprint/Virgin Mobile version of the Galaxy S3, and I fear I may have a brick, whether soft or hard I'm not too sure yet. The other day I have having audio issues, but it stopped after a few reboots. Then today I rebooted and flashed an old backup, afterwards my phone seemed not to know there was an external SD card, and the camera stopped working. I tried to boot into a backup from several weeks ago, but now I fear it got bricked in doing so somehow. I had PACMan ROM running on it, the last stable build, I want to say it want released in July. Now, if I boot up normally it just stays on the Samsung screen with the Cyanogenmod person. If I attempt to boot into recovery it gets to the TWRP screen, then goes black and attempts to boot normally, but runs into the previously stated issue. The only thing I can do is boot into download mode. I attempted to flash the Stock Touchwiz system MD5 via Oden, but came up with this error:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> system.ext4.win.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

PLEASE. Any help is appreciated.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I have a Sprint/Virgin Mobile version of the Galaxy S3, and I fear I may have a brick, whether soft or hard I'm not too sure yet. The other day I have having audio issues, but it stopped after a few reboots. Then today I rebooted and flashed an old backup, afterwards my phone seemed not to know there was an external SD card, and the camera stopped working. I tried to boot into a backup from several weeks ago, but now I fear it got bricked in doing so somehow. I had PACMan ROM running on it, the last stable build, I want to say it want released in July. Now, if I boot up normally it just stays on the Samsung screen with the Cyanogenmod person. If I attempt to boot into recovery it gets to the TWRP screen, then goes black and attempts to boot normally, but runs into the previously stated issue. The only thing I can do is boot into download mode. I attempted to flash the Stock Touchwiz system MD5 via Oden, but came up with this error:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> system.ext4.win.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

PLEASE. Any help is appreciated.

Try removing the ". md5" on the tar file. This will eliminate the md5 check and might be enough to get it moving and flashed.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

LunchBokks

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Try removing the ". md5" on the tar file. This will eliminate the md5 check and might be enough to get it moving and flashed.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

I tried that, and also tried replacing the .md5 with .tar. Is it a problem that the file is of the type MD5 and not a native TAR? I tried to google a converter but had no such luck. Here is a screencap of my extracted files from my Stock Backup, and the file I'm trying to flash is highlighted.
cap.PNG
Thanks for responding, I'd really rather not try to get a replacement. I have insurance but I'm pretty sure Virgin Mobile wouldn't like
the fact that it's rooted.

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It appears to me you're unzipping the backup. Don't do that.. find the one you didn't unzip and flash the whole thing. system, data, cache the whole nine yards.

Edit: I also noticed it's a win.md5 file. Might that .win part be some thing you setup as a default something? I know it's supposed to be tar.md5 soooooo try changing the .win part to .tar.

Edit 2: upon review your problem im 99% sure its because you've unzipped your backup. Just flash the whole thing without unzipping it at all. Just how cwm or twrp gave it to ya.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc